3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Plan and Chat in January (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/189246-featherweights-plan-chat-january.html)

kellost 01-22-2010 10:20 AM

Hey Featherweights.....

I've been eating well, but slacking a little on the exercise. I have an event to go to on Saturday night, so I went shopping for a new outfit! Woo-hoo....I feel great about being able to wear it! In the past I would DREAD DREAD DREAD being invited out somewhere because I had nothing to wear and I felt FAT! Now I'm actually happy about going out. It's crazy how much my mood has shifted with the weight loss. I feel so much more confident. And I never get tired of shopping when I can fit into these small sizes..LOL! I'm going to walk into the room with my head held high, instead of feeling like the fattest girl in the room. It's such a great feeling!

Keep up all the great work everyone.....it's so nice not having to do this alone, and to have a place to shares successes and failures as we work toward our goals. Have a great weekend!

100percentME 01-22-2010 10:27 AM

131 this morning. Not bad, techinically not a gain from yesterday since i know my body usually fluctuates plus of minus .2 or .4 between days.
I hate being sooo close to the 120's. Back when i was almost 170, i never would have thought a number in the 20's to be attainable. Now im so close and im so afraid of self sabotage!
So the next couple days will be buckling down and getting those 2 pounds off asap :)
hope you ladies are doing fantastic.

srmb60 01-22-2010 03:49 PM

I just tried exercises from some youtube videos recommended by the Weightlifters here. Yee-ow! Awesome fun.

Tell me again why I don't read there more often?!?

MountainChick 01-22-2010 07:15 PM

:bravo: to everyone plugging away diligently! I've been avoiding the forum because it makes me feel guilty when I've gone off course, but I'm back on track now.

I remember when I was a size zero. It was impossibly long ago and after 2 kids I won't reach THAT size again, but still, it would be nice to get oh...I dunno...at least back to a 4. I'm an 8 now so I've got some work to do.

I'm encouraged by hearing from those who are reaping the benefits of exercise. I keep meaning well but want to actually commit to doing it. After reading about your successes I almost am looking forward to getting on a treadmill! :lol:

Thanks everyone for posting! :cheers: Btw those are glasses of water my emoticon is toasting with!

Doughnut 01-23-2010 07:21 AM

kellost - that excited feeling about a new outfit is so great. Your post jarred me a bit as it's been soooo long since I felt like that. Another NSV to work towards.

100percentme - keep plugging away! I nearly always start self-sabotaging at 140 and I don't understand why. We must keep going!

MountainChick - Welcome back on track. I never saw a saw a size zero I thought looked good - a 4 sounds great.

Well I'm doing quite well. Another little 1.4 whoosh which I'm very pleased with:D My trouble is going to be afer this week. I go on holiday a week tomorrow - same place every year - and every year I come back 5-7lbs heavier which is why my mini goal is so generous. My aim this year is to be back at whatever weight I am next Saturday morning within a fortnight of coming back. After next week I'm not going to weigh until 20th February as I always get so despondent when I see that big gain and I kind of give in. The years are rolling by and I need to have a new approach, including trying a little harder not to gain 5-7lbs to start with.

I'm doing well on food generally but not exercise. I am coming to terms with the fact that I'm just never going to be a formal exercise bunny although I can (and do) walk for hours quite happily.

Have a good weekend everybody :)

Ilene 01-23-2010 04:08 PM

Darn it all!!! I typed, or so I thought, something this morning, a nice post too and it's not here :tantrum: .... I guess it wasn't that important *sigh* :( ...

It's been a good day food wise and I did a Denise Austin dvd with dd, it was fun... She's been right into the exercise and watching what she eats mode since seeing pics on NY day... I see a big difference in her too, although the scale only says she's lost 2 lbs...

100percentME 01-23-2010 10:51 PM

sooo i wasnt going to post today, cuz im frustrated with this mornigs weight. and then i realized that thats kind of the whole point. to post and be accountable. sooo i was up to 132.8 this morning. definitly didnt make me happy, but im back on the wagon today, didnt eat great but definitly did better than yesterday and tomorrow i have plans to hit the gym. hopefully tomorrow morning the scale will be a little bit nicer to me. so close, but so far away!

Skyra 01-24-2010 01:38 AM

I hear ya 100percentme! I stepped on the scale this morning and I saw 143.0 ... last week I was at 142.6... and that was after being carefully on plan every day (except yesterday, went over a bit on my calories). GRR. I'm going to try again tomorrow morning, maybe it's just a fluke... but I feel discouraged. :(

srmb60 01-24-2010 09:45 AM

Good morning!

I'm really excited about how my new plan is evolving. Actually, it's not new at all. I've known it all before. I've tried it all before ... sigh ...

Does Losermom come here?

Ilene ... good for DD!

Skyra & 100percentME ... yes. it's a fluke. If you keep doing what you know is right ... the right results will come. In the mean time, flukes will happen. We know they will. They don't mean nuthin'.

MountainChick ... don't avoid us because thinks go wonky, that's what we're here for!

I'm not really very good at these personalised posts. Please know that I'm rootin' for you all!

Skyra 01-24-2010 01:47 PM

SusanB -- I don't think you're bad at personalized posts at all. I appreciate what you said, it made me feel a lot better!

Also it DID turn out that it was just a fluke... I am down to 141.6 this morning, down a pound from last week. :D

I am only 3.6 pounds away from being a "healthy weight" BMI! Wowza!

EmmaD 01-24-2010 04:14 PM

I just wrote a big long post and decided it sounded whiny so I deleted it. The gist of it was that it's time for a serious :kickbutt:

Ms. Perception, Re: body fat. I don't have a body fat scale right now and I really miss it!

The cool (or not-so-cool?) thing about the caliper test was to see the differences in areas of my body. 16% on my upper back (and this is BEFORE working out regularly). Yay! 40% in my belly. Boo, boo, BOO!

Robsia, Re: frame size. I have used two different measurements, the wrist and the elbow. Both came out small frame. It does make me wonder if some people could just have smaller arm bones but not be "small framed" overall... The rest of me doesn't seem that small, like even when I weighed 30 lbs less I was never willowy.

I wonder if a DEXA scan would give information about this (it's a hypothetical thought at this time, as I can't justify the cost...) since it measures bone density as well as body fat. If anyone does this, or the immersion test, please report in - I am so curious about these!

Anyway, today is a new day. I'm going to get my run in, do some yoga stretches, maybe take a walk in the sunshine. I'm going to plan some meals for the week and go shopping.

I'm declaring myself back on plan! and won't give myself permission to complain about lack of progress until at least another month has passed. Maybe longer. Then I'll be asking for some serious advice about what to change!!!!!

Hope you lovelies all have a fantastic ON PLAN week :goodvibes

Ms Perception 01-24-2010 08:23 PM

Been eating horribly and I'm going to turn it around. There's LOTS going on here and I've been tired, so I guess my decision making has been impaired! LOL

100percentME 01-24-2010 11:55 PM

im having one of those moments where im feeling much more optimistic about my body.
I know its not perfect, and it never will be, but i feel like ive come so far, and im feeling like i can actually make my goal. maybe not this week or even this month, but eventually i will be bikini worthy. of course thats what put me in this mood lol my new hobby when im feeling down about my body is to browse victoria secret swimsuits. Idk, maybe to some people that would be a discouraging thing to do, but for me, its super motivating. Those women are so confident in their bikinis. Im 18 years old, why cant i be the same!!!

Just figured id pop in and share my great mood with you ladies. no guarantees how long it will last :P
hope everyone is doing fantastic.

srmb60 01-25-2010 08:23 AM

We'll have to work at keeping our thoughts and moods optimistic. That's one of the things that I love about 3FC. Every moment of every day I can find something to read that reminds me what I'm after and that I can do it.

A small teehee for you .. I was in bed last night, pinching. Seeing what was fat and what was skin. You can never know enough about your own body ;)

Ilene 01-25-2010 09:52 AM

Ms Perception, there's nothing like fatigue to throw me off track, I guess my body thinks it's hungry when it's really actually tired, therefore I eat to give me energy, or so I think, but rest and a good nights sleep is the best...

Susan -- You're an excellent poster :hug:

Yesterday was a very good day... Ran in the morning, walked in the afternoon, food was on track all day :D ... Now on with the week...