Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #106  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

My day started out really well -- staying on plan & low-carb -- and then I went to the physical therapist and learned that I can't run for the next week. And that I have to keep an air cast on at all times. And I may have to stay in a brace for weeks after that. Basically, my ankle is in much, much worse condition than I was acknowledging, and with my apparently high pain tolerance, I was abusing it terribly, and now I have to pay.

Went back to the dining hall and stuffed my face at dinner. I counted the calories and it wasn't as bad as it could have been -- ~500 calories -- grilled chicken, bbq beef, tofu, veggies, a bowl of cereal. Too much food, but I couldn't stop. Now I'm dealing with an extremely uncomfortably full stomach and a sense that I've somehow failed with my "binge." It's lucky my stomach has gotten smaller due to weight loss or this could have been really bad. As it is, I stayed "low-carb-ish" and have just about hit my calories for the day, so no snacking tonight.

Feeling huge amounts of stress with my thesis... hopefully I can concentrate on that and not how unhappy I am about losing control or still being injured.

Last edited by lackadaisy; 02-22-2011 at 08:01 PM.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #107  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Yesterday I ate ~1750-1800. Really no idea how many calories were in dinner, but I didn't feel stuffed or full at any point and my weight is down a tiny bit from yesterday this morning, so I guess I did something right. I want to increase my workouts but social life gets in the way something terrible. For some reason going out for a run/jog feels like far more of an effort than doing a cardio DVD at home.

lackadaisy, sorry to hear your ankle is in worse condition than you thought and you're stressed out. Considering the odds against you, despite your guilty feelings I think staying low-carb AND within calories while "stuffing your face" is truly admirable and hardly "losing control." Your stomach must be tiny by now!

kat999 Good luck and don't pass out! What is this big cardio workout you speak of?

Dianne I can't believe you run 5 days a week. I feel so lazy! 54 is an amazing pulse rate. I laughed at myself while I was falling too. Nothing else to do but laugh.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

kat good luck with the cardio!! What did you end up doing?

lackadaisy sorry to hear about the ankle . Your dinner sounds well-rounded and appropriately sized- a lot of protein and not so many calories for a full dinner. Yes, could be that your stomach is accustomed to a smaller size. Good luck with your thesis! What is it on?

I am still stuck at my same 130.8 weight for about the fourth day in a row. Yesterday I did not eat well, but at least was under calorie-wise. Le sigh, guys.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

I've only been off line for like two days and I feel like I have missed so much!

Krampus
: I hope your cuts heal soon, I too have a habit of tripping over my own feet!

Changed: welcome back!

Indiblue: sounds like your trip went well! Welcome back!

As for me, On Monday I got up to go for a run and nearly collapsed back into bed from the pain in my right knee. Looks like the kick a kid gave me at work during a tantrum did some damage. It's feeling a bit better today, maybe it will be good enough to run on tomorrow?

Yesterday I was under on food, but today I had an incident with a doughnut I would rather not discuss that put me over for the day.
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the well wishes! My scary workout was a DVD from Cathe Friedrich called "Cardio Core Circuit." It's about an hour of intense HIIT (which I tend to dislike generally, but this video was recommended to me as a big calorie burner). I am proud to say I got through it! I was exhausted this morning, though, and let myself sleep an extra half an hour as a reward.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #111  

Height: 5'3

Krampus- Your dedication amazes me. <3

I'm still here reading... day 2 back on fast 5 and it was so much easier than the first time I started it. I felt great all day after and just stopped my fast with an apple and some nutella.
Changed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
stopped my fast with an apple and some nutella.
What a beautiful way to stop a fast. Or do anything, really. I am convinced Nutella is some magical heavenly thing that solves all problems. Feeling grumpy? Nutella will make you feel happy and comforted in two seconds flat! A teaspoon of Nutella a day will cure all ills!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
What a beautiful way to stop a fast. Or do anything, really. I am convinced Nutella is some magical heavenly thing that solves all problems. Feeling grumpy? Nutella will make you feel happy and comforted in two seconds flat! A teaspoon of Nutella a day will cure all ills!

Buckwheat crepes with nutella and banana is my kryptonite
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #114  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Changed -- wow, I don't think I could do a fast. I may have to set myself up to fast some time, just to see what it does to my ability to work -- and maybe it will help me move beyond thoughts of food. How do you keep yourself from going crazy with hunger?
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #115  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Also, does fasting affect your ahem bathroom habits? I suppose that might only be applicable if you're doing the Master Cleanse with lemonade or whatnot, but I've read many accounts of people who did that who reported having to wear Depends because of the unpredictable nature of it all...

I'm about the same as yesterday today. I'm so impatient. So impatient! Hoping going for a run tonight will kick it into gear. I want to do a longer run but I will probably peter out around 3-4 miles.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #116  

Oh Nutella. It's my weakness. I think most of my recent posts have had something to do with Nutella.

I don't know much about fasts at all. Are they a healthy part of a weight loss plan? I am in a plateau right now and need something to kick start my loss again.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #117  

Nutella is totally fine in extreme moderation. But when you're tempted to lather on too much onto some toast or whatever, just say to yourself, "This is essentially frosting." That always gets me to lighten up on how much I'm having. When you're trying to lose weight, imagining yourself eating a tablespoon of cake frosting sounds kind of dangerous, doesn't it?

If I'm caving in and having some, I'll just sort of barely dip the knife in the jar and just spread a super thin "whisper" of it on my toast. Still gives me the taste, but it amounts to less than half a teaspoon.

Last edited by kat999; 02-24-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #118  

Quote:
YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina125 View Post
Buckwheat crepes with nutella and banana is my kryptonite
ohhhh yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackadaisy View Post
Changed -- wow, I don't think I could do a fast. I may have to set myself up to fast some time, just to see what it does to my ability to work -- and maybe it will help me move beyond thoughts of food. How do you keep yourself from going crazy with hunger?
I <3 it. Not hungry after the first few days, honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Also, does fasting affect your ahem bathroom habits? I suppose that might only be applicable if you're doing the Master Cleanse with lemonade or whatnot, but I've read many accounts of people who did that who reported having to wear Depends because of the unpredictable nature of it all...
Only in that I go once a day in the evening after I eat rather than after breakfast. Otherwise, not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue View Post
Oh Nutella. It's my weakness. I think most of my recent posts have had something to do with Nutella.

I don't know much about fasts at all. Are they a healthy part of a weight loss plan? I am in a plateau right now and need something to kick start my loss again.
I do Fast-5 and I can't tell you how much I love it. I've done every diet and it's the only thing I can stick with. I don't feel like I'm dieting and it helps put emotional distance between myself and food. I've never felt like my sugar is low, not shaky, not weak. I work out fasting and feel stronger than ever.

www.fast-5.com
Old 02-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #119  

SO SORE this morning. I worked out hard yesterday and felt so amazing! 30 minutes of speed walking finished off by 5 of slooooow walking lunges on the treadmill, 10 of jump rope and some sit ups/push ups. Going to do some WiiFit in addition to all that today. Just in case it helps anyone else, if you sign up at audible.com/tvoffer you get 2 free audio books and they you can cancel right after they download. I actually might sign up for real when I'm done with these 2 because man, it makes the time fly by on the treadmill!

I don't know if I mentioned it before but I signed up for something called the Shape Diva Dash. It's a race/obstacle course in Austin April 9. Women only. I'm "training" for it to help me stay motivated.

What's better than the first week back on the wagon when the weight just melts off? down 3 pounds already and feeling so much less bloated and gross already.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #120  

Quote:
Nutella is totally fine in extreme moderation. But when you're tempted to lather on too much onto some toast or whatever, just say to yourself, "This is essentially frosting." That always gets me to lighten up on how much I'm having. When you're trying to lose weight, imagining yourself eating a tablespoon of cake frosting sounds kind of dangerous, doesn't it?

If I'm caving in and having some, I'll just sort of barely dip the knife in the jar and just spread a super thin "whisper" of it on my toast. Still gives me the taste, but it amounts to less than half a teaspoon.
Haha oh but I HAVE eaten a tablespoon of cake frosting before! And more! No joke. My college roommate and I used to buy jars of frosting to keep in our room as a snack. My irrationality cannot understand your completely logical reasoning

I used to do the knife dips too.. except unlike you I wouldn't be able to stop and end up doing 5-6 knife dips a day! Seriously, no self-control when it comes to Nutella. So I've actually started measuring my Nutella intake by stopping the random dips and licks and taking allowing only 2 tsp per day, if I have any at all. This is only 66 calories and 4 grams of fat, which for me is well worth the deliciousness.

Also, I am re-reading this post and I sound ridiculous. I really am battling a war with cake frosting and chocolate hazelnut spread. Oops.

Last edited by indiblue; 02-24-2011 at 09:17 AM.