Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #61  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

fivestone, it's so sweet of you to share your husband's diet!! I would struggle with additional limitations so much, I really admire your ability to make it work.

I almost never exceed 300 calories in a meal and snack every 2.5 hours or so without fail. This hasn't been true of me in the past when I wasn't dieting, but it's what works for me now... too many carbs ingested between meals, and dining hall meals of mostly protein + veggies. When I start to cook on my own, I hope I'll be able to reverse it to munchies of veggies and meals with good, whole carbohydrates as well.
Peru
I have about 5 more weeks of college including finals, and then I'll have a month off in June, and then I start work on July 13th! It's a little terrifying (I will be traveling and eating out daily, very often on the company's dime at swank restaurants) but also very exciting. I'm 80% sure I'll be traveling in June -- I think I've settled on either northern India or Peru -- and I plan to be hiking. I hope to be a small-but-mighty athlete at 110 lbs by the time I return home
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

Hi Daisy! Good to see you here! If you can believe it, I am down to 112 - 113 for the past week. A lot of it has been due to stress, however, so it hasn't been due to any real work on my part. Congratulations on your breakthrough!! You deserve it!
Lisa1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

I was splurgey this weekend but wound up only going up by 1 lb., up to 117. Unfortunately, this also might signal that I might not make my April 15th goal of 115, but hey, I'm close!
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #64  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: Thick/Slim thick

Height: 5'2" (62")

It looks like you made your goal Kat, great job!

Just checking in ladies, I'm slowing losing weight. I'm down to 118.4 and hope to lose another 8.4lbs by the time I'm done.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekicna View Post
It looks like you made your goal Kat, great job!
Made it a couple of days late, but yeah. I still want to get down to ~113 but that's a cushion, really. 115 will be my "red line" weight, and I'm just about ready to go into more of a maintenance mode. My exercise regimes are going to shift a little, too, toward less cardio and more strength/flexibility training to tone up rather than shred fat off.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #66  
Becoming a BEAST!

Sounds like a great plan, I get wait to get to maintenance mode.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #67  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Just checking in here -- I'm a little frustrated with the fact that it feels like I haven't really lost in almost 3 weeks -- I've been down to 118 and then right back up to 120. Fluctuations are tough on the psyche -- they make me doubt I'm making any progress at all, and I hate that.

Right now my hope is that Eat-Stop-Eat style intermittent fasting -- straight-up starving myself for short bursts to hopefully trigger those evolutionary adaptations for fat-burning -- will make a difference. It feels more sustainable than struggling to stay at 1300 every day, as well, since a few slip-ups to 1500 will be fine with the deficit I create on fast days.

I'm hoping that the calorie cycling I'm doing unintentionally will also be better for my metabolism and for preserving muscle. I REALLY don't want to lose any more muscle mass dieting -- my butt already looks sadly deflated (it's where the fat goes first). I have so much toning to do!
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #68  
Becoming a BEAST!

I hope you see a loss soon, good luck!

I'm down to 117, for the most part. It seems like the scale fluctuates if I weigh myself a few times in a row.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:10 AM   #69  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

Hi everyone.

I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I've been struggling recently, mostly due to overwork and stress. The lab I work at is rapidly moving into its super busy summer course season and my workload has increased dramatically. According to my pedometer I am now walking an average of 15 miles a day, mostly while pushing, lifting or carrying something heavy. Kind of makes it hard to stick to my calorie limit of a thousand calories.

That would be stressful enough but in addition my union is deadlocked in contract negotiations with management. Management wants to have the right to lay people off with no bumping rights and the union says no way. Our contract expires May 1 and management has refused to extend it. In response to that the union is talking about a possible strike. So I may soon be walking a picket line or without a job altogether and this is the time of year when I can least afford to be in that kind of situation.

Consequently I've been eating more than I should be. I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost either. When I think I feel hungry I try to tell myself it's just stress but honestly lately it's been hard to tell the difference.

Last edited by Magrat; 04-26-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Magrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #70  

Magrat, good luck with the job stress. I'm so sorry all that's happening. It sounds like you need some relaxation time in your life, which may help with feeling like you can't count calories. Even if it's just going to bed 30 minutes earlier than normal and reading or something, you need a little restorative break in your day!
Old 04-27-2011, 05:21 AM   #71  
nearly there

Thanks for the support. I'm still counting calories but the amount has gone up to around 1300 which is too much for me to lose on. With all the moving around I do and the little I eat I would think that I would weigh around 90 pounds by now.

I do read and relax before bed which is nice. But that does me no good in the middle of the work day when I've hauled twenty bags of trash to the dumpster, cleaned eight bathrooms, swept and mopped four stairwells and eight enormous hallways, dusted, swept and mopped 75 labs and still have another 77 labs to clean before I can go home.

Last edited by Magrat; 04-27-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #72  
Becoming a BEAST!

Great job Mini!!

I'm down to 117 even, I have 7 lbs to go to make it to my goal!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #73  
nearly there

Congrats to all that are still losing weight and getting closer to goal.

Now, with that put of the way I have to admit that lately I've been feeling envious of everyone else's success. My weight has been stuck again for three weeks and I'm feeling really down and discouraged. I can't eat any less than I've been eating and still function and work has gotten so crazy busy and stressful that I'm too wiped out when I get home to do more than walk my dog, have dinner and crash. I'm still doing my kettlebell swings in the morning and of course I walk all day at work, but it's not helping.

I think the reason you are all doing so much better than me is that you are all younger. I mentally kick myself every day for not starting sooner. Then again I started over five years ago. I have no idea why this weight loss thing is taking so darn long.

Last edited by Magrat; 05-02-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #74  
Becoming a BEAST!

I'm sure you're doing great, and I'm sure you will see a loss soon.

I'm sick so I'm down to 115.6 now. 5.6 lbs to go and I hope I can lose them quickly.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #75  
Becoming a BEAST!

Is anyone still around? I'm down to 111.2 and I may change my goal from 110 to 108 or possibly 105.