Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 192(1st preg)/114/110

Height: 5'4''

Despite my rough week and increased snacking I'm down .2 today (official weigh in), which I'm happy about since it's not a gain! I think I lose in fairly small increments, and then when my TOM starts I get a bigger whoosh. I'll take it! I'm mid cycle so this makes sense.

For the last several weeks I haven't been logging my food as I felt it was making me a little obsessed and maybe encouraged more snacking. But yesterday I felt a little out of control and thought logging would be a good idea. I definitely don't want to log my food long term, but maybe to get to 'goal' it will be necessary. Any thoughts for those with the last few pounds to lose?

I'm meeting a friend for lunch today at a burger place (her choice). I'm hoping I can talk her into splitting a burger, but I might just have to be strong and only eat half of mine! Which is more than enough food as you know.
ainsleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsleymom View Post
I'm meeting a friend for lunch today at a burger place (her choice). I'm hoping I can talk her into splitting a burger, but I might just have to be strong and only eat half of mine! Which is more than enough food as you know.
I do this a lot, halve restaurant food. A few weeks ago, DH and I went to Panera for some coffee. I went ahead and ordered a cinnamon scone, too, but then looked up its calorie content and was thoroughly dismayed to find that it was over 500 calories. I dutifully ate only 1/4 of it, saved the rest, and had the other 3/4 for breakfast for the next three mornings. Thrifty AND calorie savings, while still getting to have a treat!
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

ainsleymom I feel the same way. I am a bit below my original goal of 115 right now and want to lose 4 or 5 more pounds. As I get closer, I want to figure out how best to maintain and I am finding the daily logging to be tiresome. I feel lazy saying that but it's sort of true. So tired of counting every. single. almond.
kat way to go!! i think i busted through a plateau, too, cause I've lost a lot the past couple of weeks (a lot being relative to ME). let me know what they say on the maintenance boards and I'll look into it for us, too.
Lisa1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #49  

I'm hanging in at 117 now. I still feel a little bit weirdly chunky in my hips/thighs area, but I know darn well this is self-sabotage talking, a negative voice in my head trying to say things like, "Well, you still look terrible, so why don't you just give up and go get some ice cream?" Fortunately, DH is patient with me and when I tell him I'm feeling perceptions like this, he encourages me that that is NOT what I look like, that I look great and am getting healthy, which in turn is encouraging him to get healthy. I just have to stop looking in mirrors and seeing funhouse distortion staring back at me.

It's funny, I tend to only get this strange dysmorphic feeling when I'm smaller. Somehow when I'm larger, I misperceive the other way, which causes me to wait forever to actually do something about a weight gain. Why can't I believe something quantifiable, like the scale, and not my neurotic little brain?
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
It's funny, I tend to only get this strange dysmorphic feeling when I'm smaller. Somehow when I'm larger, I misperceive the other way, which causes me to wait forever to actually do something about a weight gain. Why can't I believe something quantifiable, like the scale, and not my neurotic little brain?
Jumping the gun a bit by posting in the 110 forum (I know everyone is welcome but I need something to keep me motivated ) but geez I can totally relate to this. At my highest weight of 134 I totally overlooked the physical signs of my needing to lose weight. Not only does it delay a process I need to undergo by dropping lbs, but it also doesn't help me realize how far I've come even when I do lose the weight, because I always thought I looked fine even when I didn't. I am generally pretty happy with the way I look when I'm heavier, which is bad, and not satisfied when I'm lighter, which is also bad! So I can totally relate. It's hard to find a good middle ground where I'm at a healthy weight and confident with my size.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #51  

Thank you for reassuring me that I'm not alone, indiblue. I guess we just need to be more mindful of this phenomenon. I'm just not sure how to curb it, unfortunately, other than to believe other people and the scale rather than our eyesight.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 126.5/113/110

Height: 4'11

I seriously think I need to have someone take pictures of me or something because I feel exactly the same way. I work from home so I tend to wear sweats a lot. Maybe they gave me so much wiggle room that I thought I looked okay when I was heavier. I keep tightening the strings around the waist but when I look in the mirror I still see me at nearly 127 pounds, not 12 pounds lighter. And to add insult to injury, my cellulite seems to be much more noticeable now. I am constantly looking at other women and asking my husband if that is what I look like. Drives him nuts. I truly have no perception of myself. I have seen beautiful women who are clearly heavier than me and I think they look great and I can totally appreciate how attractive they are, but I can't see it in myself. It's very frustrating.
Lisa1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #53  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

I'll be back later, but I wanted to push myself to post while I still could manage. Haven't been sure what to say, but, since 3FC has been really helpful these last few months, I don't want to just fall away from here and lost accountability. So I hope everyone's doing OK! I'm holding steady still...had sort of been maintaining just because, but I think I'm ready to try and lose some more... I would just feel more comfortable with that buffer, so I can decide what's best for me in terms of exercise with the season changing and such.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #54  

fivestone, congrats and continued good luck maintaining and good luck, too, if you decide to lose a little more for a buffer!

For everybody who's feeling like they don't see the weight loss yet (me included ) I do think we have to go by quantifiable things more often, maybe bolster each other by taking objective stock and reporting that these changes are indeed real.

For example, the Wii Fit (which I only play with about once a week; I don't use it as exercise so much as just playing games) has been telling me for months now that I'm already smaller than my "recommended BMI." The balance board acts as a scale. If that scale and my bathroom scale say the same thing, and they say a weight on the small size, then me seeing a 160-pound person in the mirror is NOT ACCURATE.

If I'm fitting into tiny, old pants of mine from pre-weight gain days (sized 3 to 6) that ten months ago I couldn't even fit one leg into, then the idea that I'm still a size 12 is NOT ACCURATE.

If people are now offhandedly saying things about me being "skinny," then my perception of myself as being chunky in any particular body part is NOT ACCURATE.

If the YMCA body fat estimator tells me my measurements qualify as "athletic," then the idea that I'm still "too fat" for anything is NOT ACCURATE.

We are our own worst critics, ladies. s to you all if you're feeling like this.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #55  

I've been seeing some lowish numbers on the scale this week. This morning I saw 116.2. My official weigh isn't until Wednesday so I won't log it, but I found that exciting. I haven't felt that I've been particularly strict with my diet either. This week though will be trouble. I have a few lunches out planned, and DH's bday is Thursday so I have to make some yummy things (he has requested deviled eggs, macaroni and cheese, steak, and rhubarb pie! - yikes) plus dinner out. I can eat whatever I want, just not as much as I want is my mantra! But the food has to be *worth it*.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #56  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: Thick/Slim thick

Height: 5'2" (62")

Hi everyone! I'm at 119.6 and my goal is 110. I'm hoping to make it there within the next 2 months.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:54 AM   #57  
Here for the party

Welcome Ekicna! Hi everyone else!
What kinds of eating plans are you guys using? What about exercise?

I just got back from a nice run... I needed to de-stress.

Sorry I've been so MIA, it's been one thing after another here, and I've been really stressed. My uncle died, and then a few days later I had to rush my husband to the hospital because he was in so much pain. He ended up having emergency surgery and he'll have to be in the hospital for another couple of weeks. He's also on a special diet now, so we've been meeting with a dietitian and I'm basically going to have to change the way I cook. The focus of it should be mostly vegetarian, and it's been years since I was vegetarian/vegan so I'm going to have to find some good ideas. And if I do meat, I will mostly focus on fish and chicken, I guess, 2x a week at most, if that.

Weight loss is happening without me really trying, I know I haven't been eating enough... I haven't had to cook a normal dinner or whatever so I just haven't really bothered. I'm not sure I need to lose anymore, but right now that's kind of secondary concern... just want to get hubby well and back in working order.

Hope you guys are doing well. How was your week so far?

Last edited by fivestone; 04-07-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:27 AM   #58  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi girls -- I'm finally joining you in this thread! 119.0 this morning. I'm kind of in shock that the weight is melting off so quickly. It seems like all the workouts and the steady calorie level of 1300 are finally making a big dent... I've lost over 3 lbs in the last week. CRAZY.

Since I hope to never be over 120 again in my life, I'm looking forward to settling into this 'decade' in as much of a nice, easy, way as I can -- definitely okay with slowing down my pace a bit. Might even skip a "real" workout today in favor of some pilates and recumbent biking.

Last edited by lackadaisy; 04-07-2011 at 07:30 AM.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #59  

I'm sorry for your loss and your husband's medical issues Fivestone. Try to take care of yourself, but I know it's tough.

I've been staying around 117-119. DH's birthday pie is gone so I'm going to try to stay away from sugar for the next few days. When I have it I just want more and more and more. I need a detox! I went to pilates yesterday and it felt really good. I'm going to be working for the next several weeks (temporary contract) and I'm not looking forward to being so inactive. As long as I maintain during that time I'll be happy. I will definitely need to plan for healthy meals, otherwise it will be too tempting to have takeout and other junk.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #60  
Here for the party

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackadaisy View Post
Hi girls -- I'm finally joining you in this thread! 119.0 this morning. I'm kind of in shock that the weight is melting off so quickly. It seems like all the workouts and the steady calorie level of 1300 are finally making a big dent... I've lost over 3 lbs in the last week. CRAZY.

Since I hope to never be over 120 again in my life, I'm looking forward to settling into this 'decade' in as much of a nice, easy, way as I can -- definitely okay with slowing down my pace a bit. Might even skip a "real" workout today in favor of some pilates and recumbent biking.
Congrats!!! Welcome!

How are you finding the calorie level of 1300? Do you spread it out with mini-meals or do 3 meals a day?

I know what you mean... I want 120 to be my absolutely upper limit redline weight (in fact, maybe even 119.9, ha!) Hope that you can ease your way to your goal.

I saw in other threads you mentioning about your career and it being the last year in school for you. Is graduation coming up next month, or have you already graduated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsleymom View Post
I'm sorry for your loss and your husband's medical issues Fivestone. Try to take care of yourself, but I know it's tough.

I've been staying around 117-119. DH's birthday pie is gone so I'm going to try to stay away from sugar for the next few days. When I have it I just want more and more and more. I need a detox! I went to pilates yesterday and it felt really good. I'm going to be working for the next several weeks (temporary contract) and I'm not looking forward to being so inactive. As long as I maintain during that time I'll be happy. I will definitely need to plan for healthy meals, otherwise it will be too tempting to have takeout and other junk.
Thanks, ainsleymom. The thing with my uncle is tough because he's in America, and I'm not going to be able to be there. But his wife and son (who happened to get married a few days before his dad died) seem to be holding up OK.

And, you're so right about taking care of myself. In fact, what I should do is what you mentioned in the end of your post -- planning for healthy meals. Sitting out, taking a pen and paper and planning out what I need to eat. I'll try for it this weekend.

How long does it take you to feel the effects of a detox? Hope it goes well. I'm sure you'll do fine with at least maintaining during your working time... like you said, planning is a good key.

I woke up after sleeping for 13 hours and lying down resting for another hour. I was feeling stressed and annoyed, though. Everything is still taking its toll on me. So I went for a nice long run, and it's sunny and pretty outside today, and I felt better. Haven't really had enough to eat today, and I haven't felt motivated to cook dinner, nor do I have the appetite for it. But I think I'm going to try and make stir fry veggies later. I took out some beef pieces to defrost to put in with the stir fry, so I'm going to try and push myself to do that.

Last week I went climbing on some friends' climbing wall in their basement, and then today I tried climbing on some pull up bars on one of the little exercise equipment things along the running trails... um, yeah. Either my upper-body strength is going, or I need to lose more weight so it's easier to pull myself up. Or, maybe I just need to lift weights and build up muscle.

My husband has agreed to join a gym once he's out of the hospital and physically cleared to exercise, so I can lift weights there! I'm excited. I like running on my trails and all that other good stuff, but I'm happy that he's wanting to join a gym, and that he's committed to exercising WITH me. That, and the dietitian referalls are some of the best thing to come out of his illness. Our dietitian (he has to be on a special diet from now on) wants to include us in a research paper she's writing, so that means we'll have to see her more frequently, but for free. I love it!

My husband's new diet is a bit stricter than what I've been doing for myself. I want to do it with him, so I will stick to it as much as I can, and maybe during the day when he's at work if I want to have some extras and stuff, I can, so I'm not eating it right in front of his face, you know?

Last edited by fivestone; 04-07-2011 at 12:50 PM.