3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #46
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Stella -- sooooo happy for ALL your successes

Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #47

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Cheryl

Good for you Stella, keep up the good work

Yesterday, I had eaten up all of my calorie allotment for the day by lunch . I'm doing much better today.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #48
losing is fun!

S/C/G: 159/124/119

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good post Stella - your happiness is infectious, i suddenly feel more cheerful myself!!!

This calorie counting thing is really interesting. I've jus eaten what i think is a normal bowl of fruit museli, with 1/3 tub yogurt and half a banana and skim milk -444 calories for goodness sake (yes it's morning in Aus!!). That's heaps. You just don't get value-for-volume unless you have a plate full of veggies (which i like, so no probs there).

On the other hand discovering calorie counting feels like i've been sitting an exam all my life and someone's just handed me the answer sheet. It's sort of too easy - like cheating!!

Last edited by ange82much; 05-14-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling!!!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #49

Hi Ange

It can be eye opening when you start realizing how many calories you consume on a given day. And sometimes when you eat your normal meals the calories add up fast. Although I have just started counting calories again after a long time, I have realized in the last 2 days that I really need to add a lot more fruits and vegies to the mix. I like to eat, so if I want to cut calories and still not feel deprived I'm going to have to change my eating habits quick . Not to say that you can't have a treat every now and then but as my old feathered friend, Susan B, used to say, "You have to eat good more than bad".

I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow to pick up a few more "good" things
Old 05-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #50

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all so much! I love this feeling

Maintaining Size 8, 39-29-39
Striving for functional fitness!
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #51
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,
Nothing new here. Hanging around 127.5 this morning. Still waiting for the Gung-ho motivation to return. I could eat less - just not in the mood to do so at this time. Happy to be at this number at this time.

Promised myself that I will not let it go above 130 ever again. That is where I am in this journey. Someone on this thread said they stayed the same for a year. I thought that was strange at the time - but now I don't. Because every other time I lost weight I stopped paying attention and it slowly went back up again. This time I will pay attention.

This time it's all about being healthy and part of that is maintaing a healthy weight along with eating healthy for the inside of your body.

This is for all of you having a good day!

This is for those that are lurking and need a good day!

Last edited by danni; 05-15-2010 at 09:14 AM.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #52
losing is fun!

i got a ticker!!! Hurray!!!
(just posting to see what it looks like really.......)

stay on plan : go for a walk : rediscover wardrobe!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:33 AM   #53

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Ange, nice ticker! It's fun to see, isn't it? And you're doing great!

Danni, thanks for posting a and a yesterday... I needed them both! The scale was being nice (carrot) but I was in a funk (hug).

Stella, yea! for victories both on the scale and off! That debt-free feeling alone is like losing 100 pounds! And enjoy your new car. I looooove cars. I don't know why. They're like giant fabulous toys to me. I'm currently doing time in a minivan (like mom-jeans, but it works for us) but one day, when the kids are big and I don't spend my days driving them around, I'm getting a convertible (assuming we are still driving cars and not hover-craft by then...)

I've got a bit of a cold today -- hope I can still get a good run in. My parents come tomorrow for a few days, and then a friend comes to visit at the end of the week. Must stay on plan (or back on plan, I should say after this weekend)!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #54

Good morning ladies.

Just a quick post before I'm off to work. Saturday was good; Sunday was bad. The good news is that I'm down 1 lb this morning to 144. Actually I'v been 144 since last Friday but I was waiting to make sure it stuck. It stuck

'll need to change my ticker later. I have to get to work.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #55
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I'm down 40 pounds. This is such a major accomplishment & I have my big trip in a week. This is the first time I actually met a weight loss goal "for" something like a wedding or a trip. Usually, the week before an event I'd be scrambling to lose 5 pounds and end up gaining 2. This week, I would like to lose 1 pound because I wanted to be 132 pounds going on my trip. But to be honest, I would be thrilled if I maintained this week and met my fitness goals.

motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #56
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Wow - everyone is doing so great!!

Way to go Stella !! Love to hear the successes.

Abbyin- nicely done with the 1lb. loss...and making it stick!

WOO HOO motivated chickie!!!!! You ROCK!

Ange - nice ticker . I have been working out at home. I'm working up to jogging for 30 minutes straight & then building up to a 5k. Right now, I do a 5 min warm up & then 25 minutes of jogging, which is just over 2 miles for me (2.15 this AM). I typically round it off with a full max incline walk at 4mph for 5-10 minutes & then cool down. So, about 40-45 minutes in all and I sweat like a crazy person . On my altnerate days, I've been doing the Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred. It is awesome because it is only 25 minutes. Since I have to get up at the crack of dawn to get my workouts in during the week, it is nice to have a couple of days where I can sleep an extra 15-20 minutes or get ready faster if hubby needs to leave early & I have the kids on my own.

I had a disappointing weekend. After feeling all "gung ho" last week, the scale went UP almost 3 lbs. Really???? I typically eat around 1100-1300 calories a day + burning 300-400 calories from working out, so it is frustrating to say the least. I'm on the Slimgenics/Slim4Life program and only have 1 week left to get to my goal weight of 145, which clearly will NOT happen (I was 153 this AM). I am in much better shape now than 50 pounds & 5 months ago, but still was hoping to at least come close to that goal weight.

Shaking it off & focusing on good habits for today. I know the negative self-talk will work against me, so I'm trying not to obsess.

Happy Monday, everyone!! So glad I found this group.

Last edited by cherylmn; 05-17-2010 at 10:27 AM.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #57

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Hi Feathers!

I've not been finding time to read or post on 3FC lately, which is unfortunate because I love reading about how everyone is doing. Life has been so crazy! I'm pretty much maintaining my weight right now, which is not such a bad thing. Would love to be at my final goal by July 4th (under 120 is probably my final goal....meaning 119). We'll see whether or not that happens.

I completed the 5K race I've been training for. WOO HOO! It felt great. I did the 5K in 29:08 which was better than I was aiming for! I feel really good about it all. Now I need to find another race to sign up for, just to keep my running momentum going.

Just want to send positive vibes to all you Feathers! It's amazing all that we are accomplishing, and every heathy, positive change does matter!

Live the Life You Have Imagined
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #58
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Had a scare last week with old binge behavior. Once I started on Wednesday, I couldn't stop till Saturday. My therapist asked me how it started and for the life of me I can't remember when I took the first bite. I think it was a huge wake up call about how my eating disorder lingers in the shadows and waits to come out.

I have only 8 pounds to lose till goal of 125 & I feel like I'm in crisis over this. Somehow I'm afraid that something bad will happen if I weigh under 130 pounds. I know it sounds strange, but deep down I never believed I'd ever lose the weight. The journey was fun for awhile watching myself shrink, but now I feel like I am meeting a new me and she's a total stranger.

motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #59
losing is fun!

I've moved my ticker today from 123 to 122 after 3 consecutive recordings of 122!! It's taken me almost 4 weeks to drop this 1lb and i'm quite pleased with myself - i don't expect anyone but you fellow feathers to be impressed though!

Abbyin - congrats to you on your loss too! Hurray us!

Kellost - you've got the same goal as me. The weight loss seems small compared to others around here, but it's dammed hard to achieve! Great race result. What's next, another 5km or are you thinkin of ramping up to 10km?

cherylmn - you're on about the same calories as me, but i've not been doing the jogging, and i'm thinking this isn't enough for me on a sustainable basis as i'm hungry during the night, so i'm going to experiment going a bit higher. Your workouts will be adding muscle too remember so don't get too hung up on what the scales say. Do you measure yourself with tape etc? That might be more meaningful in reality. Or do your scales measure your fat%?

TS7 - They say don't run if your cold goes below the neck! i.e. headcolds are ok, but if you're chesty at all, stay home.

MC - Did your binge coincide with your dance festival? Maybe you burned pretty much what you ate? The important thing is to move forward. At least you're still on this site so you haven't given up. Get back into it, you'll be fine and will have totally forgiven yourself in a couple of days.

stay on plan : go for a walk : rediscover wardrobe!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #60

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Kellost, way to go on your 5k! Nice sub-30 time. I'm so impressed with your 80-lb loss!

Ange, congrats on moving the ticker. Your goal is soooooo close! My cold is not enough to keep me from exercising (for better or for worse). I don't feel bad, just all stuffed up and it's a little hard to sleep.

Cherylmn, I do 30DS too -- and it kicks my butt! I thought, how hard can this be, it's 20 minutes and I can run for at least an hour... but oh man, that strength training kills me! I'm a mom, too, so I also appreciate the 20-minute workout -- I can spend quality time with Jillian while my crew watches Wonder Pets!

Motivated, I'm sorry to hear about the bingeing. I have read that eating disorders are never completely cured, that they tend to rear their heads in time of stress, transition, etc. I'm glad that you have a therapist who can help you. I feel like I read a lot of posts on 3FC from people dealing with some really serious issues but they do not seek therapy. I will be thinking of you as you work through this. You have had so much success! Please know that people you have never "met" and will never actually see in real life are pulling for you!

My scale is hovering around 130-131. We'll see which way it decides to go. I've been doing great with exercise, mixing it up between long slow runs, short fast(ish) runs, and the gym -- elliptical, bike, kickboxing, etc. Which would all be good if I didn't eat ridiculous amounts of dessert all weekend. Sunday was the first day since I started counting calories that I ate more than I burned for the day. But yesterday I was right back in the saddle and I intend to stay there!