Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #91  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

LisaT: haha, thanks. It's not hard. Though I've been thinking about it some and I think my slip-ups might be due to the fact that I do feel like I am eating diet-food. Don't get me wrong, all those meals and snacks are stuff I love to eat. But I don't have any crazy-carby stuff in my plan. And sometimes it makes me slip up. Like when my mom asks at 11pm "I am at the shoarma place, do you want some?" and I'll say "yeh!!!". Obviously I regret those 500calories later on. But my resolve isn't strong then. Because I feel like I deserve something bad.

Have to work on that. Though the other day I discovered the Atkins Endulge-chocolate bar, and OMFG, it's awesome. So I only need a good chips subsitute and then I have decent snack foods that do feel like the old-foodies I used to eat. Hihi. Though, I am never feeling hungry or like I reallyneed something carby. So it's all in my mind. Just still this "I deserve something absolutely gross but oh so yummy just coz I do." Even after I've had a chocolate bar, popcorn, bread with garlic and shoarma in the past 6 days already. LOL. (at max of 1600 calories a day, I never eat over maintenance)

Congrats on the hot-girl compliment

Last edited by philana; 01-29-2012 at 02:10 PM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #92  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey all! I hope you're having a great weekend

philana, your menu is impressive! and sounds so yummy!

lisatcan : I'm glad you had a good talk with your bf. And yay for the foot healing!

So I was doing fine this weekend, the scale was going down and everything... And than Doritos happened. helloooooo, water retention LOL

Monday is my official weekly meeting, I hope my run this afternoon will help a bit!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #93  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I went to a chicken wing festival so weighing myself today isn't going to make anything better.

I've been really down lately but I got out and walked a few miles yesterday and today. I hate feeling depressed and losing my cool, but I actually cried in front of my dude for the first time on Friday night - work stresses me out, I can't pretend to care about the company and I only make $12 an hour with no benefits or anything. I apply for at least one or two jobs every day and have been at it for weeks and weeks and I never hear back from any. Tough cookies!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #94  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Lisa, I want to be called "the hot girl" one day! Haha. Glad your foot is healing. I hope the talk with your boyfriend does the trick.

Hi Samantha!

Philana, I am seriously impressed with your diet!

Krampus, sorry about your job stress! I've been a SAHM for almost three years and part of me is really itching to go back to work this year (my son will be 3 in April and my daughter just turned 1 this month). Just thinking about it makes me stressed out though! Oh and a chicken wing festival? Sounds A-maziiing.

Turbo, I can't keep chips in the house because I can't resist them! I hope your weigh-in goes well tomorrow!

I've been at 140.2 for a few days now, so I'm really hoping to see 130-something tomorrow. I'm still up 8 lbs from this summer, but it's amazing how much better I feel now that I've stopped gorging myself on junk. We're moving (back) to Florida two weeks from tomorrow and my husband is at sea for a month, so I'm left alone with my 1 & 2 year olds trying to get everything ready for the movers... stress city!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:53 AM   #95  
say what?

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

I have a metric scale that only shows the whole kilo's clearly so I've had to wait and wait to call it a real loss but I lost 1kilo, which is 2lbs. Which is YAY!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #96  
Returning WL Veteran

S/C/G: 132.8/Ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

Philana - congrats on the 2 lbs - that's awesome!

The scale is just hovering for me. It has been for weeks. I have been eating clean and I have been working out, but it just isn't budging. I am not sure why this is happening. This morning was rough. I had a really tough time waking up, and I really didn't want to eat anything healthy for breakfast. I saw my husband's muffins on the counter, but I resisted and made myself a spinach and mushroom scramble. Still don't know how I am going to get on the elliptical this morning, but I know I have to.

Anyone else got a bad case of the Mondays???
BalancedLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #97  
say what?

BalancedLife: thank you! And I'm sorry to hear you are having the monday blues. They suck. What helps for me is finding super happy songs to play. And reading boredpanda.com. As for the stall - I was at the same weight for 3 weeks, from the moment I started back up again till this morning. Stuff happens. Keep at it, but also don't make yourself miserable. Find a good treat to cure your monday blues if you have to . I am totally amazed by the Atkins candy bars, they are decent in calories and amazingly high protein and low carb. I don't do atkins but I do try to low-carb some.

Oh and I don't have monday blues, I just have "fed up with visiting the dentist blues". I've been to the denstist on monday for 6 weeks in a row now. I told him today I was taking a break for a bit. It's not like my teeth are super bad. Just neede 1 rootcanal which takes 3 visits and a few cavities that also tke a lot of visits because I can only get them filled one at a time. ARGH. My whole day just sucks after a visit because my mouth is just annoyed at the intrusion. Hihi. And I am a bit obsessive so I am constantly touching my teeth with my tongue.

Last edited by philana; 01-30-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #98  

krampus : your job sounds stressful I wish you to get news for the jobs you applied for!

ontheplace : I feel you, even if the weight isn't always what we wish for, stopping eating junk seems to make me feel lighter! Good luck with the moovers

philana : 2 lbs! that is awesome! congrats

balancedlife : god blue mondays... I found a solution to that. I do a SUUUPER big workout (a long run, actually) on sunday and I never work out on the next monday LOL

I WI this morning at 146.6 lbs, which is fin with me! I lost a bit less than a pound, but it's still better than a gain, considering the Doritos and the food I ate this weekend (the 2 diners were not junk, but were not so ''lean''... I cooked a Chicken supremes saturday night, and even though I put 15% cream instead of 35% cream, it is STILL CREAM lol)

I'm ready for this new week! Have a good monday everyone!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Yet another awful weekend of eating, I ate everything I could get my hands on since Friday night -- fried pickle chips, pasta salad, chicken salad, waffles, bacon, fried eggs, sausage, movie theater popcorn, delivery pizza, breadsticks, wings, cereal, more chicken salad, chocolate, beer, wine... yikes, it looks awful when I spell it out like that.

Waaay up this morning from salt/alcohol, I shouldn't have stepped on the scale. Sheesh.

And next weekend is SUPERBOWL weekend! The honey and I are making hot wings and god knows what else kind of crap food.

Bleh, well, back on plan for the week. I ate a slice of cake for breakfast this morning, ugh, but otherwise today should be on track. Salmon and baked potato and spinach for dinner.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #100  
Staying the Same

I had a pretty terrible weekend of eating too (didn't get on the scale for obvious reasons), but today's off to a good start and I know I won't feel so gross tomorrow when I wake up. Hannaford edamame salad is SUPER good if anyone has a Hannaford supermarket near them. It's all soybeans + veggies in a really rich olive oil dressing and is very filling.

The work stress/depression seems to have subsided for now...I always get really moody and weird in winter.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #101  
Returning WL Veteran

S/C/G: 132.8/Ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

Krampus,

You mentioned Hannaford and I looked at your profile... I didn't realize you lived in Albany. Small world, I live right outside of Troy, and I worked in Albany for a couple years.

And I totally feel you on the job thing. I just recently found a job that I love, but it took me a long time to find it. And I was in the same position as you before, making $12/hr with no benefits. Seriously. I know it sucks and the market is bad, but just keep sending out those applications/resumes! Eventually the right job will come through.
BalancedLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I used to live in Albany, too. I graduated from high school there, and I went to college not too far away, also in New York.

As for jobs, it will work out. I know so many people who are struggling now, but you just have to keep applying. I remember what it was like to make $12/hr, and I also remember when I got my break. It will happen, truly.

My job is a good one, but I've had it a LONG time, and it is difficult and draining and a huge stress in my life. This year feels like the last year that I can do it. Not surprisingly, then, I find myself glancing with lust at the candy box at work just so I can have some means of temporary escape. Fortunately, my impending vacation is helping me stand firm. I keep telling myself that I would rather wear a bikini in late April than eat a Milky Way now.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 01-30-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #103  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Good day all!

My supervisor called out sick today so I'm giving therapy to all my kiddos by myself. It's a beautiful feeling and now I seriously can't wait to graduate and be on my own!!

I made yummy chicken tacos for dinner last night which are a nice healthy alternative to beef ones. I felt bloated this morning and the scale showed a 1 lb gain so the bloating was confirmed. Well see what tomorrow brings after I down tons of water.

Philana: congrats on the loss!! Also, Special K chips are absolutely wonderful if you have the brand near you. You get 30 chips for...I think 130 calories. The cheddar ones are so good!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #104  
Staying the Same

Small world, Petite and Balanced! This area is pretty OK I think - I grew up here (went to South Colonie) and ended up back after college and teaching abroad, and I'm still in favor of the area in general.

I know it won't last forever, this whole shoestring-living thing, and things are already looking up - I found an apartment right near the engineering school in Troy, walkable to shopping, bars and bus stops, and I may soon see an end to the "spending $50 every week on gas" plague. The hilly neighborhood and proximity to the campus means I'll have a big plot of land that is relatively safe to jog and walk on - more exercise!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
The hilly neighborhood and proximity to the campus means I'll have a big plot of land that is relatively safe to jog and walk on - more exercise!
hilly neighborhood is definitely a must for toning the legs!

Hey all!

I had a big win last night : I put broccoli in the plate of my bf and he ATE it. OH YEAH!

Althought he wants us to order some Dominos pizza + breadstick + cook wings for Sunday's football game. I honestly don't have the heart to tell him I was planning to make a skinny artichoke and spinach dip LOL

Have a good day everyone!