3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Plan and Chat in January (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/189246-featherweights-plan-chat-january.html)

srmb60 01-01-2010 05:11 AM

Featherweights Plan and Chat in January

Happy New Year!

It's maintenance that I'm after this year. To get into a decent weight range in the first couple of months and to stay there!

So in January I must ... make a new exercise ticker and make sure a good portion of that time is weight lifting.

kelleewl 01-01-2010 05:41 AM

I am with you on the run to maintance. I am also thinking of some new fitness goals for myself. I know I still have some more toning to do. I work out 5-6 days a week but I need a goal to work towards since the focus is not on the number on the scale as much anymore. I am thinking of working towards a 5k, or something else. I am not sure yet. I am just afraid that if I don't have a goal to work towards, I will slip back into old habits and get back to where I was in April 2009. Maintance is my biggest fear!

jayjay77 01-01-2010 09:19 AM

Hi Featherweights -- Happy New Year!

Some health issues have kept me away the last two months, but now I'm back and amazingly I actually lost 3 lbs while i was gone. Now just want to get back on track in Jan.

timetostart 01-01-2010 01:47 PM

Well, it feels good to be in January and 2010. As I promised myself, I will be trying to post more often for accountablility. So far today, I have been to Jazzercise and eaten normally. :carrot: You have to start some where right? Here is to a great new year ladies!

ennay 01-01-2010 02:54 PM

Wooohooo I am SO ready for 2010!

So far it is going great!

100percentME 01-01-2010 04:52 PM

hey everyone. :)
its been awhile, but im back with 2010 and ive got 14 pounds that i wanna lose. looking back on all the weight ive already lost, 14 seems like nothing, but im stuck at a plateau. oh how i hate those!
lol
so for right now, im fighting to get past the 137 that ive been stuck at for awhile. :)

srmb60 01-01-2010 07:46 PM

There! I've begun the year with elliptical and shoulders and upper back! Feels good!

Ilene 01-01-2010 10:22 PM

Happy New Year Feathers :cheers:

Just ate my last holiday meal, thank goodness! I'm totally sick of eating and ready to get back to clean foods :yes:

I've been pretty good exercise wise though throughout the month, so that was a good thing...

2010 is the year I reach maintenance and that's 18 lbs away...
I will add one more day of weight training, on Fridays...So that's 3 days of cardio, 3-4 days of weight training...
I want to either do a triathlon or a half marathon...
I want to take another course...

JulieJ08 01-01-2010 11:01 PM

Down a half-pound for the first day of the year :D

Ms Perception 01-01-2010 11:05 PM

My plan for 2010 is to reduce body fat. EmmaD-What method did you use to get your BF tested? What did it cost (if you don't mind telling)? I'd really like to get mine tested now and then in a few months to measure progress.
Apart from that, it'll be time to switch to maintenance mode. I'm a little nervous there, but I also can't wait to settle into a weight and build a wardrobe there! :D

ennay 01-02-2010 12:52 AM

oddly I had a very easy time staying on point today. Of course it is always easier to eat less when I get up later.

jiggles77 01-02-2010 03:40 AM

happy new year everyone!!!
i officially start diet, exercise and school on monday and i can't wait...

mkendrick 01-02-2010 01:41 PM

I'm actually hoping to reach my goal weight, or close to it, by my birthday on March 27th. I'll have to average about 1.5lbs/week; I've been doing about 2lbs/week but I'll bet it'll slow down. So it's not a really set time limit, but I'm hoping to be around 145lbs around my birthday, but my BIG goal for 2010 is learning how to maintain a healthy lifestyle!

Ilene 01-02-2010 02:12 PM

Just finished cleaning the house of Christmas deco... the house feels a lot less cluttered...

Food is good so far, but I'm hungry every 2 hours but that's ok this too shall pass after a couple of days.

EmmaD 01-02-2010 02:22 PM

Well, I am starting the year nearly 4 lbs more than last year this time, so that was disturbing information. I got as low as 139 (more than 11 lbs less than I am now) last year but apparently let things slide.

That brings up another question. I have no idea what my goal weight should be. I just set it at 127, to make an even 25-lb loss. Don't even know if that is realistic.

Did my weight-training today and I'm going on an hour-long walk... kept calories @~1400 yesterday, even with another holiday meal. Yay!

MsPerception - I used the caliper method to test for body fat, where they squeeze your various regions in pincers. It doesn't hurt, mostly it was just a little embarrassing to see my rolls grabbed. Oh well. I will be re-tested with the same person for consistency. It cost $10, through my gym. If I remember correctly it was at 7 different points. It was informative to do it that way, as you can really see where your body is storing its fat. I was like 10% in the back and like 40% in the belly. UGH!

AR4life 01-02-2010 02:53 PM

Happy New Year!

I decided to take up running again, it's the easiest way to jiggle off the layer of fat around my middle and tone up the rest of my body.
I ran 5 km this morning, felt good actually, took me 30-35 min and I walked some of it. Luckily one of my dogs likes to pull me along :)

Toning is my motto for the year, that should help keep me from bubbling over the top of my jeans.

timetostart 01-02-2010 06:55 PM

Is it Monday yet?

I loved having my kids home the past two weeks but I'm looking forward to them going back to school and getting back to my routine. One in which I eat better and exercise more. Today's eating was not terrible but not great either, tomorrow will hopefully be better.

Amy

srmb60 01-02-2010 07:33 PM

I agree with Amy. There's much to be said for normal routine ;)

ICUwishing 01-02-2010 08:10 PM

Hiya Feathers! Sorry I've been AWOL - I've had a far worse relapse with video games than I have with the food and exercise, but that ends when I go to bed tonight (eyes bleeding, carpal tunnel, the works!).

2010 - I have a major swim meet to prepare for, so that's the first half of the year. From there, I'm going after these single-digit remaining pounds, and I am going to build some functional upper body strength. Other than that, flexibility and working on the procrastination that has dogged me for 42 years. :D It's all good.

srmb60 01-02-2010 09:03 PM

Dear husband put the weight bench in the livingroom for me!!! And no we don't really have room for that. However .... legs and the elliptical tonight. That feels awesome!

Ms Perception 01-03-2010 12:21 AM

Didn't get formal exercise today like I was planning, but food was MUCH better, so it's coming along....

Doughnut 01-03-2010 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaD (Post 3069633)
Well, I am starting the year nearly 4 lbs more than last year this time, so that was disturbing information. I got as low as 139 (more than 11 lbs less than I am now) last year but apparently let things slide.

Oh I know so much how that feels. If it makes you feel better I was 138 this time last year and last Monday morning I was 161 which is only 2 lbs off when I stopped smoking 6 years ago. Not good.

I couldn't wait for New Year so I started back on Monday and am so glad that I have. I feel much better already. I constantly wonder why it is that if eating well and exercising makes you feel so good, why do so many of us slip and then stop as often as we do?

srmb60 01-03-2010 05:51 AM

Hi Doughnut! Nice to see you.

I don't know either. 161 was my kicker this year too. But I just don't know why I let that happen.

maenad 01-03-2010 07:06 AM

Hey ladies! Happy new years! I hope all is going well. the last few days have been pretty good. I am staying within my calorie range pretty well.

I hope you all had a fun new years eve!

I started work again yesterday, very hard to drag myself in! BUt i managed. I still haven't weighed myself. this morning i even got out the scale, but i didn't! I guess i am feeling good right now, and don't want to be disappointed if i went up.

Hope all is well!

jayjay77 01-03-2010 10:34 AM

Hi feathers!

So far, so good! I'm really motivated to lose the last 5-7 lbs. I even passed up champagne on NYE which is a first for me. I can fit into my skinny jeans but have the dreaded muffin top -- it's driving me crazy LOL! I've been doing lots of abs work and pilates to try and firm up my waistline but I really need to just drop some more weight.

Ilene 01-03-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doughnut (Post 3070800)
I constantly wonder why it is that if eating well and exercising makes you feel so good, why do so many of us slip and then stop as often as we do?

I wonder the same myself :rolleyes: ... I guess outwardly I hope I can eat as a "never overweight" person, but we're just not. We have to be aware and consistent of our exercise and especially food intake... It just sucks to be us :rolleyes: ...

Still at 158 this morning, same as I was last year at this time...

I saw some pics of myself at my brother's place on NY day and hated what I saw, DD felt the same about her pics too... I guess she inherited my genes, lucky her, NOT!! Oh, well, onward and downward we go this year.

Just back from the gym, I had a very good workout. This afternoon I hope to make out to run. There is so much snow that we'll have to run in the streets. I'm thinking that we'll just zig-zag the neighbourhood...

ennay 01-03-2010 04:33 PM

yesterday was not a good day. 4 days of insomnia leads to binging. I know this but have yet to conquer it.

Ran a 10K race this morning. Trying to be upbeat about being a full minute per mile slower than a year ago.

jiggles77 01-04-2010 01:49 AM

hi everybody!
just a quick check in...i've had a couple of terrible eating days and only slept a couple hours last night...don't know why, was super stressed and anxious...not a recipe for good eating...
BUT tomorrow i start school, excercise and diet(i'm usually much better at something regimented). i'm a little worried that when i weigh in tomorrow i'll be higher than my starting weight but am determined not to let it get me down if that's the case. i also started off this year heavier than last like some of you, but tomorrow everything changes! :)

maenad 01-04-2010 03:17 AM

last night i was in the fist social situation where everyone was drinking beer but me, and i stuck to diet coke! go me! I am very proud of myself!

It is nice to finally have the holidays behind me. I feel really good and optimistic about this year and my weight loss!

Robsia 01-04-2010 04:42 AM

OK - I am back also. It's my wedding year this year (end of July) and I have till the end of May to get down to the weight I need to be for my fittings.

I don't see it as a problem - I have to lose 14 lbs and I have 21 weeks to do it, so it's 2/3 pound a week.

I am actually 10 lb heavier than this time last year - I let it go over the autumn - before we went to Spain in August I was 129 - when we got back I was 144!! I lost a bit but put it back on again. Currently 147.

mayness 01-04-2010 10:25 AM

Happy new year!

I'm feeling very relieved right now... relieved to be back to work, where I've got a fixed amount of food with me, and I'm busy all day to keep my mind off of food. Also relieved that a gym on campus is open again - even if it's only one gym (of 4) and it's not exactly my favorite.

Yesterday I continued to eat too much... although I did exercise, so that's a start. I'm up a few pounds since before the holidays... at 132.8 as of this morning.

Time for my morning snack... after all the eating I've done lately, my body is thrown off, and I'm sooo hungry right now.

Ms Perception 01-04-2010 01:16 PM

mayness-The holiday eating has made it tough to get back to eating properly. It's so easy to get into bad habits! I was more hungry than normal the last few days coming off the food fest that is late December, but my cold probably isn't helping either!

I still have a few holiday pounds to shed, but there's no guilt since I chose to handle the holidays this way in advance. I'm happy to say my exercise routine has re-started nicely and today food has been much better. My regret over the holidays was that I let my exercise fall by the wayside for a week and a half. That was a mistake! I'll know better for next time.

Doughnut 01-04-2010 02:49 PM

Ok - how did this happen? I've been back on my weight loss regime for a week and was looking forward to weighing this morning. Was secretly hoping for 2-3lbs (it's week 1 after all) but would have been OK with 1lb. What I was not expecting was zilch, absolutely zilch after a week's solid effort. I'm a calorie counter with a fanatical mathematical approach so I know EXACTLY how many calories I had - how did this happen????

ennay 01-04-2010 02:56 PM

doughnut...breathe......fat may be down and water may be up. The scale is not always an accurate representation. If you were faithful to the program, then results will come.

Doughnut 01-04-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 3074154)
doughnut...breathe......fat may be down and water may be up. The scale is not always an accurate representation. If you were faithful to the program, then results will come.

Thanks - I needed to hear that, it's enough to drive you (ok me) to cake! ;)

timetostart 01-04-2010 05:03 PM

It feels good to be back on track today. The scale is up but I'm going to give it until Saturday to change my ticker since it's TOM and I'm hoping some excess sodium water weight. I must be doing something right today since I keep having to pee.

Doughnut - I agree with ennay, it sounds like everything will all balance out soon. Don't get discouraged and keep on doing what you know works.

EmmaD 01-04-2010 05:24 PM

Danger, danger - I had a slip yesterday. Was all ready to go to the gym for a run and for various reasons didn't go, then felt majorly grumpy about not going so ate a bunch of white bread (homemade, OK, but STILL - not something I really eat in general). I ended up not even tracking my calories - but I'm pretty sure I didn't eat *enough* and either way, they certainly weren't healthy calories.

<sigh> Constant diligence. Something I'm not so good at...

Anyway - off to my Body Pump class to get my hour/day of exercise in. Tomorrow is SUPPOSED so be a run day again, so we'll see how that goes. I think I'm just not motivated to go running since I finished C25K. Now they're just boring 30' runs on a treadmill (which by the way are NOT easy for me yet!). Hence, no motivation. Gotta think about this more...and find some other goal, maybe. I'm mostly just biding my time until it's warm enough to run outside. I have asthma and I have big problems trying to run outside in the cold :(

Oh, and I just wanted to say that it is really helpful reading everyone else's experiences. I don't know anyone else who is really in a similar situation to mine. I feel stronger to bounce back from setbacks after coming here, rather that moping for a while - so :thanks:

Ilene 01-04-2010 06:00 PM

Doughnut -- :welcome: back... Sometimes, just sometimes, the numbers just don't add up :hug: ....

Weigh the same as before the holidays...

Reviewed some New Years day pics and juist want to scream !! How did I let this happen, AGAIN!

Robsia 01-05-2010 02:44 AM

Doughnut - I know how disheartening that is - especially in the first week of a diet when you expect to lose quite a lot of water weight. Try not to let it get to you - and keep going - it WILL come off.

Well, after my first day back on the wagon - I'm down 1.4 - lol! Wouldn't it be great if we lost 1.4 lb every day!! I would lose my entire goal in ten days.

Still, it's a good start.

kellost 01-05-2010 10:41 AM

YIKES! I weighed in today and I am up 8 lbs since Christmas Eve! How is that even possible??? I went on vacation right after Christmas through this past Sunday, so that was definitely the problem. Yes, I overindulged quite a bit, but also had days with miles of walking and healthy eating. Ugh, it's upsetting. I have to get back on track NOW! I've been struggling with snacking way too much in the late afternoon and evenings. I always seem to do the right thing until about 4:00 pm. Then the snacking begins!

Anyway, I'm back and hoping to drop this holiday/vacation weight ASAP and get back to losing these last few pounds.