Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Ectomorph, Endomorph or Mesomorph??

Just wondering what other Feathers body types are: ectomorph, endomorph or mesomorph?

I'm a classic ectomorph. Hated it all my life until some I found out some actresses in my peer group were ectomorphs as well: Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson and Kelly Ripa. Now, I embrace it instead of fighting it.

Interestingly enough, my late mom was an ectomorph and so is my dad. My sister however, is a mesomorph. I hate her.

What about you?

Last edited by fitmom; 08-02-2011 at 03:52 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:27 AM   #2  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Well, I haven't the foggiest. If I look at where the fat goes for me it's my thighs mostly. But I'm small boned, and look tiny mostly. I gain and lose weight quickly depending on my lifestyle. This does not seem to be endomorph, but the other descriptions don't seem to fit me either.

Which information source do you use fitmom? Because maybe I am just looking at a really crappy website: http://www.fitnesshealthzone.com/exe...rph-body-type/

I consider myself a pear - but that's just shape. And I don't know how true it is. I can't imagine ever having skinny legs, but then I've not tried since i'm 16. Before that time I was skinny all over. Now I am skinny on the top half of my body.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #3  

philana: I used this source: http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bodytypeinformation.html. Sometimes you can be a mixture of two body types or just one which is called 'extreme'. In my case, I'm an extreme ectomorph.

Ectomorphs traditionally have a harder time gaining muscle. Endomorphs traditionally have a harder time losing fat. Mesomorphs have a naturally muscular build compared to the other two body types. Hope this helps.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-02-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 143/no idea/120-110

Height: 5'2'' (and a half)

I'm an endo mesomorph. I have ridiculously short limbs but gain muscle relatively easily.
TheManekiNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #5  
Gaining control

S/C/G: 148/131/120

Height: 5'2

I am definitely an endomorph. I am short, solid, and soft (fluffy and lots of curves). Most of my strength is in my legs. Its very easy for me to gain weight and hard to lose it. Slow and steady wins the race I suppose.
mamamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm def an endomorph. Anybody looking at the face and arms would never guess my weight. Actually most people who know me would be surprised to know my weight. Mostly because I can dress to hide the middle (abs, thighs) where I gain everything.

I love my arms and calves. Both lean out easily and show muscle definition
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #7  

I'm classic ecto. But I want to challenge the notion that ecto's have a hard time gaining muscle.

On one hand, ecto's tend to be long and lean, making the muscle gain appear less than a stocky individual.

On the other hand, muscle gain is eccentuated by low body fat, making the muscle appear more "cut" than a stocky person.

Perhaps the tendancy to unwantedly lose weight in ecto's makes the body feed off of the muscle more than others (muscle loss).

But I never felt like I had a harder time gaining muscle than others. In fact, I've felt it's the opposite.

I have 4 kids. One of them is clearly ecto. He's 11. I tell him, "Just wait. In 1-2 more years (whenever puberty is for him) you're gonna get in that weight room and you're gonna ROCK!" because I know his muscle growth will outshine his stockier siblings. At least in appearance.

But who knows. I could be totally wrong.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #8  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I did a test on a website it said this:

"Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo."

I guess that is pretty accurate, though it's weird perceiving myself as such because I was overweight for a while, and never did any sports before. Now that I am, I notice how easy I loose and gain weight. And how my muscles come on quite fast also.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:04 AM   #9  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Mesomorph>
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #10  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

I am a mesomorph
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

I'm a fat mesomorph ha.
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #12  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Mesomorph. Seems like I can build muscle just by sneezing! :P
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #13  

I have two kids and my older son (who's on the cusp of puberty) is a classic ectomorph, lol. He's got a killer set of six pack abs too. My younger son is a mesomorph all the way. Even at the ripe old age of six, I can tell he's more muscular than his brother. I could so see him playing football too. My husband is a mesomorph just a tad overweight at the moment, lol. No one ever guesses his weight b/c he's very muscular - broad shoulders and a nice V-taper to his waist. He definitely carries the extra weight nicely because he's a mesomorph IMO.

I'm noticing that there's not many ectomorphs on the board. I have to work so much harder to gain muscle. I'll admit if I dropped running from my regime, I bet I could bulk up to a certain extent but heart disease runs in my family so I'll never give up cardio for that reason.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-02-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Mesomorph-ish. Through my ups and downs I've always had a flat stomach and healthy curves, but I'll never be itty-bitty thin!
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #15  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Endo! Always had high body fat, so at low weights (say 118-121; unattainable now) I looked great, thin but still well-rounded.

Though the test above said I was between Meso and Endo.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote