Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #1  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

Default Just a little rant...do ya feel me?

So i've came a good way. I haven't weighed 139 (weighed that this morning) since like 2006. I'm stoked about the weight... but i took a picture of my shirt off and took a behind picture like of my body and i feel so disgusting. like i just feel fat and gross. PERIOD. i feel like my sides are so huge. idk what the heck is wrong with me..... my husband gives me no encouragement, hes just like "i didnt realize how big you was getting" so it makes me want to be small that much more.. he said " you butt was pretty wide" yeah well thanks. i've lost 3 inches off my hips(butt) and i feel good about where ive came..... i just wish 10 more lbs would FALL OFF like NOW.

I'm so down bout the photo i took. i guess i didnt wanna look that way. i wanna be smallll. my waist is 28" and love handle area (hip bones) are 33" which used to be 37" im just sick from it. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So for now here are my measurements:

35;28;37- i just feel HUGE. HUGE. IM DISGUSTED!

I guess i just wish it would be 34;26;35.5

sorry for the rants girls and guys, thanks for listening/reading.

xx

Last edited by Ashley89; 01-07-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: ETA COMMENT
Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I know woman who would give anything to have your measurements ! You are being too hard on yourself.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #3  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I know how you feel. Some days
I feel completely upset at how
I look and then other days I
want to dance from being so
happy at what I see.

Take a couple deep breathes,
relax, and remind yourself how
far you've come. Also, I found
that drinking tea for me caused
me to feel VERY bloated. Maybe
there's a certain type of food
you're eating that could cause this?

Good luck and feel better.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/130/125

Height: 5'4" 42 years old

Ashley, I know exactly how you feel. I am 5’5 and have the same goal weight as you do. If you are small frame as I am 139 lb does makes me look chubby compare to other people. My sister for example the same high as me but 139 lb would make her look anorexic, but I have belly fat and big chicks with the same weight, go figure.

I re started calorie counting on Jan 1st to get rid of 10 lb and so far I am stuck for 4 day on 133 lb and it is getting on my nerve, but we need to keep going and don’t give up, eventually weight will come off.

How many calories do you eat? I am between 1,200 -1,400 with no exercise….

Good luck and I hope you have better day today !
onthedietagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Do you do any strength training to tone? It makes a world of difference!

We're the same height and when I was in my early 20's I weighed 135 and was very unhappy with my body. Now I'm older (36), so I have a different perspective, but I'm far happier with my body at 153 than I ever was at 135. I'm wearing the same size now that I was then too. The only area of my body I am really unhappy with is my tummy, but my waist is 29. I'm happy with that number, it's just that inevitable pouch that comes with babies. The happiness I have with my body is entirely due to strength training.

Last edited by Eliana; 01-08-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post

I know how you feel. Some days
I feel completely upset at how
I look and then other days I
want to dance from being so
happy at what I see.

Take a couple deep breathes,
relax, and remind yourself how
far you've come. Also, I found
that drinking tea for me caused
me to feel VERY bloated. Maybe
there's a certain type of food
you're eating that could cause this?

Good luck and feel better.

Ah im not too sure about the food thing, and what may cause bloating. i only drink water. DAY IN AND DAY OUT. water water water water. Maybe thats the problem. Who knows.. I do have good days, and bad days just as you do.. i guess yesterday was a really bad day.

Hubby was caught talking to his first love, so it just made me kinda down and out and i was picking at myself at everything blaming myself for his actions, i'm not good enough for him etc. I'm just so ready for this month to go on by so i can lose this weight....

Thanks sweetie!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthedietagain View Post
Ashley, I know exactly how you feel. I am 5’5 and have the same goal weight as you do. If you are small frame as I am 139 lb does makes me look chubby compare to other people. My sister for example the same high as me but 139 lb would make her look anorexic, but I have belly fat and big chicks with the same weight, go figure.

I re started calorie counting on Jan 1st to get rid of 10 lb and so far I am stuck for 4 day on 133 lb and it is getting on my nerve, but we need to keep going and don’t give up, eventually weight will come off.

How many calories do you eat? I am between 1,200 -1,400 with no exercise….

Good luck and I hope you have better day today !
Hey. Yeah i'm small framed, my wrists are 6".. Before my DS i was like 120 but wore zero's. I have a lot of lean muscle from my kid years taking dance etc. But anyways, i guess i just feel "not good enough". Anyways, i do count cals .. im at 1200-1250 a day. It seems like a good spot for me, sometimes im slightly weak from it, but its just me adjusting. I just upped my excercise, which is circuit training. i do two thiry-thirty five min sessions everyday. before i was only doing one. I'm hoping this will give my body a boost and i will loose 9 lbs this month. i hope hope hope. thanks for replying, made me feel so much better. I weighed in at 139.4 today. I WISH i was 133. Great job, you deserve it!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

I think maybe you need to focus on the positive rather than the negative or else you will never be happy. You manged to lose a lot of weight and you should really be proud of that! Find things you like about your body, look at how far you have come, do some things to make yourself feel sexy, walk around naked to get used to your body and feel more comfortable in it, if you feel that you are flabby up the strength training. You came a long way already, don't put yourself down

Last edited by Ashley829; 01-08-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #9  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Ashley, I totally understand how you feel.

I am only down 13 lbs since I started, but I look at pictures of myself and think, "God, I look huge, what the **** am I working so hard for when I see no difference!?!"

Maybe it's not the same, but I sort of have this feeling that my weight loss isn't "real." I know I've lost weight, but I have lost no inches off my hips (they are 39 inches but some how I manage to wear a size 4/6). My waist went from 29 to 27. I see weight loss from above where I measured my waist...right under my ribs, i think I lost the most right here. My breasts are gigantic, I didn't even remember those...37 I think.

My hips were 35 when I weighed 115 in college. I was 35/24/35. I want to get back down to 35 inch hips too.

I'd never measured my hip bones so I went and did that just now. they were about 36/37 if I did that right. My wrists are 5 or 5 1/4, so I am very small boned.

I guess I am just saying I relate....I think we just need to be patient and continue to work out and we will see a difference soon. It sucks it takes so long to be to where we want to be...but we need to remember where we started and that we are making progress. And hey, at least we started at all! A lot of people just keep getting bigger when faced with needing to lose weight...I am glad I started at 150 and not 250 or 350 or 450. Gotta keep it in perspective.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote