Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #1  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default May Feathers let's chat...

April was not my best month.

Hello May.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 129/120.6/118

Height: 5'4.5

Up one pound. Oh well. I don't think anyone can notice that one pound, though, but I know it's there.
LabMonkeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Hi Feathers! I'm what I would call "knuckling it" through the weekend food-wise. In other words, I'm doing okay so far, but I feel really really tempted to eat things that are no good for me. I'm making it, but hanging on by a thread. It's taking all of my strength and motivation to stop myself from diving in to a bag of chips. I don't know what is up with me lately, but food is just calling my name!

I have so many events coming up that I know I need to be good now! I don't need to blow it on silly things. Maybe by posting this, I'll get it through my head that I need to stop this pattern of overeating in the evening.

Congrats on all the losses of pounds and inches! We can do this! It's not always easy, but it definitely is possible and worth it!

Last edited by kellost; 05-01-2010 at 09:15 PM.
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #4  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

I ran 5km this morning, easily, which was nice. Weighed in at 125.6 that was nice too.
I'm not sure why I am losing weight as I am still eating normally.
I can't go without food for long.

We'll see how long this lasts, my clothes do fit better these days
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #5  
Grandma on the Go!

Off to a good start for the month of May.
Went to the gym.
Didn't get off track with the food. Ate the huge salad in the afternoon - which is my way to keek the snack monster in the closet.

Birthday party for my one-year old grandson today. Hope I can learn to have one piee of cake and not let in turn into a 4-day binge.

Kellost - Let's make May marvellous! I'm going to try and eat more veggies and see if that will help with the hungar attacks. I know that I don't have that same drive I did back in Jan. - which makes losing the last pounds harder than the first ones. I promised myself I would post everyday - it does help.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

AR4Life, way to go on the 5K! I see you are in Vancouver -- I *love* it there!! I've even suggested moving there, but now it looks like my husband will be staying in the Navy another 7 years, so the closest I can get is Whidbey Island, WA. Which is llovely, but no Vancouver.

Danni, May is going to be your month! I really feel like there's a lot of bouncing around when we get down to goal. I think our bodies have to be at a certain weight for a while before we get used to it and our body begins to "defend" that weight as normal.

April was pretty good for me. I officially started my efforts with a weigh-in and measurement on April 9th. As of today, I am down 3 pounds, lost an inch off my waist, and .75 inches off my hips. (I don't really measure my bust b/c it's too depressing -- I'm really flat-chested). I've been running a lot and LOVING it. I've recruited two friends to run a half-marathon with me in the fall -- training starts at the end of June. I think we're set on an intermediate training program that includes speed work (gulp!). I've always been an LSD runner (long, slow distance) so the speed work will be something new for me.

To kick it up a notch in May I am going to mix in an exercise video I bought and try a class or two at the gym. Running is great but variety is the spice of life!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

I lost 7 lbs. this month for an average weight loss of about 1.6 lbs. per week. This is up just a little bit from last month! I joined a gym on April 1st and have greatly increased my exercise, which I think has helped with my success. I ran my first 5K, injured my foot, and have had to take some time off running. I've completed three spin classes, three yoga classes, and a LOT of time in the pool and on the elliptical, not to mention the weight training! I've dropped a dress size, and am getting very, very close to the 150s. Overall I think it was a successful month--I'm just sort of neutral about the whole thing right now since I am still sidelined from running and am really disappointed about that.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:15 AM   #8  
Grandma on the Go!

stella - 7 pounds is fantastic. Just getting to the gym 2 times a week is the most I can get in right now.. I admire your drive.

the same - you are no longer the same - you are 3 pounds lighter.
Good luck on the running. I would like to kick up the exercise but so far just thinking about it is as far as I'ave gotten.

127.5 Down 1/2 pound this morning. Good way to start Monday.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #9  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

I was down 1.7 for the month of April, but am down another 1.5 since then. Looks like I am done with the 135 plateau - never want to see that number again!

Back on plan since last Monday and very happy to be here and in control. I feel like a different person when I'm not on plan.

Great to see that so many of you do measurements! I have to check in on mine this week. I was getting depressed about my "pooch" still being big, and I looked back to my notebook and realized it was down 4" from when I started. A better indicator than weight, I think.

Heading to the gym tonight for some elliptical and a body sculpting class. Have a great day!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danni View Post

Kellost - Let's make May marvellous! I'm going to try and eat more veggies and see if that will help with the hungar attacks. I know that I don't have that same drive I did back in Jan. - which makes losing the last pounds harder than the first ones. I promised myself I would post everyday - it does help.

Thanks, Danni! I am trying hard to kick my own butt into gear food-wise. I've just continued to make bad food choices, for no apparent reason. Well, I could blame it on stress, but that's not really a good excuse. I'm going to do much better this week! Go May!

I've found I've lost a lot of motivation as well. I don't really mind the size I'm currently at. Problem is, if I don't quit eating the junk, I know the pounds are going to pack back on! I've got to keep this eating under control.

Maybe I'll try the veggie thing with you!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 157/141.6/120

Height: 5' 3

Well ladies had an awful weekend...big retirement/birthday party for the MIL at my house...all the yummy leftovers in my fridge calling my name....Damn that potatoe salad....

Up to 148.4 from an even 148 on Friday....minor setback, back OP this week and I'm hoping that since my DH is home from work right now he will polish off the rest of the potato salad before I get home today!!

May is a new month...let's keep it going!
MCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

Default May Feathers let's chat...

Here we are in May already are we going to lose the weight for those summer bathing suits? I know I am working hard at it working out regularly/daily, eating Clean and Primal ... What about the rest of the Feathers
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Summer bathing suits -- eek! Our neighborhood pool opens in 4 weeks. If that's not motivation, nothing is.

For those of you who are feeling like you're losing momentum or motivation, how about "Mix it up for May?" Try something new -- a new kind of exercise (kickboxing, cycling, pilates, core work on a stability ball) or a new way of eating. A nutritionist told me she eats a cup of food every two to three hours -- lots of veggies and fruit, lean protein, healthy fats. She is *completely* away from the 3-meals-a-day style of eating. If you think about it, where did that come from, anyway? Probably fit well into a farmer's schedule back when we were an agricultural society.

For May, I am focused on working out 5 days a week, whether it's running, machines at the gym, or the butt-kicking I got from a Jillian Michaels DVD yesterday (ouch, so sore!).

I have been counting calories for two days now and hope it is something I can stick with. I do love to go out to eat and that will be a challenge!

I was at 133.6 this morning -- heading in the right direction!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/179/145 Previous 198/130

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesame7lbs View Post
A nutritionist told me she eats a cup of food every two to three hours -- lots of veggies and fruit, lean protein, healthy fats. She is *completely* away from the 3-meals-a-day style of eating. If you think about it, where did that come from, anyway? Probably fit well into a farmer's schedule back when we were an agricultural society.
That is interesting!
TracyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

I eat every two to three hours, I get hungry that often and instead of waiting for a "meal" I just eat a protein and a carb usually... This way I don't get any insulin ups and downs and I don't get ravenous...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote