Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #16  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

After having a terrible weekend (really bad- binges of entire boxes of cookies & bags of chips in one sitting) and not exercising, I bit the bullet and got on the scale on Monday- 138.75.

Yesterday, I ate clean and ran. This morning, I got up early to run and walk to work. The work scale said 135.5.

I know these fluctuations are water weight, especially since it was so hot and humid when I exercised. But when I looked at the scale this morning, I had to laugh because it's as if the scale is rewarding bad behavior.

I'm not going to change my ticker at the moment. I need to get a sense of what my weight really is before I claim any weight loss.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 171/150/145

Height: 5'8

Hello all, back to 3FC after some time away as I want to lose a bit more weight for my wedding in the summer. Glad to hear everyone is getting a good start to May!

Stella, sorry to hear about your foot injury, I hope you are able to run again in future. Meanwhile all the other training sounds very dedicated.

I agree with Ilene about the small regular meals. I now try not to go more than a few hours without food - not only do I get hungry but it seems to give me migraine headaches. I have a piece of fruit and some nuts or cheese in between meals.

So, I am planning to buy my wedding dress in mid June (it won't be a proper wedding dress, just a nice, probably brightly-coloured, dress) and then the wedding is July. Only a month to lose a few pounds, then another month to keep it off! Any tips (and general advice on how to stay sane around weddings) would be very welcome. Thanks!
southofriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #18  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

South - sane at wedding time - can that be done? All the best to you. Just try to stay positive and make good choices.

I am hanging in at 127. What will be will be - just kind of staying in the middle of the road right now. I started at 143 so 127 is a lot better.

Last edited by danni; 05-06-2010 at 08:42 AM.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #19  
Caroline

South - I can't help you with sanity and weddings. Eloping with my now ex in Las Vegas was the craziest decision I ever made (but it was fun at the time).

I can give some guidance about weight loss during a stressful time. I had a huge work event in April & managed to lose 10 pounds while working on the event. One thing I should mention is that relatively fast weight loss was stressful for me. It was hard work to lose the weight. And I felt a lot of pressure to succeed in my weight loss.

I noticed that by the end of April I was exhausted physically and emotionally. After the work event, I became depressed. And I had a few binges.

So I'd suggest that you take care of yourself- get enough rest, meditate, have moments of solitude. Do whatever recharges your batteries.

Good luck in your journey.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Hi May Featherweights!

Eating has been much much better this week! It feels good to have it under control, because I was losing my grip last week. Mother's Day is going to be tough...probably off plan if I'm being honest with myself. So I'm trying to be extra-good now in anticipation of extra calories that day.

I've gotten 2 compliments this week, which have kept me smiling. One is, a cash register attendant at my local Walgreens. I honestly had no idea she even knew who I was, but she commented that I've really lost a lot of weight and that I looked great! Wow, I wasn't expecting that! I was surprised, but I thanked her for the compliment. See, you never know who is going to notice!

Next compliment was from a mom at my sons' school. She has kids in older grades, and I've never met her. But she introduced herself, told me that she sees me walking all the time, and thinks I look great. Then she said, "I always thought you were cute when I saw you at school with your boys, but you are looking fantastic!". Wow, this was crazy! So two people who barely know me took the time to compliment me on my weight loss. The change has been really dramatic, because I've almost lost 80 pounds so far. Sometimes I forget how much I've transformed!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and grandmas!!!!!!!! Have a great weekend!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #21  
Caroline

That's amazing kellost. It's funny how you are doing your weight loss thing & not thinking about it and other people start noticing how good you look.

80 pounds is amazing. Congratulations on that.

Right now, I am riding a high from getting within 5 pounds of my goal. I am exploring the concepts of maintenance, but for now I am going to stick with what I have been doing. Portioned eating & plenty of exercise. I'm guessing that will be my maintenance plan as well.

Have a good weekend everybody!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow, what a great feeling Kellost!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #23  
Grandma on the Go!

Kellost Good for you!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Kellost, congrats on the compliments! That's so fabulous--you are gonna hit that goal weight any day now.

Motivated, you are almost there! That's awesome I think it's really smart that you're looking at maintenance now.

I haven't posted in a while--I've been on plan except for a couple of days this last week when I was out with friends/boyfriend. I got a big promotion at work that I've been waiting on for a long time, so I've been celebrating, lol. I have one more celebration planned for Monday night so I'm gonna try to be really low on my calories the next two days. It's also a few days before TOM so I'm having cravings and am bloated--I had gotten down to 38-28-38 and now I'm back up to 38-29-39. I went jogging for the first time in three weeks today and it was HARD, but I feel so amazing to be a RUNNER again! I also hit 159.6 after my run, a new low, and less than 15 lbs. to go to my goal weight. Obviously it's been an exciting but nerve-wracking week
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #25  
Grandma on the Go!

stella - Great news about the promotion!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #26  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Stella -- congrats on the promotion and your return to running!

The scale has been bouncing around on me a bit -- down to 131 for a couple days last week, and, for a brief moment on Saturday, I saw 129-point-something, but now I'm back around 132. We'll see what happens this week. I did really well with my meals last week while my husband was away, but now that he's home I feel like have to cook actual meals instead of making myself big salads for dinner.

I had an awful workout this morning. I was just *really* exhausted but I thought I'd feel better once I got going -- but I didn't. When I went to pick up my son in the child care, the manager asked, "How was your workout?" and I kind of groaned. She said, "Well hey, at least you got it done!" And there's something to be said for that!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Same7, I'm sorry you had a crappy work out--I hate that feeling! Maybe you should take tomorrow off? I find that when my body says rest, I really need to rest, or at least abbreviate my workout.

Thanks for the grats ladies! Unfortunately I've had two celebration dinners and am going to come in at 1800 average calories for the week, lol. I have been working out like a fiend though and I'm holding pretty steady at 159-160 just a day or so before TOM so I'm feeling okay. I'll make it up by lowering my calories this week.

I had my second jog post-injury today and I did 5K in 40:26. I feel REALLY good about that time, and it's such a relief that I've GAINED fitness in these three weeks I had to take off instead of losing it. I'm in a really good place right now--just have to have my big celebration dinner tonight (Melting Pot, woo!) and then get back on track for the rest of the week
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #28  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Stella, you are so right about the day off! And luckily, tomorrow is my day off, and I will bask in it. I think I probably have been over-training a bit and I need to ease off some.

Way to go on your run! Wonderful that you are still well-conditioned and didn't have to go back to square one. Like you said, sometimes a body just needs a rest.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:18 AM   #29  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/109/<119

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi all, i've been hanging out most of the time on the 40+ forum recently, mainly becuase when i signed up a few weeks ago the Feathers forum seemed really quiet - looks like you've all suddenly got a bit more chatty!!

Stella, maybe i'm your twin? I broke my foot a few weeks ago and prior to that enjoyed my running. Not being able to exercise is driving me nuts. Today was the first day i could wear normal shoes again, so i'm healing slowly but it'll be another few weeks before i can ease myself back into the running i think. Good for you that you've kept up your fitness and you're keen to get back to it.

My diet coincided with the broken foot - i.e. i knew that if i didn't do something drastic about my eating then i would pile on plenty of kilos due to not exercising, and really i needed to do the opposite, so i'm 5 weeks in now, and just past the 'novelty' stage where dieting is easy, and hitting the 'this-is-all-too-hard-i'm-hungry-and-want-to-eat-crap' stage, which i'm not enjoying quite so much.....

Thesame7lbs - a bad workout is a good thing and part of the deal. It makes a good workout all the better by comparison!

Motivatedchickie - don't i recognise you from somewhere?! Good luck with the last few lbs and the maintenance.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #30  
Grandma on the Go!

ange - welcome

I am going the wrong way on the scale. again
I guess I will just be satisfied to stay under 130 until I can get in the mood to go full force to lose another 5 pounds or so. Not so much about the number as those rolls around the middle that are still hanging on.

I am much healthier than when I started in Jan. - so I'm just going to consider this part of my life journey.

I have jury duty tomorrow - I hope we get sent home like last time.