Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #76  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

pinkrunner : 12 miles! Oh la la!! That is A LOT! I'm so impressed!! I'd like to be there one day I've been running for about 5-6 months now and I never felt that GOOD. I'm training for a 10k right now, for the Ottawa Winterman in February I do agree with you, the feeling you get when you finish your run and you acheived the distance or time you wanted is the greatest

Dianne : If only I was biting little things all around the day! lol I eat snacks, but planned snacks (like carrots or an apple). So I don't think it's much about the snacking but maybe more about my portion size... I think I'll go back to tracking reallyyyy soon though!

Hope you all had a good day, I'm off to my indoor gym hockey game, first of the season, it's going to be uglyyyy! lol
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #77  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

pinkrunner: I can only look at you in envy right now. Haha. I am working my way up to my first 5k. I wish I was at the point where I could just go run and not think too much about it. Taking breaks constantly kinda drags you out of the niceness of being outside and moving.

Dianne: My calories are low for this week only, I need to do something and I am trying this. The point is to then bump up some and kick my metabolism. When I was at 1300-1500 calories nothing happened. Also, 1300-1500 is gonna feel like a splurge after 5days of 1100! Hihi.

Turbo: Haha, goodluck. Is it just the same as any hocky or different because it's indoor?

--
I looks like my scale is moving a tiny bit. I am not calling it a pound loss yet, but it looks like i'll be there tomorrow or saturday if I keep it up.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Good morning feathers! Peeked at the scale this morning so I would know what to expect tomorrow for my weigh in -- I'm at 120.6lbs this morning! Uh, wow. Excellent!! I've been hardcore on plan this week after my awful weekend, and it's PAID OFF!

Can't wait to write down my weight tomorrow, especially since I had to write down a gain last week.

---

krampus - Hope you found your good streak again, we all have those days where we find ourselves at Denny's.

LisaTcan - Hope things are looking up for your relationship, I'm thinking about you.

philana- Hahaha, like Dianne said, the visual of what you described was very funny. I, too, love bread -- way too much. Glad to read that your scale is moving, that's excellent! Very gratifying feeling.

pinkrunner115 - Your runs always astound me, phew! I'm thrilled with 2 miles, lol. The excuse I'm using right now is that it's "too cold and rainy" outside to run. Nice work staying on track! mmm, ice cream sounds wonderful right now. I haven't have breakfast yet though, haha.

Dianne042425 - Sounds like our runs are about the same, haha. I graze a lot too, and then just tack a calorie estimate onto my day for all the bites and nibbles -- last night it was 1 pepperoni, 3 pringles, a couple of tortilla chips with home made salsa... My boyfriend likes to bring snacks to bed while we watch movies, if I don't make sure to brush my teeth before he gets in, I will succumb a bit.

TurboMammoth - do you PLAY hockey?? That's awesome! I want to so bad. Any kind of contact sport sounds awesome. I always thought I would really love roller derby, even though those women are big and could beat my arse.

Keep it up, beautiful girls! I'm proud of you all.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #79  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

philana : few difference, but the basics are the same!

Dorian : well, I prefer to say that I TRY to play! LOL It's a friendly mixt league for the students university... I started about a year ago. I'm still having a lot of trouble controlling the stick and the ball but it's a great intense sport to play And I'll admit it... I just like to run into people, specially guys, and see their astonish looks when I take the ball away from them LOL

I peaked on the scale this morning and YAY! it went down a bit I've planed a super healthy menu today, with tilapia fish for diner with steamed veggies. Yummy!

Have a great day everyone!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #80  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

So about 24 hours after Denny's I weighed myself and I was 130 lbs flat. WHAAAAT. I ended up having a fairly indulgent dinner last night ("peanut butter and jelly" chicken tenders w/lots of bleu cheese) but overall I feel pretty good about things. My dude has been picking me up by putting his hands around my waist under my ribs and commenting on my recent weight loss, using such lovely words as "skinny" and "tiny" and "I love how you look so amazing but eat so much." I notice my pants are fitting better too.

Dianne You flatter me! I don't count calories actually - I just know what a "good" day feels like, if I eat consistently less than what I've been eating, I'll lose weight and feel thinner. A Euro 34 in France/Italy/Spain is a US 2 but in Germany and the Netherlands since women are taller it's a US 4.

philana Nicely done on the gradual loss! I'm like a 48 in Italian/French sizes I'm sure, Germany/NL are just nice because everything's made bigger.

Dorian5 I feel awesome and so should you, hard work pays off.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Philana Even if its moving slowly, a loss is a loss. Still something to celebrate

Dorian You are doing so great with your weight loss. What are you doing for exercise every week?

Turbo Congrats on the scale moving in the right direction!!

Krampus CONGRATS!!!! You are ssssoooo close to being out of the 130's. I remember those days. Oh sigh lol I LOVE it when you get those nice compliments. Especially from the boy

Still not seeing any progress. Not with the scale or clothes. But thats ok. I am not getting discouraged. I havent been feeling deprived latley. Maybe thats why my attitude is doing ok despite the lack of physical results. Is it possible my body is hanging on to the weight because I have lost weight twice now and gained it back twice? Could dieting and messing it up all over again two times mess me up that bad? I know years of yo yo dieting can do that but what about just two times? Oh boy I hope not. I hope my body will let go of the fat..
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Hey Everyone!!

Dianne - thanks for the support, it doesn't sound cheesy at all. To be honest that's kind of what I'm doing right now. I'm trying to to worry about it to much and hoping a decision will come to me.

Krampus - Ugh!! Those comments are amazing! You must be excited to be 129

Pinkrunner - yeah, kudos to you. I don't think I could ever run that far!!

Dorian - Congrats, you've done so well the past couple of weeks! What are you doing?

TurboMammoth - congrats on the loss!!

Philiana - I feel you on the starchy carbs, they kill me...but they're my favorite thing to eat! Wow, I don't know how you stick to 1100 calories a day! I have a hard time staying at 1300 - 1400. However when I was acting professionally a few years ago before I decided it wasn't for me I used to work out 1.5 hours a day and stick to 1200...so it's definitely possible!! I just no longr have the will power.

Are a lot of you ladies in Europe? All this talk of 34's!

I was somehow up 2 lbs this morning!! Even though I stayed on plan all week! So annoying

Last edited by LisaTcan; 01-26-2012 at 06:44 PM.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #83  
say what?

Dorian: How awesome! Hope your weigh in is as you peeked it to be .

Krampus: sounds like you are happy in your body, that's so nice! Enjoy it

Dianne: Hihi, I know, but it's such tiny movement I can't cheer untill I know it's real. I am sure your body is fine, just patience like all of us! Hihi. I've yo-yo'ed more than twice and I can still lose weight.

LisaTcan: I already gave up on it today. I was so tired. Haha. Went back to 1350. I'm sure your 2lbs will be gone soon. We all know you haven't been eating 7000 calories above maintenance . Unless there's somethign you are keeping from us!

--
I had another crazy day from 9am till 11pm. But my paper is done. And the presentation at Uni went okay. And I went for pizza with friends after all the stress. I had saved up some calories for dinner, but not enough for pizza. And when we got there I was so starving hungry from all the mental-exercise I'd been getting I devoured the bread with garlic butter at 300 calories worth. And you know what? I did the most amazing thing I've ever done where it concerns food. LOL! I had an appetizer as a main course. It was smoked forell on a bed of salad. Just plain leafy salad. With some cucumbers and peppers. I am so PROUD! I was tired and so badly wanted the pizza but I knew I'd not feel any better after eating it and I knew even though I went overboard on the bread, there was still something to salvage. So I came in only 30 calories over my intake in the end.

I have never ever made a smart decision where it concerns food and I am in the midst of abundance and headachy tired. But I did today. This one I can use to tell myself I do have self control. Hihih. Would have done an hour of exercise but my mom went to bed early so I couldnt. I'll do some extra tomorrow!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:05 AM   #84  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Philana, I think that staying away from the pizza is a huge accomplishment-- I have such low willpower that I would have eaten at least 2 slices.

Lisa, I never understand the big jumps from one day to another. They make no freaking sense to me. Hate them too, but it's probably just "fake weight", water bloat or something like that. Should be back down in no time.

Diane, it's great you're not getting discouraged. I know how hard that is to work so hard and see little results, but it will get there in time.

Krampus, 130, awesome! Moving on down quickly! Maybe Denny's is the trick to weight loss.... wouldn't mind giving it a try haha.

Turbo, nice work on staying on track! You too Dorian!! Great work on 120!!!!

You guys make me blush . I don't see my long runs as a big deal because it's the one thing I'm decent at... I suck at most other sports-related things. I don't know how some of you can get moving on those bikes. Once I did a 60 minute spin class and I thought I was on the brink of death. At one point I thought, "well, it's almost over, I can push through" and when I looked at the clock we had only been going for 17 minutes . We've all got our strengths and weaknesses. You guys all seem to have such great willpower. I really wish I was that strong in the food department. I eat well, and then I'll tack on some extra junk because my willpower turns to mush when I see cake or chewy, fruity candy. I guess all we can do is keep at it until it works! Hope everyone is having a great week... Friday is already here!!
pinkrunner115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #85  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I'm jumping back in. I totally lost all motivation in July when my husband came home from deployment. I have been exercising fairly regularly (not nearly as much as I'd like, but at least it's something) but my eating has been out.of.control. I'm up almost 10 lbs from this summer! I was sooo close to getting out of the 130s, and now I need to get out of the 140s all over again.... Damn the man! (errr, the food). Haha. Of course now that Brian's back at sea (for a month) I'm finding it much easier to stay on track.

I'm not feeling very feathery at the moment, but I am going to stick with you ladies like glue in hopes that your dedication rubs off on me.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #86  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Yesterday was a pretty stressful 10-hour day at work...I'm a floor supervisor at events at my city's convention center/arena and last night was a huge concert (Rascal Flatts...NOT my cup of tea!). I ended up at the supermarket with my dude picking out ice cream. I capped it at a personal Haagen-Dazs cup (310 calories) and uhhh several bites of his, but somehow I feel really hazy and off this morning. I probably shouldn't have had it right before bed.

This morning I tried Kashi Go Lean cereal for the first time. It's really dense and I kind of cut my mouth on it, but it does deliver - I'm really full and I just had a little over 1 serving. Still, breakfast is not a habit I want to get into. I do fine eating my first meal at 1:30-3 pm, and I'm sure I'll be plenty hungry by then today, almost as if I never had breakfast.

OhThePlaces, I think man-happiness warrants 10 pounds. I definitely without fail gain 5-10 lbs when I'm really happy and spending time with a new man or one I'd been missing. You'll be just fine!

pinkrunner, Denny's wasn't that good - I'd rather blow calories on pub wings or ice cream than greasy "whatever" food. It's interesting how our weaknesses with sugar are opposite - for me it's chocolate + salt that turns me into a beast.

philana I am very impressed with your discipline! 1350 is still not much, I can't imagine 1100 would allow you any flexibility to change up what you eat.

LisaTcan 1200 and 1.5 hours a day is pretty severe - I don't think it's a question of losing willpower so much as your mind and body needing more energy to burn! I wish I were 129, 130ish today.

Dianne I dunno, I still drop and pick up pounds the same as ever and I know we've been yo-yo-ing and dieting for about the same period of time. I don't think we're old enough to have destroyed our metabolisms yet and we've been playing with 5-10 lbs, not 50+!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #87  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Krampus, I had to laugh when you said Go Lean Crunch cut your mouth. Same thing happened to me. I'm all for crunchy, but that cereal seriously does hurt. I always eat high fiber cereal in the morning. I really like Fiber One Raisin bran crunch. It gives that filling feeling but it's easier to chew

OhThePlaces, my husband is military too. I find it much easier to eat well when I'm by myself. When he's home I'll snack with him and won't lose anything. I'm trying to change that because he's home more often than gone.

Yesterday I stayed at 1300 calories, which is pretty low for me but I wasn't feeling very hungry (which is abnormal). I didn't go to the gym though, so I'm okay with going that low on a day off. The rest of the week I've stuck to 1500, with one "slip up" day of 2000. The one thing that I can't ever seem to get right is how many calories I need to eat on long run days. I usually don't think about eating more calories than 1500 with a run less than 10 miles, but when it's over that I feel that I should eat back a few more... but I have no idea how much. I don't trust the "calories burned" readout on machines because they are notoriously inaccurate. How do you guys assess how many calories to eat? Do you stick to one number each day despite your workouts, or do you modify it based on what you did that day?
pinkrunner115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #88  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls! I'm Samantha and I'm kind of new. I was a member here 2 years ago but stopped coming because of school. I'm back for good and I just wanted to drop by and say hello! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and meeting some new weight loss buddies! I definitely need the motivation!

I'll start getting into personals in february, just wanted to say hello!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #89  
say what?

Krampus, what I eat today and is gonna come in around 1100 calories is quite a mix of things really:

breakfast:
60gr greek yoghurt, half a fuji apple mixed through it. HEAVENLY. (110 cals)
1 cracottes vitalu with peanutbuttor (125cals)

lunch:
3 cracottes vitalu (75 cals)
100grams of tuna in sunflower oil with lot's of pepper and some curry powder (190 cals)

dinner:
60gr quinoa (230 cals)
10 gr pine nuts (70 cals)
cucumber (like almost nothing)
130 gr red beet/cabbage with apple (100 cals)
green salad (20 cals)

snacks:
2 kiwi's (90 cals)
1 cheese string (70cals)
few cashewnuts (40cals)

EASY

Last edited by philana; 01-29-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Philiana - wow, that crazy. You eat really well, I do not have the energy to plan out my meals that well!
My day is generally
B - coffee
L - trail mix, apple, latte (450 calories)
S - kashi granola bar (150)
Then whatever my boyfriend and I have for dinner..makes up like 800 calories. Needless to say, I'm impressed. Especially as a fellow grad student.

Samantha - Welcome!

Krampus - I also laughed, Go lean crunch hurts my mouth too! I'm also I breakfast skipper.

So I talked things through with my boyfriend and he agreed to keep his boy's nights to once a week and cut back on his drinking. I'm going to give it some time and see if this works for me.

Oh ps. I was at a dinner party last night and someone referred to me as the "hot girl" which was flattering and someone else said I was looking amazing lately! It was nice to hear My foot has almost healed so I'm hoping to start working out next week!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote