Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:09 AM   #1  

Default Hello all.

Well as you can see I am new here... I just wanted to see if anyone can seriously motivate me. (Because I have honestly for some odd reason lost that motivation).

So I guess I'll start off with my story?

*If this isn't where it's supposed to be posted I apologize so much*

Anyway, I have lost a lot of weight over the past 3 years (I started off at 247 then by January of 2010 I was at 154). I have had two surgeries one was for gall bladder removal then the second was for an ovarian cyst. But ever since I guess you could say September of 2010 I slowly gained weight back...My ovarian cyst surgery was in November of 2010 and by then I was in the 163 range...and ever since then I feel like I'm gaining weight *my jeans I wore in January 2010 didn't even fit me after surgery (and they still don't as of now which is just making me feel like a failure at the moment)

Now I would excercise everyday for at least an hour (whether it's walking on the treadmill or dancing around my living room ha!) but now that energy is just fading away. I mean I still jot down everything I eat and I don't eat fast food (I haven't since 2007). But lately I look in the mirror and I just feel disappointed.

Now I don't want to write too much and make all of you read a lot so I'll stop there
mari12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

It doesn't matter how much you strayed, the best thing you can do is start as soon as possible. Pick a day to face reality and weigh yourself, get a calendar and get to it!!! The sooner the better, been there!
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I agree with Happy...pick a day and start from scratch. You know what you have to do, so just buckle down and do it. Sometimes after surgery your body goes through changes that are good ones but we have to deal with the changes. Only YOU can make another change, get up, put your favorite CD in and dance your heart away or walk to the beat of the music on the treadmill. Set yourself a small goal, like to get in those jeans again or just set a 10lb goal. You will see a difference in one week. Drink lots of water. You want to get started because you have stated so on here so that is the first step now take the second one. Weigh yourself in the morning and take that next step to losing your weight. We are all here for you and we all know you can do it!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:36 AM   #4  

Thanks so much! I am seriously getting started tomorrow even if I have to roll myself out of bed to just do it in the morning haha.

How do you all deal with cravings?!? Lately I've snacked more than usual and even when I drink a lot of water thinking it's thirst I still get hungry and I don't want to be eating too much
mari12 is offline   Reply With Quote