Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/127/137

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

Default need to confess and find my way back quickly

Hey guys. I know I haven't posted much but I read here every day. I have been working hard at weightloss since April of last year. I started out at 223 on a 5ft2 frame. I was very lucky in that I didn't have any major setbacks, only a few weeks at a time with no weight loss. Last week I was at 133. 90 pounds lost. I weigh myself daily and I know that weight fluctuates, but this week has been different. It has been pretty stressful due to my mother-in-law being in the hospital and having surgery, and some things at work. I have only been to the gym once this week. In the last three days I have gained three pounds back. I know, it seems silly to worry about three pounds and if it was just a normal fluctuation, I wouldn't worry. I have also been eating horribly and constantly. I feel myself slipping back into old habits and I need to stop it NOW. I have to get back on track now before I gain back much more than three pounds. My first step is confessing to you guys. My next step is to stick to my meal plan today instead of deviating from it. My third step is to let go of the last few days. That is the plan, anyway. Thank you for listening and any advise you may have!
kelleewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #2  
Hoping for motivation

S/C/G: 267/258/135

Height: 5'3"

I have a few suggestions. If you are trying to avoid eating something bad stop and go listen to a song you like instead and see if the craving passes. If not (assuming you have eaten recently) try sucking on a hard candy. Try diversion - call a friend, write in a journal, read the bible or a mag article, go for a walk. Don't skip your snacks or meals. Try eating part of your meal like a salad for instance about 20-30 before main meal so that your brain has time to send "i'm full" signal. Eat slowly putting your fork down between bites and stop when you are not full, but no longer hungry. I know its hard when you're busy and stressed. My mom was in the hospital last year before she passed and it was really hard.
DCeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #3  
One Day

S/C/G: 148/128

Height: 5'2

Default Wow!

You have come sooooo far! Incredible! Don't let those 3 pounds get you down! Get back on track and leave them in the dust! I too am going through some emotional stress. I spent 11 hours with my mother in the hospital last week (who is going through chemo) and I came home and just raided the fridge, leftover Xmas chocolates, you name it. I was so mad at myself. I wasn't even thinking. But the answer to all of it is simple. Start over and start over TODAY. We can't be perfect every day or even every week. You're not alone in this! Start over and start TRACKING what you eat! It will keep you focused. All the best!
oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey kellee; we have the same height and goal weight! And we're about the same distance from it, too.

Personally, once I start thinking about how I need to stop binging and how horrible my habits have become, it just gets worse. It's almost impossible, but the only way to actually stop is to stop thinking about stopping! The only way I can do this is find ways to feel pretty. Like taking bubble baths and feeling my smooth moisturized skin afterwards, or playing with shiny nail polish, or dancing to fast music in a swishy skirt.

Yes, it's girly and immature, but when I was in kindergarten I felt gorgeous with long fake-pearl necklaces and a flowery hat. When I looked in the mirror I looked at my tie-dyed Minnie Mouse shirt instead of the shape of my stomach, and I ate when I was hungry and for no other reason. This is the feeling I try to recapture.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

You can do this! It is disappointing to gain weight back and so easy to fall back into bad patterns. After Christmas and then a New Year's vacation, my scale was up 9 lbs!!!!!! Yikes! I was really feeling down the day I stepped on that scale! But you know what? I've already lost most of it (I don't think it was "real", although I sure ate enough). It comes off easily too, but only if you get back on track now! Don't let yourself slip back into old habits. While on vacation I was eating chips, cookies, chocolates, you name it. It tasted good, but it really wasn't worth it when you look at the overall picture. Just get back to what you were doing before and you will be okay. But do it now!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #6  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I agree with tkm256 - nail varnish and bubble baths works for me too. You've done so incredibly well that you must have a set of pictures showing your progress? Get them out, have a good look and really *see* what you've already accomplished. Three pounds is not the end of the world. You know you know how to do this because you've been doing it so well. Just get in one good day and the rest will follow.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #7  

Thank you so much for all of your support! I haven't been able to get online much the last few days and to come here and see these posts mean SO MUCH to me! I am feeling better today. My mother-in-law is on the mend, and other stresses have eased up.

I think you are definately right in that I have been thinking SO MUCH about food that it has started to backfire on me. The goal I had worked so hard for was to reach a healthy weight. I am at the very top of my healthy weight range. My goal weight is 125, but to be honest, I was just going to be very happy to be in a healthy weight range due to some health issues I had. I know this is a lifestyle change, not a diet, so even if I never lost another pound, I should never go back to old habits.

I also think it is a great suggestion about taking care of myself. I have made very frequent trips to the thrift stores around here because while I don't want to spend a lot of money, I want to be in clothes that fit and look nice. I may go take a nice, hot bubble bath after my kids go to bed!

Thanks again for all of the support!
Old 01-16-2010, 07:45 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCeattle View Post
I have a few suggestions. If you are trying to avoid eating something bad stop and go listen to a song you like instead and see if the craving passes. If not (assuming you have eaten recently) try sucking on a hard candy. Try diversion - call a friend, write in a journal, read the bible or a mag article, go for a walk. Don't skip your snacks or meals. Try eating part of your meal like a salad for instance about 20-30 before main meal so that your brain has time to send "i'm full" signal. Eat slowly putting your fork down between bites and stop when you are not full, but no longer hungry. I know its hard when you're busy and stressed. My mom was in the hospital last year before she passed and it was really hard.
Thank you so much! I have used all of these suggestions the last few days and it is working! I'm sorry about you losing your mom.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneday View Post
You have come sooooo far! Incredible! Don't let those 3 pounds get you down! Get back on track and leave them in the dust! I too am going through some emotional stress. I spent 11 hours with my mother in the hospital last week (who is going through chemo) and I came home and just raided the fridge, leftover Xmas chocolates, you name it. I was so mad at myself. I wasn't even thinking. But the answer to all of it is simple. Start over and start over TODAY. We can't be perfect every day or even every week. You're not alone in this! Start over and start TRACKING what you eat! It will keep you focused. All the best!
You and your mother are in my prayers. It is SO difficult watching someone we love go through such an awful illness. And you are right, every day is a new day, every moment is a chance for another choice.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
I agree with tkm256 - nail varnish and bubble baths works for me too. You've done so incredibly well that you must have a set of pictures showing your progress? Get them out, have a good look and really *see* what you've already accomplished. Three pounds is not the end of the world. You know you know how to do this because you've been doing it so well. Just get in one good day and the rest will follow.
You want to know what is sad? I went through some old family pictures and realized that there are only a few of me in them and I am mostly behind people. I am eliminating myself from our family pictures! that is one thing that I will change! I do have one really good, I mean really bad before picture. I was just looking at it after I read your suggestion and realized that I don't really recognize that girl anymore. She will always be a part of me, but I have changed so much in the last 9 months. Thank you so much for reminding me!
Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellost View Post
You can do this! It is disappointing to gain weight back and so easy to fall back into bad patterns. After Christmas and then a New Year's vacation, my scale was up 9 lbs!!!!!! Yikes! I was really feeling down the day I stepped on that scale! But you know what? I've already lost most of it (I don't think it was "real", although I sure ate enough). It comes off easily too, but only if you get back on track now! Don't let yourself slip back into old habits. While on vacation I was eating chips, cookies, chocolates, you name it. It tasted good, but it really wasn't worth it when you look at the overall picture. Just get back to what you were doing before and you will be okay. But do it now!
It is SOOO easy for the weight to come back on, isn't it! But your right, we know how to get it back off. Your right, the goodies know how to call our names, but they almost never taste as good as we imagine they are going to! I am back on track and not looking backward anymore!