Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #1  

Default how do '***'ets affect weight loss?

I'm just gonna say it. I got a booty. and am a 32DD. Neither of my "assets" seem to budge much as my weight fluctuates. they really are just both part of my natural body type. so how do I factor those assets into my weight? do boobs really weigh that much?

If I wasn't so...well endowed haha I think my goal weight would be lower. anyone else considered this in their goal weights? or have an idea of how much just having big boobs or a bigger booty weigh?

Last edited by Born This Way; 03-17-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Born This Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:12 AM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

From the other end of the spectrum, I bemoan the fact that I can't write off "curves" to any of my excess weight. You're lucky! Don't D cups weigh like 5 lbs each?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

Well, to give you a rough idea, when I had my breast reduction a few years ago I was wearing a 38DDD and the doctor said she took out 860g from one breast and 900g from the other. That's about almost 2 pounds each, and there was still plenty there! Enough to make each a "proper" 38D, now I'm a 34D-DD because of the smaller back size after my weight loss. (I never found a bra before the reduction that actually fit correctly, so who knows what my original size really was.)

If you look at a pound of butter, which is mostly solid fat and water, you can see what space that takes up; breasts are composed of fat, and breast glandular tissue which is a little higher density but not enough to quibble about.

(As an aside, if you actually want to see boobies made of butter Google "Princess Kay butter sculpture". The girl chosen as the Minnesota State Fair "Princess Kay" every year gets her likeness sculpted in butter. They start with a 100lb block if I remember correctly.)

Last edited by bronzeager; 03-17-2011 at 06:28 AM.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #4  
WonderWoman

S/C/G: 128/125/113

Height: 5'

I think the female chest weighs pretty heavy. Like bronzeager said, they're largely composed of fat. Unfortunately, fat from my breasts is the first to vanish when I start working out, there ain't that much there to begin with! BUT, you seem to be the lucky few who retain the breast fat until the very end.

Each body is different so....I lose weight on my face first, stomach next, breasts after that and have to be just under goal for it to affect my hips and thighs.... >_<
ju5tdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm a 36DDD. There are people who can weigh 135 at my height and look fine. I start to look sickly below 140. I think it's because a lot of weight is in my chest. At 140 I'm still a D or DD.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

32 G here. I don't know what happens to E or F, though. I'm only a size up from DDD. I don't feel like I'm that big, but the bra says otherwise. Any smaller and I get the third boob in the middle.

My rear end disappeared right off the mark, and I was thrilled. Now my hips are just starting to disappear so much I'm looking a bit boyish from the waist down. Good thing I have those G's to assure people I'm not.

I used to wonder how much they weighed when I was a 40 G. They were extremely heavy then. Now, even though they're big, they're a whole lot smaller than they were and I think they feel like they're filled with air. It could just be that they're so different from what I had become used to. I can't believe how heavy they were before compared to now. No wonder my back hurt to do dishes.

Last edited by Eliana; 03-17-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: >138/124/114

Height: 5'4"

I wonder the same thing Eliana-why aren't I a 32F(as opposed to the G I am in)? (Actually, I do wonder if I should be 32 band or smaller...) But ~7 lbs lost and not.one.inch. from the rack(of doom). I honestly have no idea what I will look like when I get closer to goal.

Last edited by Esenin; 03-20-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Esenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I also wondered about this.... but my cup size does change. At my thinnest (120) I was an A, at my heaviest (right now) I'm a D. I have so many bras! But no matter my weight, I still have hips (42"). I suppose I'm blessed to have curves, even though I sometimes curse them.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/135.5/120

Height: 5'2"

Absolutely. As a general rule, I think curvy girls get a little more wiggle room when it comes to weight. It's sad, but true - a curvy girl will hide 10-15 pounds better (it will look natural and sexy) than a gal with a boy build.

I think at my lightest adult weight (118 pounds) I was 36C-28-38 at 5'2". My ribs were poking out. Everyone insists the ideal weight for my height is 110, but not with my frame it isn't.
maydaymayday911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #10  

Definitely seems like I should factor that into my weight then. It's so weird, I'm really used to having curves. Even though my goal weight is dead center of my height's "healthy range," sometimes I get freaked out when I lose weight because I feel like I'm somehow losing part of myself, I feel like my curves are an integral part of my identity. (and sometimes I feel that on some levels some subconscious part of myself retaliates against weight loss, sabotaging my efforts by means of binges because it feels like I'm killing some part of myself by losing weight, some of my curves, by molding into the normalcy that is portrayed as perfection in America's media)

and it's also an interesting note that maybe us well endowed chicks might need to raise our goal weights a little more than we would w/o our assets. the thing is i get freaked when my hip bones stick out. my stomach gets so skinny so fast but leaves my booty with not so much as a molecule less of fat. it's ridiculous.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Born This Way I totally hear you. I'm curvy (34C, carry my weight in my boobs/butt/hips) and I don't want to lose that- it's totally a part of my identity! I would rather be 5 lbs heavier and curvy than to see a smaller number on the scale and be more stick-like. (Not saying there is anything wrong with being slender, it's just that being curvy is my natural figure, I would rather retain that). That's why my weight loss goal will probably never be less than 120-115, though many people my height aim for less than that.

Check out http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html. Interesting for giving different images of people at the same weight, making the point that we all carry it differently.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #12  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Agree with minifluffy. I think that women who are naturally well-endowed look better a little larger, and those like me whose weight lives on their stomachs should lose more for both health and vanity reasons. "Apple-shaped women" look better thinner, and also need to be slimmer in order to have healthy body fat percentages and healthy visceral fat storage rates. I store fat almost entirely on my upper body (waist, flanks, back) and thighs. Losing has given me more of a figure, not less, but it could work the opposite way for you.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue View Post
Born This Way I totally hear you. I'm curvy (34C, carry my weight in my boobs/butt/hips) and I don't want to lose that- it's totally a part of my identity! I would rather be 5 lbs heavier and curvy than to see a smaller number on the scale and be more stick-like. (Not saying there is anything wrong with being slender, it's just that being curvy is my natural figure, I would rather retain that). That's why my weight loss goal will probably never be less than 120-115, though many people my height aim for less than that.

Check out http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html. Interesting for giving different images of people at the same weight, making the point that we all carry it differently.
I def agree with this--because of my curves, I really can hide weight easily. despite my very short stature, I have a FIFTEEN lb range where I can be at either end of the spectrum and people seriously can not notice the difference. between 127 & 142 or so, I really don't look that different. In one relationship, I started out significantly lighter than by the end, and he honest to God could not notice one thing different about me (he is most def not the kind of guy who would feel the need to lie to make me feel better)

I think if I tell myself I can keep my curves I won't be as scared about losing weight. Change makes me nervous--even if I know it means I'm getting healthier. I just don't want to lose myself.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Sorry if I implied that, Minifluffy! Yes, lackadaisy is right, it depends on your body shape on where you look best and where curves appear, and a lighter body weight for one person doesn't look healthy/feminine, while on others it looks beautiful and curvy.

BornThisWay my boyfriend was not able to tell I gained 7 lbs or lost 8 lbs, even though that's a good chunk for a feather. I don't think others have noticed either way either. My clothes pretty much fit the same way they used to. I hear you on not wanting to lose ourselves, but fortunately our weight loss as feathers is so slow it's not like we'll wake up one morning and be like "oh crap I lost 10 more lbs and look awful!" I'm sure eventually we'll get to a point and realize we're happy and can put the breaks on any more losses.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/135.5/120

Height: 5'2"

Boyfriends are terrible judges. I gained 25 pounds dating him, and he apparently didn't notice anything until I lost 21 of those during my diet.

And you know what he said?

"Your boobs are smaller."
maydaymayday911 is offline   Reply With Quote