Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Default Get any compliments or comments lately about your weight?

I don't generally get a lot of comments or compliments when I'm losing weight. I've been fairly thin most of my life, so people just generally think of "slender" as being my normal state. I've had a few people remark how I'm "starting to lose the baby weight," and one guy friend told me I was looking hot again, but other than that I haven't gotten much reaction from anyone.

I think to really get some compliments I'm going to have to get super lean and really buff... like... 6-pack lean.

How about you? Gotten any compliments or comments lately?
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #2  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

This past month or so, I've lost almost 10 pounds, the interesting thing is that nobody noticed it at work! But in stead, every single day, I get lots of compliments of how nice this outfit is, or how that outfit makes me look so slim The funny thing is that I haven't purchased a single new item for my wardrobe (I'm hoping to lose even more weight, before spending money on clothes that won't fit for long) So, you know what, they may not noticed the weight loss, but sure as heck noticed that I look better I will take it anytime.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #3  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I did last weekend at a party - weird thing is that I haven't lost the bulk of my weight in the past few weeks, and people that saw me shortly after I did didnt notice back then. But then out of nowhere they all at once notice!

I like it, but I am also in a bit of a slacking state and the compliments make me think "ah, it would be nice to loose the rest, but I don't really have to" lol.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #4  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

I had a little fall off so maintained for the last 3-4months but saw someone i hadnt seen in a while and they said how great i looked and it made me remember all the compliments and got my spirits up to keep going !
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I got a compliment on Tuesday! A man I hadn't seen since May said "You got skinny over the summer!" and then we talked about my diet and such. Another person chimed in and said she almost didn't recognize me - weight loss combined with a different hairstyle and contacts.

I don't get too many compliments/comments now that I'm losing pretty slowly but certainly over the whole summer I made a lot of progress.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #6  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

I've gotten compliments from my friends about how great I look but my family must be blind-sided. They keep telling me I've gained weight. I'm not going to let them get me down any more.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 143/no idea/120-110

Height: 5'2'' (and a half)

I've got a few comments about looking trim, or my legs looking really muscely/toned.

Mainly I've just had comments on my skin looking really clear.
TheManekiNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #8  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I got one earlier this week!

I was surprised because we moved not too long ago so this friend of mine only knew me at about 10-15lbs heavier than I am now. It was nice to hear that some of this hard work is paying off.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

A week ago one of my co-workers wispered to me, "are you losing weight? you look really good." And I replied, "YES!, thank you!" That felt really really good!
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #10  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I kind of stalled for a few weeks and a week or so ago started working out much harder again and I was doing chores around the house and my husband was like "I think you have lost weight, yeah...definitely your pants are baggy in the butt." Apparently he had been debating this issue in his head for a few days and finally came to a conclusion haha!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

I've been getting quite a few comments. I haven't seen quite a few people on campus over the summer. I went to summer courses, but a lot of people take the summer off. So on campus they've been stopping me and telling me "You've lost weight!" and I saw a good friend the other day after a few months of not seeing her and she said my face looks so different. It's nice when people notice you are losing weight, because honestly in my own skin I can't really feel it, but I can tell in my clothes.
Aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

I have had two people (two fit lean people) that I have not seen in months actually squeal when they saw me this week! I would actually prefer they not gush as it does get uncomfortable but it is an ego booster for sure!
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Umm.. I noticed a male co-worker checking me out (side on) last week... my normal work pants are SUPER baggy in the butt now but I can't wear my long pants yet because of my sore knee (I need to wear heels with those).

He's usually the first to notice (and ask if I've lost weight) but I've gone up and down in weight so many times in the years I've known him I don't think he was brave enough to say anything in case he was wrong! He knows I've had some health issues over the years too.
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Well my father gave me a backhanded compliment a few days ago by saying 'Yeah, your behind was really big before.' Ha ha.

I'm pretty used to it and it was the truth so I just took it as a compliment.
coffe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #15  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

One of my husband's work friends was helping us move early last month (I had never met him before) and I walked out with our baby to say hi (in slouchy lounge clothes and crazy hair) and apparently he told my husband that I looked really great and he couldn't believe I just had a baby. I didn't JUST have a baby, it was 6 months ago... but I'll take it! Hahah.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote