Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Default Opinions on Meals please!!

Hi all!

So I am back to calorie counting and eating healthy. I just started yesterday but I still feel pretty bloated. I wanted to get ya'lls opinions on what I am eating. I want to know if its a good meal plan for losing weight. I am also running 2.5 miles a day (4-5 times a week)..

Breakfat:

2 egg whites
1 whole egg
Ezekial whole grain toast
1 wedge of Laughing cow cheese
.5 ounces of whole almonds
1 medium bananna

Lunch

Ham and Cheese sandwhich (2 slices of ezekial toast, 2 LC wedges, and 2 slices of publix smoked ham)
2 cups of watermelon

Snack: 100 calorie popcorn, 1 cup of broccoli, 1 low fat cheese stick

Dinner: 5oz of grilled chicken, ezekial toast with lc wedge, .5 ounces of whole almonds

Calories: 1378 (I always round up when tracking so 1400)
Fat: 43
Carbs: 157
Protein: 100

What do you all think!?
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I'd say a little less bread and more vegies and fruit.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #3  
going somewhere....

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2

I was wondering about the sodium in the LC cheese??? That maybe with the popcorn, bread, and ham??

Also are you getting enough water? Just a thought...
ready4skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #4  

Bargoo I forgot the veggies at dinner that I have. So thats veggies with the snack and dinner and I have watermelon at Breakfast and lunch. Isnt that enough?

Ready4skinny My sodium for the day is about 2200 and I drink lots of water. probably about 80 ounces a day!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #5  
going somewhere....

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2

The sodium seems kind of high....but each person is different. The American Heart asso. recommends about 1,500 a day. Livestrong.com the same. The higher sodium may be contributing the the bloated feeling....
ready4skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #6  

Ok thanks. Do you think aside from the sodium, that diet plan is good for losing weight!? Do the cals seem too high?
Old 04-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #7  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

It's really hard to ascertain what another person's calorie intake should be; there are just so many variables that there's a wide range. Even whether you're fidgety or not affects your calorie burn, so there's a lot of leeway there!

With that said, it sounds like what you're doing--assuming you're adding vegetables that you haven't listed there, which you could definitely stand to do--looks good. I see a lot of protein, reasonably healthy carbs, and not a lot of pre-fab food.

The only change I'd make is adding more variety if you don't already; I find it really helps to stay on track to keep myself from being bored. Swap out the watermelon for cantaloupe or berries occasionally. Try smoked turkey instead of ham some days. Prepare your egg/egg whites as an omelet and vary the fillings (spinach and feta, ham and cheddar, peppers and onions--lots of possibilities there).

Overall, given your activity level and height, I doubt the calorie level is too high.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #8  

Awesome!! Thank you. I agree with everything you said. Great advice. I wish fruit wasn't so expensive I could live off that stuff!!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola Celeste View Post
It's really hard to ascertain what another person's calorie intake should be; there are just so many variables that there's a wide range. Even whether you're fidgety or not affects your calorie burn, so there's a lot of leeway there!

With that said, it sounds like what you're doing--assuming you're adding vegetables that you haven't listed there, which you could definitely stand to do--looks good. I see a lot of protein, reasonably healthy carbs, and not a lot of pre-fab food.

The only change I'd make is adding more variety if you don't already; I find it really helps to stay on track to keep myself from being bored. Swap out the watermelon for cantaloupe or berries occasionally. Try smoked turkey instead of ham some days. Prepare your egg/egg whites as an omelet and vary the fillings (spinach and feta, ham and cheddar, peppers and onions--lots of possibilities there).

Overall, given your activity level and height, I doubt the calorie level is too high.

i totally agree. i think variety is key so that you can get all types of nutrients, and not just focusing on calories. good luck!
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote