Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I did just this past Thursday. I had to go to the orthodontist for a repair on my wire and I had not been there since my weight loss. The receptionists were the same ones that were there a few years ago and were complimenting me on how much I had changed and wanted to know how I lost the weight. Then the Orthodontist and his assistant were telling me how I looked great etc etc. I had a major ego boost that morning!
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 120/104/fit

Height: 5"3

The only one commenting is my boyfriend, as he see me naked like... well, all the time. He's saying how tiny I am, that I look dainty, and he even said one time that I was paper thin from the side. Ego booster haha ! He like skinny girls. He's quite skinny himself.
Magalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

The main comment is people just saying how great I look from children to adults. It feels like I have a little pressure now but I like that my hard work shows.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I was out walking this evening when it started raining. I started thinking I would cut my walk short when one of my neighbors pulled up in her car and said, "you've lost some weight, you look so good!" At that point I said, "thanks" and it was all the motivation I needed to keep walking in the rain! I grabbed the umbrella out of my car but kept walking for an hour!!

I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's walk - and the forecast is calling for rain!

I really needed this ego boost today as I overindulged a bit this weekend and was feeling down most of the day. I think I am back on track and am motivated to stay there until my weigh in on Sunday.
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

The last two comments I have gotten on my weight loss were number questions, as in "so how many pounds have you lost?" I prefer the generic "You look great comments." Talking numbers makes me uncomfortable.
I got a strange but good comment the other day on my running. I run around the park where my kids practice football. A woman I had never noticed before, stopped me at the football game and said "Hey, I timed you the other day running around the field." It kind of took me back a bit. But then she said that she saw me running, and that I never stop and that make it look easy like I am not struggling a bit or even sweating. Truth is, I feel like a hot mess out there, red faced, pouring sweat, and panting, so the compliment outweighed the weirdness of being timed without knowing it by a stranger. And now that I know, maybe I'll run faster LOL
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote