Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #31  

Height: 5'0"

I was always very small and the thinnest in the room. Now I notice when I'm NOT the thinnest, and it makes me feel crappy. However, I never notice when I AM the thinnest (which is still pretty often). Weird, eh?
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #32  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Okay, biotch moment here: I love threads like when they're fun and free of judgment, especially when it's passive-aggressive judgment that also manages to emphasize the speaker's own 'amazing' body that other people will always be 'inferior' to. I'm going to leave it at that.

indiblue has a good point, thought. So I'll limit my petty joy to as unsnarky-as-possible: I'm home now with HS friends and all of them are complaining about having gained weight during college... I just kept my mouth shut. I kind of (guiltily) love that I've been able to lose the weight I gained, so I can pretend to have been magically immune around them.

(With closer friends I'm obviously open and supportive about things like this... but it's still secretly a little bit great to pretend I don't have to diet, now and then.)
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 140/tick/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian5 View Post
Ahhh I love this!

I also have a faux wedding ring whenever I get drug to single bars with girlfriends. And I've been checking my reflection in EVERYTHING.

Let me see...

1) I love the fact that my S.O. is digging my body so much now that I practically have to beg him to let me go to sleep after copious amounts of sex. EVERY day. Multiple times. And I dig the fact that I'm not afraid to let him see the way I look anymore since I've feeling CONFIDENT!

2) Women in my office are particularly snobby to me now. (They are all wenches anyway and I dig that I get under their skin. OMG I'm so spiteful!)

3) I am so close to matching my two-faced passive-aggressive friend's weight, and then I can't wait to casually mention when I slide under it.

Haha, omg, I sound like a total b!tch.
This is so awesome. ha ha ha ha ha. Go you!
roadrunnerrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #34  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

I can see both sides of the issue.

The title of the original post is "petty confessions". The word petty already means everyone posting in this thread is revealing the darkest thoughts we have that we acknowledge as not being the nicest nor honorable nor most productive train of thought.

I took great pleasure in getting a friend request from an ex of mine on facebook. We didn't part in the best way when he dumped me and later, I found out through friends he was already dating someone new. The girl was thinner than me so it was a huge blow to my ego. I have nothing against the girl since she did nothing wrong.

So when I got the friend request, I felt smug about it. No I didn't accept. I was at a much lower weight (around 140s) which is smaller than I was when I was with him 6+ years ago. I'm even smaller now and with the love of my life for almost 5 years now. Whereas he seems to be still floating through different girls
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #35  
Bells For Her

S/C/G: 156/112/105

Height: 5'1 and a half!

Here's my petty confession.

To cut a very long story short, I had a friend who is no longer a friend who was very skinny. One day, we were talking about going travelling and the places we'd like to visit and I mentioned that I have always wanted to go to south-east Asia, specifically Vietnam. I joked about being small enough to be considered average height at which point she told me that people in Vietnam were small AND thin and that I was too fat to go (might've weighed slightly more than I weigh now at the time of this conversation so it kind of upset me).

We moved in together at the begining of this year she would come up to me whilst I was cooking and lean over my shoulder and make horrible comments about how disgusting what I was cooking was, especially if it was mushrooms or something vegetable based that she wasn't familiar with. I've always tried to eat a balanced diet where as she has food issues and basically only eats frozen pizza, sausages, mince, chicken, pasta, potato, sauce and butter.

Fast-forward a year and she's put on a fair amount of weight, not evenly, but in her stomach so she looks as though she's expecting even though she's not. I noticed it the other day and I felt very smug knowing that her diet has finally caught up with her and my 'disgusting' diet has helped me lose nearly 2 stone. Guess she should consider staying out of Vietnam too.*

*Sometimes my humour might read a bit funny so I was want to clarify that I don't really think either of us are too fat to visit Vietnam, I wanted to point out how stupid her comment really was.

Last edited by belmagick; 06-09-2011 at 01:03 PM.
belmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #36  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I am the original poster of this thread and I just got around to reading all the comments. I may not necessarily agree with what everyone said because of my own feelings about what petty confessions mean to me but I certainly understand where those people are coming from. It got me to thinking though……

I wonder how this post and responses to it would have been perceived if it were not in the featherweights forum and if I was still so far from goal? Because although I do have petty confessions now that I have lost weight doesn’t mean I didn’t have those petty confessions when I started my journey back in January. Know what I mean? Basically, because these petty thoughts of mine where there from the get-go, that tells me they were not derived out of malice. I certainly can’t imagine that anyone here who shared their confessions were out of malice either.

Last edited by ShanIAm; 06-09-2011 at 02:12 PM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #37  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
I am the original poster of this thread and I just got around to reading all the comments. I may not necessarily agree with what everyone said because of my own feelings about what petty confessions mean to me but I certainly understand where those people are coming from. It got me to thinking though……

I wonder how this post and responses to it would have been perceived if it were not in the featherweights forum and if I was still so far from goal? Because although I do have petty confessions now that I have lost weight doesn’t mean I didn’t have those petty confessions when I started my journey back in January. Know what I mean? Basically, because these petty thoughts of mine where there from the get-go, that tells me they were not derived out of malice. I certainly can’t imagine that anyone here who shared their confessions were out of malice either.

I am not a Featherweight (just check the ticker ), and yet I was actually enjoying reading the petty confessions. They were... just that. Little things we sometimes think about how others have treated us, and maybe the devil on our shoulder is smiling to himself about how we've done well... and... they haven't! *cough*

I didn't even think of it as a pure Featherweight emotion. Over in the Weight Loss Support area there was a thread about Evil Motivations which was round about the same thing. Some of the "less desirable", but none-the-less satisfying reasons to lose weight were listed off with much merriment.

It's just that in the Featherweight section I see them as "realized"... most people here are perhaps closer to their goal and have achieved some of those lingering petty goals. To see the person who always made fun of you have to eat their words. To be able to step into those jeans that your friend wears and button them...and gosh there's room! Etc. Etc.

Sure, I have my own petty goals, and reading through here I was able to mentally give each person a little "Good for you! Getting healthier -and- sort of stuffing it in your sister's face. "

Separately: As for people not being welcomed in certain areas... well... I haven't found that. Mind you, I'm not saying others' feelings aren't valid. I feel bad that it would have happened to anyone. As far as I've seen everyone is welcome in any place as long as they're respectful. It's more like... I don't generally post in the Featherweights as people here might be asking questions of a person who specifically only has a little bit of weight to lose, whereas my life is different, so my answer either may not fit or may not come from a place with as much knowledge about the situation.

The very few times I have posted in the Featherweights (such as now) I didn't ever feel like I was getting the stink-eye and being told to leave... unless I was... and maybe I'm just really bad at reading in between the lines! Still doubtful, as I've found most people to take the advice/opinions of most 3FCers thoughtfully despite the journey. A whole lot of good advice can come from unexpected sources, after all!

Now, um, back to vicariously achieving those petty goals!

Last edited by Lovely; 06-09-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Derp. Missing word.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #38  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Lovely - I think you're AWESOME for posting that. And I love reading all your posts on the board in general.

I have a petty confession from today...

My obese ex-roommate who complains about her weight all the time but refuses to do anything, has criticized my weight and lifestyle, and eventually literally tried to ruin my life to the point that I moved out and filed for a no contact order... unknowingly helped me buy a size 00 pair of jeans (my goal jeans! no worries. they're vanity-sized) today with the gift card she gave me for Christmas 6 months ago... and I'm not going to lie... I thought, "Hah! That was probably the only thing that small she'll ever buy. Thanks, b****!"

I just had to tell someone that...

*I'm horrible. And would like to remind everyone that this was a strictly personal thought, and I have no ill will toward anyone else who struggles with their weight. I have, too, and it's a hard road. I also understand that most people are not physically meant to be very small unless they are petite with a small frame. But chances are, most people haven't tried to ruin my life or put me through the **** that this person did.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 144/Ticker/130

Wow, this was a fun thread to read through! Thank you, Lovely, for understanding that these gals don't mean they think evil/mean thoughts about anyone/everyone struggling with their weight. It's about "HEY - I have something to feel good about myself, brag about, feel vindicated for, etc" And so what if they aren't "PC" thoughts? We have all struggled with weight and that's why we're here on 3FC. This is a good thread to boast those little naughty thoughts that would not be well-received in any other social situation. I guess I haven't gotten to the point where I have a petty confession, but I'm looking forward to when that day comes! Like when my skinny friend says I'm skinny again (I used to be) - that will feel great! Even though I'll never be as skinny as her, I loved it when she thought I was underweight. (Which I certainly was not) LOL
jacymacy is offline   Reply With Quote