Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #1  
My dream stomach!!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 152/ticker/129

Height: 5' 7"

Default Choosing To Be Healthy

I'm stealing my post from my introduction thread and reposting it here.

Quote:
Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new around here. My names Melissa(you can call me Melly) I'm 26 years old, single and I have a unhealthy addiction to overeating. If you saw my walking down the street you'd probably think I was healthy and had everything under control. But I really don't. Because of my unhealthy eating habits my scale has slipped up 5, 10, 15 and now 20 pounds. Probably to some people 20 pounds doesn't seem like a big deal. But it's scary to me. Scary because my highest weight ever was in the 160's and I'm getting closer and closer to that number. Scary because so many people in my family is over weight and has health problems because of this. And heart disease runs in my family. I don't want my unhealthy eating habits to suddenly turn into a 50 pound gain. I don't want to worry about high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. I need to stop the over eating now focus on a lifetime of healthy habits and lose this excess of 20 pounds that I've picked up along the way!!
So now that you know a little about me I'm going to start using this thread as a journal for myself to help keep on track. Being healthy really is a choice you have to make each and every day. It doesn't just magically happen. I haven't been doing good at all lately but I want to start making better choices.

Feel free to join me and tips/advice is ALWAYS welcome!!!

Last edited by Melly83; 08-21-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Melly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! Looks like you have motivation. You are wise to do it now, it only gets harder if you put it off.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #3  
My dream stomach!!

Your right. And I really want to try and motivate my Mom too!
Old 08-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Melly...

You can choose to post and journal here and/or join us on the weekly Feathers thread... Whatever you chose enjoy the journey...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #5  
My dream stomach!!

Hi all!!

I think I will be posting both here and in the Featherweights thread. The more the merrier, right?!

This weekend was bad. I'm up two pounds and saw 150's on the scales the morning which is frustrating. I'm going to basically do what Jillian Michaels suggests. Eat 1200 calories and exercise a lot. Hopefully that'll get me back to the 130's...

Food today:

B: Fig Cereal Bar, Banana, Fat Free Milk (290 calories)

S: Vanilla Greek Yogurt, Fiber Cereal, Peach (226 calories)

L: Pita Bread, Almond Butter, Carrots (230 calories)

D: ?

S: ?

Total Calories: 746 (454 left to eat)
Old 08-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #6  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hi Melly!
Glad to have you here. Good choice! I am reminding myself today that I CHOOSE to avoid foods that trigger overeating. I can have them but I will CHOOSE not to.

have a great day!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #7  
My dream stomach!!

Hi Kitty! That is so true. I know that some people say to allow a certain amount of calories for say chocolate, each day. But if I let myself have a little chocoalte I know it's going to turn into a lot of chocolate. For me I have to cut a lot of high carb foods out or I'm never going to make any progress.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do tomorrow at lunch time. There's going to be a pizza party for a girl that's leaving. It looks so bad if I bring a seperate lunch instead of participating but participating is what has made me keep gaining all this weight.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Melly, you hit it right on the nose «but participating is what has made me keep gaining all this weight. » So go with your gut, bring a lunch... and repeat these words to your co-workers, some will understand some won't but ultimately you have to do what's best for YOU and as kitty said you CHOOSE and make the right choices ....

Good luck let us know how it goes
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #9  
My dream stomach!!

Ilene, how true. It's like I already knew what I HAD TO DO even though it's not going to be the popular choice. Working in a office with women can be tough because there's always treats and candy around. I need to learn to put my foot down. It's crazy but I can sit here and say about everyone that comes to work here ends up gaining weight. I've been here 6 years and that's not the person I want to become. I need to fight for my "right" to not gain weight!! Even if other people don't like it.

My next big hurdle is our departments summer picnic on Sept 14th. 1) I need to figure out something healthy to take and 2) I need to stick to my guns and eat healthy!! They are having fried chicken so I already plan on skipping it.

Reasons to eat unhealthy pop up all the time. This year I thru caution to the wind and here I am 15 pounds heavier than I was last summer.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #10  
My dream stomach!!

Day 1 went well. I was down 3.6 pounds this morning(water weight I'm sure). I didn't have any major cravings yesterday and stuck to the food plan. I did miss my last snack because I just didn't feel like eating anything at 7:30 so I came up a little short on the calories. I need to be careful not to eat below 1200. Which what I'm planning on eating today I'm a little short again. I'll have to add a few extra calories to breakfast tonight.

I sticking with the decision I made yesterday and AM NOT eating pizza today! I have my pita with almond butter, string cheese and carrots. I really hope everyone keeps their comments to themselves...

I can do this if I just set my mind to it!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #11  
My dream stomach!!

I didn't eat pizza OR dessert at work yesterday. Only one person gave me a hard time. Said I needed to "live a little" that all I was going to do was get old someday. In my mind when I get old I'd rather be trim and healthy because I gave up pizza than fat and unhealthly. But how could I say that to her without hurting her feelings(she's overweight). I just ignored her as best I could and stuck to my plans.

Of course then last night I blew it. I was just going to have a leftover corn muffin but then that turned into eating a whole lot of snacky stuff that I shouldn't have had. Despite all the over eating(probably had 2000 calories yesterday) I still had a pound loss on the scales today. I'm still hoping I can see 145 this weekend!!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on your self control at work. I have found that people who give you a hard time about anything are not happy with themselves and therefore want those around them as miserable as they are. So don't ever let anyone get to you!
And you are not alone on the snacking delima, I ate chips and dip today - Bad Amy! But each day is a new day to try to do better than the day before!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2

@ Melly83 : So funny I'm looking at your foto and thinking why the **** is she here when she looks like that and then I see 'My dream stomach!' LOL.... Hope you get it soon...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:02 AM   #14  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Don't let the mean comments get you down - people who say that are just jealous. Your true friends will support your weight loss and congratulate you.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #15  
My dream stomach!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingAmy View Post
Congratulations on your self control at work. I have found that people who give you a hard time about anything are not happy with themselves and therefore want those around them as miserable as they are. So don't ever let anyone get to you!
And you are not alone on the snacking delima, I ate chips and dip today - Bad Amy! But each day is a new day to try to do better than the day before!
ShrinkingAmy - Yeah, work is one place that can always seem to drag you down, why is that? But I'm done with letting it get to me!! I've decided to give myself 250 calories a day for a treat. Whatever treat I want to have. And then I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Plus then I always have something to look forward to that I don't have to feel guilty about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by size8 View Post
@ Melly83 : So funny I'm looking at your foto and thinking why the **** is she here when she looks like that and then I see 'My dream stomach!' LOL.... Hope you get it soon...
size8 - That's too funny!! I'd love it if my stomach was already like that. Oh no, it's not. I think it can be so hopefully that'll be the inspiration I need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia View Post
Don't let the mean comments get you down - people who say that are just jealous. Your true friends will support your weight loss and congratulate you.
Robsia - Thanks!!

I'm doing better so far this week at staying on track. Hopefully I can keep it up. Last week I went down and then hit the weekend and went up. I need to start being consistent EVERYDAY!!