Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Feathers Plan & Chat Dec. 1-7

December is "Dieting Nightmare" month! Goodies everywhere, gifts of food, extra events involving eating, etc. etc.

How are we all going to cope? And will you be trying to keep losing weight or just maintaining?

I think we'll all need a little extra support this month!

Have a great week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:00 AM   #2  

Thumbs up Good start to December for me

This morning I weighed in at 132.6.

I'm finding that I generally am satisfied with eating about 1600 cals per day and still lose sloowly at that. I also am giving myself permission to buy and eat one indulgence sometime in the middle of the week. That keeps me from feeling totally deprived of all the Christmas excess .

I am really motivated to get to 130 by Dec. 24. And DH's being on board is really helping with that. I think he will reach the 20 lbs. lost mark by then.

We've never dieted together before. Not sure how we'll celebrate. Any suggestions?

Have a great OP day everyone!

Dagmar
Old 12-01-2008, 06:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've got the weight fluctuation blu-u-u-u-u-u-uuuues.
Point four
Point eight
Can you all relate?

It pays to have a fitday graph on days like this. I actually did lose in November ... 3.2 pounds.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:03 AM   #4  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I plan to lose 8-10 lbs in December using food moderation, zero booze until Xmas eve, lower simple carbs, and the 30 day shred dvd.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi River!

Sounds like a good plan. Keep us updated will you?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:09 AM   #6  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Hi Susan, I love fitday too. I started using it again in September and lost 10 lbs.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone, hope you are all having a good first day of December!

I'm going to keep trying to lose weight steadily this month. I lost 2lbs last week, and that included a day where I ate considerably more than my usual calorie intake, and it was completely fine. I'm going to stick doing what I am doing at the moment, which is aiming for around 1200 - 1300 calories a day by eating three healthy balanced meals, going to the gym three times a week, and taking some other form of exercise, like walking, on the remaining days.

With regards to festive snacks and treats and occasions where there will be lots of food on offer, I think I am just going to be mindful and try and plan it into my calorie intake for the day. For instance, if I know in the evening I'm going to go somewhere where there will be plenty of snacks and nice Christmas foods, I'll just eat more lightly in the day beforehand and thus be able to fit in sensible amounts of "treat" foods without it really going over my planned calorie intake.

Also, I've definitely noticed that my weight loss is slowing now that I'm nearer my goal. I was initially losing 3-4lbs a week eating similarly to what I am eating now, whereas I think it's going to be around half that. It's a bit annoying that the results are slower than they were last time I was losing weight, but I can live with a slow, steady loss. The scales are still going in the right direction, and I feel healthy and happy.

Have a great day, everyone!
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Susan, I've got the same blues, fluctuation city here!! Too many refined carbs and not enough exercise. Even if I only eat 1400 cals I gain if I have sugar and anything white... Soo clean eating is the order of the day, week and month...

Welcome River
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #9  

I'm definitely feelin the fluctuatin blues. I try to ignore em but they just keep coming back for moreee!! I don't have too much a problem about holiday snacking (for some reason I don't usually go all out at parties with that sort of thing) but I am bad for binging due to school related stress...which december has a lot of. Which is why I drink a lot of diet pop around this time of year, which I believe is the lesser of two evils. Especially because I am not a big diet pop drinker, or pop drinker in general.

Working at the gym has proven to be helpful in keeping me on plan eating wise, but adding three 12 hour days into an already packed schedule (full-time school + social life) is proving to be killer for my exercise! Argh. Must find happy medium.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

wow, i completely forgot that it is a new month - Dec 1 - already!!! where did November go? Time to start again - the past two days have been bad w/ food and I have not been exercising in ages! My goal right now is to lose about 5 lbs (or 6, a nice even 2/week) before I fly home for Christmas! While I'm home I'm just going to focus on enjoying without stuffing myself silly - but I AM eating some of my mom's christmas cookies! And staying active. Maybe I can up my exercise a little while I'm home since I know I'll be eating (and drinking, my dad and I love to have wine and chat) more.

It sounds like you all have some good plans to get through the holiday season as well - let's stick to them! =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I expect fluctuations, so I don't give into the blues. I am actually down a pound for the weekend, which is amazing because of the amount of food I was preparing all weekend!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Fluctuation blues here too. I seemed to have settled on a 2 lb. weight gain over the long weekend - Not good

My plan for the month is to try to lose 5 lbs. before Christmas. I would have only had 3 lbs. to go, but with the 2 lb. weight gain over the week end . . . I'm going to have to work extra hard the next few weeks.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:20 PM   #13  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello peeps

It's been forever since I've been here but nice to see so many familiar faces. I'm still trying to get rid of these 20lbs that are bugging me so much. I've lost 10 since the beginning of October but it's going slowly again. Time for a kick up the xxxx from here till Christmas

Doughnut x
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #14  

Hey Doughnut! Nice to hear from you! We're all going to be struggling together this month so welcome to it!

I'm off to dog training class. Time to kill the #2 big dog. She was just awful today so the class should be interesting.

Dagmar
Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #15  

Hey Doughnut! I remember you
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote