Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #91  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

skinnyelle39: I'm usually a 4 or 6 in pants (started with loose-ish size 16 jeans from Old Navy, currently comfortably in 4s). I'm sure I'd be bigger in juniors sizes, probably at least 7 or 9, but you know how it is--to fit my hips in, the waist ends up being too big, and then I'm pulling up my pants all day. I got my big hips/boobs at age 14, so I didn't really wear juniors clothes even when I was a teenager.

I'm sure I don't have any tips that anyone else here hasn't heard! I calorie count, do strength training with heavy (for me ) weights, do a couple of cardio days, and eat one gram of protein per pound of body weight per day. I haven't restricted my calories that much--been doing 1500-1600 most days, with one day a week 2000+, and losing a half pound to a pound per week.

However, I've been stalled for almost 3 weeks now, so it may be time to change things up. I'm going to keep at it for a little while--got about 2 more weeks of P90X, then a one-week exercise/maintenance break while my mom comes to visit. If I'm still stalled after that, I'll think about lowering or cycling calories. I'm a vegetarian and have been leaning really heavily on dairy for protein the past few weeks, so I may be retaining a little water (dairy does that to me). I'll take a short dairy break in mid-June and see if that makes a difference.

Dorian5: I know, right! I swear skinny jeans are some kind of weird conspiracy. I'm amazed whenever I see that rare woman who looks good in them.

Last edited by sumire; 05-27-2011 at 06:13 PM.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:37 AM   #92  

Height: 5'8

Dorian Don't worry, I was joking! I didn;t even remotely punish myself yesterday... Whoops. I was out and about with uni and ate 2,500 calories but I didn't want to be the person not drinking beer / not eating so I rolled with it.

I want to lose the last few pounds, but I am seriously lacking the motivation to make the sacrifices to my social life to do it. Hmmm dilemma. On the plus side, despite eating so much crap yesterday, I am down to 69.3kg today (more than a kg less that yesterday) so go figure. I normally eat quite healthily, just days where I'm with people who don't are the problem. Onwards and upwards.

Personals later Have a good day!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:58 AM   #93  

Height: 5'8

skinnyelle I'm pear shaped too, these hips are a curse. However, my mum says I'll be counting my lucky stars when I give birth! Pros and cons to everything I suppose!

sumire Finger's crossed your plateau will be over soon! Sounds like you've got it sorted though.

I weighed myself on Sunday and was 69kg, and my period is due in a few days so no more weigh ins until at least two days after it stops! No need to subject myself to that! I've been tracking my calories for 5 days now and am getting used to it. My bf is mercilessly taking the p***, sometimes I guess at the calories (for example the school buffet...) but apart from that it is all going OK. Hopefully I'll see 68. something next time I weigh in!

I'm off to make the black bean brownies from no meat athlete, have a nice day everyone
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #94  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hey Feathers!

I had an awesome time in Osaka, went overboard on everything imaginable (within the law of course) and came back a bit heavier. I got almost no sleep and wound up eating an obscene amount of crap on Sunday - started the day off with a "Mega Muffin" and ended it with a pizza - but now I'm back on track, just got back from a pleasantly exhilarating night run. The coming weeks are going to be **** in terms of violin practice and moving preparations, but I'm going to remember to be nice to my body too.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:30 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Hey Feathers!

I had an awesome time in Osaka, went overboard on everything imaginable (within the law of course) and came back a bit heavier. I got almost no sleep and wound up eating an obscene amount of crap on Sunday - started the day off with a "Mega Muffin" and ended it with a pizza - but now I'm back on track, just got back from a pleasantly exhilarating night run. The coming weeks are going to be **** in terms of violin practice and moving preparations, but I'm going to remember to be nice to my body too.
Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Sounds like mine in terms of food. But yes yay to getting back on track! New week and basically a new month
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote