Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #16  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Man, I wish it didn't matter what our men think - I see so many posts about people whose boyfriends and husbands complain about their weight losses. Luckily for me, my boyfriend drools over underweight Japanese girls so I know he won't complain about me losing too much weight. :P
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #17  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats krampus! Keep up the good work

Changed - hang in there... weight fluctuates and it's normal. Stick to plan and be patient and it will all work out!
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey everyone!

I'm totally inspired by all of your stories... I started my plan last week! So far, I'm struggling with eating out (always eat WAY past the full point) and too much booze... any pointers to work on this during the upcoming holidays??

Otherwise, I'm doing great writing down what I'm eating (to help me make more conscious decisions and to be accountable for what I eat) and I'm exercising 3-4 times per week. I've also registered to do my first 5K race this weekend!

Wishing you all great success,
FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #19  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi everyone, thought i'd say helloooo (i must be a 'fairweather' forum-er and only join in when it's already busy....).

Nothing new to add though, because everything i've just been reading relates to me too!!
1) i've generally overindulged the last 5 days and not exercised as much as normal and am feeling guilty and need to knuckle down and make better choices.
2) i have a 12km trail race on sunday and am feeling unhealthy for it, although i know i can turn this around in a couple of days if i could only summon some self-discipline!
3) i can't tell you what i weigh because i'm away from home at the moment (with sales team which isn't helping with the lifestyle choices....), but even if i was at home i would be reluctant to get on the scales!

Whinge, whine, whinge, whine.

Hurray for your first 5km FPSJ!! Well done! Are you going hoping to run it all?
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #20  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
fivestone, I just visited Salzburg for 3 days as part of a 2 week trip to southern Germany, though I wish I could have traveled all over Austria and seen more of the country. I think a friend told me about Krampus a couple years ago around Christmastime and I just loved the idea so much I made "krampus" my username on several sites. I have a question for you - are you native Austrian, or are you from an English speaking country?

Good news, I weighed in this morning at 58.5 kg which is 128.98 lbs according to the "converter" feature on my cell phone. Yesterday I ate well (about 1370 calories) and ran for 45 minutes, and I did 45 real pushups - no more knee pushups for me! Granted, I had to fall on the floor gasping for breath every three or four once I hit 20, but I'm getting there.
Good job on the weight! Personally I'm going to have to hit the exercise hard again myself. I thought I could chill out a bit with the maintaining, and I'm seeing that I'm wrong, wrong, wrong. If it means I start losing again a bit then I guess so be it. Hopefully the hubster will understand.

Anyway, I don't feel particularly "from" anywhere other than where I'm living -- but I've lived other places in two other countries (US and UK -- London (Croydon and Peckham Rye), Portland, OR, Atlanta, GA, Queens Village, NY, etc.), and a couple of places here, but all within Austria, and I have to say that I enjoy living here the most. London was nice, too, if a bit loud and busy all of the time!
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Krampus, you crack me up when you talk about dropping a little because you just needed a poo.

Also, for everybody's whose BF or DH or SO tells us in worried tones how "skinny" we're getting, let's just remember they're doing so out of concern. Nobody wants their loved one to lose too much weight too fast, and sometimes when they finally notice we're losing weight, they haven't been noticing until that very moment, so to them it's sudden. We just have to remind them we're being safe and won't go to a dangerously low weight or anything. The poor things just love us and want to make sure we're okay, that's all.

I've barely lost any weight and yet my hubby sometimes gets frownyface over how "thin" I'm getting. I remind him I weighed below my goal weight when we met, and then he calms down.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

I am loving all the positivity here this month! i had been feeling a bit defeated recently! I wish I had had a scale this summer, I really think that I would have gotten right back on point when i hit my red line (125 back when I was 122) I knew all summer I was gaining weight, but i sort of just ignored it and slowly just pushed the clothes that were feeling a bit snug to the back of the closet.

This past month has been rough. I really struggle with one thing: alcohol consumption. It seems like such an easy thing to cut out, but for some reason it's hard. I also have a tendency to eat after a night out, so between the calories from Alcohol and an extra meal and snacks, I pretty much add an entire days worth of food in a few hours.

My Hubby made a comment about me getting a little larger since the wedding. BOOO!!! I felt pretty upset, but then again, it's the truth!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #23  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Also, for everybody's whose BF or DH or SO tells us in worried tones how "skinny" we're getting, let's just remember they're doing so out of concern. Nobody wants their loved one to lose too much weight too fast, and sometimes when they finally notice we're losing weight, they haven't been noticing until that very moment, so to them it's sudden. We just have to remind them we're being safe and won't go to a dangerously low weight or anything. The poor things just love us and want to make sure we're okay, that's all.
Thanks for the reminder. Personally I know that you're right, but it's kinda frustrating, when I had to psych myself up so much to get the ball rolling with losing weight at all!

Quote:
I've barely lost any weight and yet my hubby sometimes gets frownyface over how "thin" I'm getting. I remind him I weighed below my goal weight when we met, and then he calms down.
You know, maybe this has something to do with it for my husband. He never knew me at this size. I weighed this weight and below during parts of my early and mid 20s, so to me, it's no big deal. But I guess he's used to seeing me at 160 and well above. So I will try to be understanding of that. At least I have somebody wonderful in my life that cares about me, right?

It's nice to not feel so alone... I guess I had the idea that when people got down to around 130 and below, maintenance wasn't a real issue, you know? Like, I knew that I would have to put in a lot of work to maintain once I hit or got near goal, but I think in my mind that it wasn't so much work for everyone else. But it makes me feel less alone to see the effort that you guys are putting in (and the good results are encouraging, too!)
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #24  

Height: 5'3

I don't really let what my husband thinks sway what I want too much but he loved me to pieces from 100 pounds flat all the way to 200 and never thought twice. He still says he he no idea I was really that heavy when we see pictures of me a few years ago. When we met I was living alone, crazy broke and partying a LOT. I wore a 00 in jeans and weighed 101 pounds. We both know that weighing 101 was situational and unhealthy so I think he just wants to be sure I'm not nostalgic for that. I remember once after I got pregnant and started gaining weight, he came to visit me (Air Force so he lived 8 hours away) and could not stop talking about how good I looked and how glad he was that I'd gained some weight. He still talks about that day and the red sweater I had on. I was about 115-117. There ya go. lol

I am a happy girl today. 126 baby! Whew. I needed that little kick in the pants to get back on track, water weight or not. I'm feeling in control and renewed in my commitment today. I'm shooting for 124 on my Sunday weigh in. Hold me to it girls!

minirantcomingup- I took some new meds called "atarax" last night. Thought I'd sleep well and with a cold that sounded good. I also wondered if it might really help my hives. 2 hours later I had 3 times as many and they itched like CRAZY all night. I hope I don't feel like a zombie all day. So far so good.
Changed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
Hi everyone, thought i'd say helloooo (i must be a 'fairweather' forum-er and only join in when it's already busy....).

Nothing new to add though, because everything i've just been reading relates to me too!!
1) i've generally overindulged the last 5 days and not exercised as much as normal and am feeling guilty and need to knuckle down and make better choices.
2) i have a 12km trail race on sunday and am feeling unhealthy for it, although i know i can turn this around in a couple of days if i could only summon some self-discipline!
3) i can't tell you what i weigh because i'm away from home at the moment (with sales team which isn't helping with the lifestyle choices....), but even if i was at home i would be reluctant to get on the scales!

Whinge, whine, whinge, whine.

Hurray for your first 5km FPSJ!! Well done! Are you going hoping to run it all?
Thanks ange82much! I do plan to run the whole thing.... I did 4.5 miles yesterday in about 50 minutes, so I'm not terribly fast. But, slow & steady wins the race in these situations, right?!

My only goal is complete the 5K and then continue pushing myself, perhaps toward a 10 or 12 K, like you're doing!

I made the unfortunate decision of eating out last night with a neighbor and didn't make the best choices... but, today is a new day.

We're on the right track!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

129 used to be my red line. Then it was 119. And now it is 109. Always with the 9s....
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Powerhouse View Post
129 used to be my red line. Then it was 119. And now it is 109. Always with the 9s....

Hi Petite Powerhouse,
You are inspiring! I hope I can keep getting my goal number down, too

How do you resist temptation in social situations? That's what's getting me now! I'm fine within the safety/structure of my routine, but put me in a restaurant with booze and huge portions, and I always over indulge.

In other news, despite eating out yesterday.... my weight is still less today! Things are lookin' up
Old 11-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #28  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I can't wait until I have a red line! I just want to get into the 130's for now I do know I'd have a heart attack if I EVER saw 150 ever again, but I guess what I'm saying is I can't wait until that's 140, and I know it will keep going lower and lower

My husband is not helpful with my weight. He is always telling me I look good, but he was telling me that at my highest weight too. When I told him I was serious about losing weight, and that I realized this wasn't just baby weight that would drop by itself, he said I didn't have any weight to lose. I was like ARE YOU KIDDING!? ha.

I did my 2nd work out on NRWL and it was so awesome. I did my deadlifts with just the bar (45 lbs), but I will definitely be able to add at least 30 lbs next time. The hardest part was getting the Olympic bar off the rack because it was up high! My shoulder are already sore from the presses, but I can't wait until Friday so I can do my next NRWL session. I'll have long walks and yoga in between

Oh and I vow no more Halloween candy, at all. If my kids wouldn't notice, I'd throw it all away, but I guess I have to keep it here for a little while longer. Maybe I'll slowly start pitching some of it so it runs out faster

Last edited by pinkflower; 11-02-2010 at 03:52 PM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

I have no number-based victories to share today because I woke up later than normal and I always weigh myself at the same time. But my little mini victory and proof that progress is being made that isn't numerical is that I'm wearing pants that were crazy snug when I bought them. I almost never wear them due to how uncomfortable and out of shape they always made me feel. This morning I grabbed them because I was running late and need to do laundry. Well, guess what's insanely loose on me today? These are so big on me that I almost feel like I'm ready to pull out my next-size-smaller pants from the guest room closet!
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #30  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

Congrats kat - that is an awesome NSV!!!

pinkflower - hang in there with the Halloween candy... it's a tough time of year. Maybe toss one per day just to make yourself feel a little better

I have been sticking to plan nicely for the last couple of days. It definitely gets easier the longer I do it. I still have some cravings but if I can distract myself before I start thinking about it too much, I can usually get past them pretty quickly... thank goodness for water and chewing gum to keep my mouth otherwise occupied.
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote