3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Plan and Chat in January (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/189246-featherweights-plan-chat-january.html)

srmb60 01-01-2010 06:11 AM

Featherweights Plan and Chat in January

Happy New Year!

It's maintenance that I'm after this year. To get into a decent weight range in the first couple of months and to stay there!

So in January I must ... make a new exercise ticker and make sure a good portion of that time is weight lifting.

kelleewl 01-01-2010 06:41 AM

I am with you on the run to maintance. I am also thinking of some new fitness goals for myself. I know I still have some more toning to do. I work out 5-6 days a week but I need a goal to work towards since the focus is not on the number on the scale as much anymore. I am thinking of working towards a 5k, or something else. I am not sure yet. I am just afraid that if I don't have a goal to work towards, I will slip back into old habits and get back to where I was in April 2009. Maintance is my biggest fear!

jayjay77 01-01-2010 10:19 AM

Hi Featherweights -- Happy New Year!

Some health issues have kept me away the last two months, but now I'm back and amazingly I actually lost 3 lbs while i was gone. Now just want to get back on track in Jan.

timetostart 01-01-2010 02:47 PM

Well, it feels good to be in January and 2010. As I promised myself, I will be trying to post more often for accountablility. So far today, I have been to Jazzercise and eaten normally. :carrot: You have to start some where right? Here is to a great new year ladies!

ennay 01-01-2010 03:54 PM

Wooohooo I am SO ready for 2010!

So far it is going great!

100percentME 01-01-2010 05:52 PM

hey everyone. :)
its been awhile, but im back with 2010 and ive got 14 pounds that i wanna lose. looking back on all the weight ive already lost, 14 seems like nothing, but im stuck at a plateau. oh how i hate those!
lol
so for right now, im fighting to get past the 137 that ive been stuck at for awhile. :)

srmb60 01-01-2010 08:46 PM

There! I've begun the year with elliptical and shoulders and upper back! Feels good!

Ilene 01-01-2010 11:22 PM

Happy New Year Feathers :cheers:

Just ate my last holiday meal, thank goodness! I'm totally sick of eating and ready to get back to clean foods :yes:

I've been pretty good exercise wise though throughout the month, so that was a good thing...

2010 is the year I reach maintenance and that's 18 lbs away...
I will add one more day of weight training, on Fridays...So that's 3 days of cardio, 3-4 days of weight training...
I want to either do a triathlon or a half marathon...
I want to take another course...

JulieJ08 01-02-2010 12:01 AM

Down a half-pound for the first day of the year :D

Ms Perception 01-02-2010 12:05 AM

My plan for 2010 is to reduce body fat. EmmaD-What method did you use to get your BF tested? What did it cost (if you don't mind telling)? I'd really like to get mine tested now and then in a few months to measure progress.
Apart from that, it'll be time to switch to maintenance mode. I'm a little nervous there, but I also can't wait to settle into a weight and build a wardrobe there! :D

ennay 01-02-2010 01:52 AM

oddly I had a very easy time staying on point today. Of course it is always easier to eat less when I get up later.

jiggles77 01-02-2010 04:40 AM

happy new year everyone!!!
i officially start diet, exercise and school on monday and i can't wait...

mkendrick 01-02-2010 02:41 PM

I'm actually hoping to reach my goal weight, or close to it, by my birthday on March 27th. I'll have to average about 1.5lbs/week; I've been doing about 2lbs/week but I'll bet it'll slow down. So it's not a really set time limit, but I'm hoping to be around 145lbs around my birthday, but my BIG goal for 2010 is learning how to maintain a healthy lifestyle!

Ilene 01-02-2010 03:12 PM

Just finished cleaning the house of Christmas deco... the house feels a lot less cluttered...

Food is good so far, but I'm hungry every 2 hours but that's ok this too shall pass after a couple of days.

EmmaD 01-02-2010 03:22 PM

Well, I am starting the year nearly 4 lbs more than last year this time, so that was disturbing information. I got as low as 139 (more than 11 lbs less than I am now) last year but apparently let things slide.

That brings up another question. I have no idea what my goal weight should be. I just set it at 127, to make an even 25-lb loss. Don't even know if that is realistic.

Did my weight-training today and I'm going on an hour-long walk... kept calories @~1400 yesterday, even with another holiday meal. Yay!

MsPerception - I used the caliper method to test for body fat, where they squeeze your various regions in pincers. It doesn't hurt, mostly it was just a little embarrassing to see my rolls grabbed. Oh well. I will be re-tested with the same person for consistency. It cost $10, through my gym. If I remember correctly it was at 7 different points. It was informative to do it that way, as you can really see where your body is storing its fat. I was like 10% in the back and like 40% in the belly. UGH!