Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #1  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Default Petty Confessions

I am going to let loose my confessions here as I am too modest in real life to ever admit these to anyone! And it was only in the last couple weeks has my mind finally caught up to my weight loss. OK, here they come! ---

1) I weigh less than my younger sister for the first time ever. It makes me a little happy that she is stuck at her current weight.

2) I am always catching the new cute guy in my office stare at me. And I like it. A lot! I will sometimes go out of my way to make sure he sees me.

3) I will check myself out in whatever gives off a reflection. I got caught checking out my backside with a handheld mirror in the women’s bathroom at work last week.

4) I recently purchased a CZ wedding ring and band set which I keep in my wallet. If I am in a “don’t try and chat me up” mood, I slide them on.

Please share what yours are! (‘cause you know you have one or two confessions!! )
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Ahhh I love this!

I also have a faux wedding ring whenever I get drug to single bars with girlfriends. And I've been checking my reflection in EVERYTHING.

Let me see...

1) I love the fact that my S.O. is digging my body so much now that I practically have to beg him to let me go to sleep after copious amounts of sex. EVERY day. Multiple times. And I dig the fact that I'm not afraid to let him see the way I look anymore since I've feeling CONFIDENT!

2) Women in my office are particularly snobby to me now. (They are all wenches anyway and I dig that I get under their skin. OMG I'm so spiteful!)

3) I am so close to matching my two-faced passive-aggressive friend's weight, and then I can't wait to casually mention when I slide under it.

Haha, omg, I sound like a total b!tch.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
1) I weigh less than my younger sister for the first time ever. It makes me a little happy that she is stuck at her current weight.
Being thinner than my younger sister, who was always very thin when we were kids and stayed that way until she got a 12-15 hr. a day desk job, was my big weight loss goal 10 years ago. One day, my best friend saw the both of us together and told me that I had definately reached my goal. I never did see it at the time though. Sibling rivalry!! LOL Petty? Yes, but it was my motivation. She didn't mind then because she wanted to share clothes LOL Since then, we have both been about the same weight. But now, she is 8 months pregnant and halfway jokingly asked me, "Why do you have to get skinny when I am pregnant?" LOL
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/150

Height: 5´5

I love this thread!
1)I love the fact that I am now slightly thinner than my best friend who has always been the hottest one in the group that all the boys flirt with

2) I love meeting guys who rejected me because they thought I was too fat, and seeing their jaw drop!

3) I like the feeling of superiority when I eat something super healthy and my friends/family are eating crap.

4) I am also constantly looking at myself in the mirror
icelandgirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #5  
Playing to Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelandgirl90 View Post
I love meeting guys who rejected me because they thought I was too fat, and seeing their jaw drop!
LOL --- yes, this has been on my mind lately too. I find myself going into areas of town that they may be wandering around in. I even conteplated texting an ex I haven't seen or talked to in about a year because I know for a fact he'll want to grab a drink after work somewhere. BUT, he's remarried (which is why I left him alone) to someone who he said was a better fit for him physically. Such a shame that he told me right before they got married that she gained 50 pounds and how displeased he was about it. LOL He's a jerk, I know, and I'm thankful to have dodged that bullet but I'd still love to see his face!
Old 05-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #6  

This can be a dangerous thread. In an anonymous forum, it can be a healthy way to admit our inner demons, though.

I didn't lose any weight but I Love love LOVE the fact that my former "good friend" who is now 3 years into a relationship with my ex husband has been and will always be less physically fit than me - AND THAT IT BOTHERS HER.

I put the last part in all caps because I want to emphasize that me being more fit isn't the point. The point is that it bothered her when we were friends (1 of the reasons we were never great friends) and now, because of what others have told me, it bothers her even more that, in her words, she'll "never match up to me, physically".

She is SO motivated by material things that I think this is the perfect punishment for her betrayal.

Besides that, though ladies, please don't be haters. I've lived a life of people judging me because I'm thin. It hurts just as much as it does for being judged when you're over weight.

Last edited by fitness4life; 05-26-2011 at 03:32 PM.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness4life View Post
Besides that, though ladies, please don't be haters. I've lived a life of people judging me because I'm thin. It hurts just as much as it does for being judged when you're over weight.
Was someone being a hater towards thin people?

I think the beauty of this thread is that most women here have been made to feel inferior in some way (usually because of weight, but truly it could be because of anything) -- I think it's supposed to be meant as self-empowering and not so much catty. (Whereas mentioning any of these things to someone in real life would seem inappropriate and vain.)

Course I'm not the OP, it's just how I interpreted it.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #8  
Playing to Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian5 View Post
Whereas mentioning any of these things to someone in real life would seem inappropriate and vain.
I would never say the things I wrote above to ANY of my friends -- thin or fat. It really just goes back to the vain things I am proud of. Dorian's interpretation is correct. Perhaps the "LOL" I put in my last post might have seemed as if I was laughing at my ex's wife because she gained 50 pounds but actually I was laughing over the irony of it because my ex dumped me because of my weight.

But yes, the purpose of this thread is to confess those little petty things that many here on 3FC would understand. But I do see where it could possibly get "hateful" and I am glad you made mention of that. That's the last thing I would ever want!!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #9  

Quote:
I would never say the things I wrote above to ANY of my friends -- thin or fat. It really just goes back to the vain things I am proud of. Dorian's interpretation is correct. Perhaps the "LOL" I put in my last post might have seemed as if I was laughing at my ex's wife because she gained 50 pounds but actually I was laughing over the irony of it because my ex dumped me because of my weight.

But yes, the purpose of this thread is to confess those little petty things that many here on 3FC would understand. But I do see where it could possibly get "hateful" and I am glad you made mention of that. That's the last thing I would ever want!!

Ah, see I took the LOL as THAT'S KARMA to your jerkface ex! Who would go around complaining to ANYONE of their S.O.'s weight anyway? Ugh!

I used to live in mortal fear of running into my cheating-jack*** ex since I gained 30+lbs since he last saw me... I think now I would rather enjoy him seeing me looking RIDICULOUS hot, with my new AMAZING beau, flipping him off.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #10  

It's all cool, guys. I just wanted to make mention of it for potentially getting out of hand.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #11  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

My fiance just joined the army, and i can't wait for the day when i get to go visit him at basic and all his buddies get to see that hes the guy with the hot wife.
Like Dorian5 mentioned, i love the look in my fiances eyes when i put on something sexy. It's nice to be desired. (saying that in real life would receive a "-_- its not all about sex you know" from a majority of ppl)

my mom has always been super obsessed with weight, i learned my horrible destructive yo-yo dieting and emotional eating from her. Because she has been obsessed with her own weight, she was also always obsessed with my weight, and my sisters' weight. I have a sister who is 4'11. Even though she is about my pant size, she still looks thinner than me because shes so short and she holds her weight in different places (i have a round head which makes me look fatter). My mom has always made remarks about how tiny my sister is (even though, like i mentioned, we are the same pant size. and my sister hardly eats. shes have a couple bits at breakfast, lunch and dinner. my mom turns a blind eye to this because of how obsessed she is with my sister being tiny). Im excited to be thinner than my sister, because it makes me feel empowered that it doesnt matter how tiny my sister LOOKS, im healthy, strong, AND im thinner.
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

I am feeling pretty smug about the fact that I am 3 mos pregnant, eating ice cream and pizza all day and cannot gain a pound. I am below 120 for the first time in years. It won't last, I know, but I am still enjoying it.

My doctor told me that someone as healthy, active, and thin as me will have no trouble going back to this weight after the baby is born. He hee!

Here is another confession: I went to a party last night, scanned the room, and decided I was the thinnest woman in the room.

Don't tell anyone ladies, but I am a closet snob! lol
kwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #13  
Playing to Lose

I just saw my sister for the first time since I got to be a lower weight than her. She was at work and it was just my mom and I around. I went into her closet and tried on all her pants. All did NOT fit! But in a good way!

I also bought a pair of size 8 pants that my sister seemed to like. I said, "Try them on. If you like them, you can have them". She did and a little while later I saw them on my bed. I asked if she liked them. She said, "No". And walked way. I knew they wouldn't fit.

Damn, I'm petty!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
I just saw my sister for the first time since I got to be a lower weight than her. She was at work and it was just my mom and I around. I went into her closet and tried on all her pants. All did NOT fit! But in a good way!

I also bought a pair of size 8 pants that my sister seemed to like. I said, "Try them on. If you like them, you can have them". She did and a little while later I saw them on my bed. I asked if she liked them. She said, "No". And walked way. I knew they wouldn't fit.

Damn, I'm petty!
I know I said that my sister was also one of my motivating factors in the past, but you take sisterly competition to a whole new level! I would have a teenage flashback and totally freak out if my sister went in my closet without permission.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:04 PM   #15  

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Damn, I'm petty!
Wow, I thought I was competitive with my sister! It secretly pleases me that I'm almost the same size as her now but I'd feel really mean letting her try on things I know won't fit her. I don't think she is skinnier than me just to spite me (like yours probably wasn't to spite you?!)

On a brighter note, I love the comments I get from people when they try and guess how much weight I've lost. I haven't even lost that much but estimates vary from 5-10kg. Woop.

I also like being able to run longer and faster than all of my friends. I compete with them in my head and am only happy with a race if I've beaten everyone I know. Petty, much?!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote