Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default Planning and Chat March 16th - 22

So Saturday was good despite having guests over for dinner AND making a dessert. Came in around 2000 calories which I think is quite good for a dinner party day. Sunday on the other hand...ugh, I kept nibbling at the leftover dessert all day...probably ended up at 2600-2700.

Part of the problem is I had some of the leftover dinner for lunch. It is really healthy but more carby than I usually have that early in the day. Spiral spiral spiral.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Well, my little splurge on Saturday night caused my weight to shoot up a whopping FIVE POUNDS, and despite being on-plan (& actually a bit low on calories) all day yesterday, as of this morning, none of that has released yet! Crazy, crazy. But for me, it definitely points to the need for daily weighing - right now, I know this weight is not real. If, on the other hand, I had Mondays as my only weigh-in day, I'd be a bit freaked out!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #3  
MasterHarper

I went up 2 lb over the weekend - gutted!! Ridiculous how these weekends just throw me off track. I can eat well at home but when I go to bf's house, I can't seem to. And yet I didn't think I'd been that bad. Maybe some of it is TOM water weight.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:47 AM   #4  
MasterHarper

This morning I was down a bit, so I'm back to where I was last Monday. My goal right now is only half a pound a week so if I can lose a pound between now and next Monday I'm still on track. But this can't happen every weekend!!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #5  

I'm down 2 of the 5 pounds I went up this weekend...my rings are still snug, so there's definitely a bit of water weight left in there!

One thing I noticed this weekend is that my arms are looking really good lately. It was the first time in a while I've worn short sleeves, & I guess I just hadn't looked at my arms in some time - I was impressed! Loving my muscle tone. Loving even more that I'm currently doing all my muscle work through yoga, which I really enjoy, & it's having this effect.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Back again....Some of you may remember me from about 6 mo or 1 yr ago...I fell off the wagon a bit. I'm planning on seeing this thing through once and for all though!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #7  

Welcome back, Michelinwoman!

I am having a HUNGRY day today. I've already eaten about 200 more calories than is usual for this time of day (which is a lot when you're cutting back...), & am TRYING to hold out until dinner without snacking again. I've just started my TOM, which is no doubt part of it...

On the bright side, down another pound this morning...only 2 more until I'm back to where I was before the weekend. It's so crazy - it was ONE CHEAT MEAL, not a whole freaking cheat WEEKEND - but it is just sticking with me!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back and good luck!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

Ok, this time i am back on the boards. I'm hoping hearing how you all are doing will help me break through this plataeu. I've been bouncing back and forth between 141.5 and 144 for the past month. I've been busy and sick, so exercise went out the window. Now that things have calmed down, I am going to the gym at least twice a week, and am totally back on plan this week. Hopefully once I'm done TOM, I'll see the scale move a little.
on the plus side, while I've stayed the same weight wise, my legs are looking awesome from my attempts at running.
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #10  

Hi Jade, & welcome back!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #11  

Grr I'm doing rubbish today keep eating the snacks around in the office. I seem to be in self sabotage mode because I lost weight earlier this week.
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Would someone PLEASE kick me?

After last weekend, where I knew the food would be difficult as we were out of town, I feel like I'm just continuing the trend. Sunday we went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. I had lasagna and salad and wine and bread. No dessert and I didn't stuff myself. And my weight didn't change from the previous, so that's all good.

But for whatever reason I've been continually failing at my attempts to re-lose the 20ish pounds I've put on over the past couple of years. I've been adding unnecessary calories. Chips and salsa before dinner. Candy here and there. Too many glasses of wine. It's just got to stop!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #13  
MasterHarper

Here you are:

I have about another 10 to go so I know how you feel. Weekends seem to kick my *** ATM as I go to my OH's at weekends and he feeds me, which is always a disaster diet-wise. Whatever I lose M-F I always seem to have put on again by the time Monday rolls around. And this Sunday we have a big Mother's Day meal out which makes it even harder.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #14  
MasterHarper

Whoops, didn't realise we weren't allowed to mention kicking donkeys here . . .

I always forget that's considered a rude word.

Last edited by Robsia; 03-19-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Robsia. Now lets hope my sore butt will stay in line!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote