Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat Feb. 23 - March 1

Good morning all! Welcome to the last week of February!
Winter is finally starting to come to an end.

Anyone trying on their bikini yet?

Have a great week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/135/125

Hi!

Winter seems to be dragging here in NJ. we have had very cold and windy weather this week- good motivation to kill some time in the nice warm gym though!

I tried on my bikini last night and it was Not Pretty. Not awful though either- definitely doable by summer as long as I stick to it. I think my skin's blinding shade of white is not helping!!!!

I just started using FitDay again today. Over the last week I was slipping a little on my acccountability and "forgetting" to write things down that I ate.... so hoping this will help. I like the way I can put in my exercise too.

My in laws came over this weekend to help out with the kids (I wasn't feeling well saturday) and they brought over SO MUCH junk food. I'm having issues with this kind of thing lately. My dad brought over a huge tray of his homemade mac and cheese too yesterday, and I still have Valentine candy from DH. How do you all deal with friends/relatives dumping junk food on you? I know they mean well but as a stay at home mom I am the one at home with it all day.... should I say something to them?
blue_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'6

I am traveling to Punta Cana in a little over a month so I've been bikini shopping lately. It's definitely good motivation! But like blue sky said, I think the pale skin doesn't help. I plan to start working on a base tan this week. Maybe the extra "sunshine" will give my mood a little boost too...the days still seam so short here.
shybiird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #4  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Still at 138. Havent been motivated to exercise AT ALL. Just havent been feeling too great the past week. I havent been eating terrible but I havent been eating like I should either. Pretty much the reason I am just sitting at my current weight. However, although I am 6 lbs away from my goal I am happy at my current weight. Alot of people have been commenting on my weight loss and it makes me happy.

I need new jeans bad. My jeans hang off me and make it look like I am wearing a diaper! hahaha. Trying to score some cheap f21 denim or something.

Speaking of being pale, I am trying not to give in to my tanning urges. I have been tanning since I was like 16 and in like September I made myself a promise that I was going to stop tanning. Now as it starts to warm up and I look at all my pretty dresses and see how pale I look I am like man I need some sort of glow.I am not really into self tanners either. They look too fake on me.and I have tried them all.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Wink Weird tan lines

I work outside and, despite throwing on gobs of sunscreen, I get tanned during the summer. The marks never entirely go away over the winter.

So picture this. I wear shorts and a t shirt, socks and sneakers every day in the summer for work. Talk about looking weird in a dress or a swimsuit .

I found the only way to even things out was to use the fake tanners to fill in the white spots. One I really like (and I've tried at least 20) is ROC Minesol mousse. It seems to be less streaky and orange than a lot of the creams or gels.

I have never been to one of those tanning salons. I've seen pictures of the tanning units and they remind me of the BBQ chicken units in grocery stores too much .

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

When someone gives me food I do not want I thank them graciously and either give or throw away the food(without their knowledge, of course)It must be out of my house, I hate to waste food but I cannot risk having it around. I have even given it to people asking for food on the street, they are grateful.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

I'm dreading trying on my bikini.

I was at Target this weekend and saw all the bathing suits out... EEK - not ready!!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #8  
David Danger's Mom

S/C/G: 173/148.8/140

Height: 6'

Bathing suits kind of scare me, lol. I went to Victoria Secret's the other week and tried a few on... the tops are all so small with NO support! My breasts need that support since having my son and nursing. I try not to look at the rest of my body! But I started my new workout routine yesterday, so I'm hoping I'll be toned by bikini weather. I live 3 minutes from the beach, I have no excuse not to go!
DoorAsPirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I just came back from a week in Cancun. Only gained 2 lbs while I was away, which is totally ok by me - I was afraid it would be a lot more!

I think a lot of us can't think objectively about our bikini bodies. I mean, sure, there were a couple of freakish supermodel types out there - but realistically, at my current weight, I was in the top 10-15% of women on that beach as far as being fit & toned! And as featherweights, I'm pretty sure most of us would be in that same boat. So let's all make a pact to stop comparing ourselves to the most gorgeous woman on the beach, and start comparing ourselves to the AVERAGE gal out there - I guarantee we'll all feel a heck of a lot better about ourselves! I know I did!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

dooraspirt- I hate how bathing suit tops seem to have so little support! I'm about average size (34/36C) and half of the suits I tried on last year just left me all floppy and saggy. Not comfortable OR attractive!! I swear they design swimwear for women with tiny boobs!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #11  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

^ lol they do

I am a 34 DD and trying to find a top that fits and supports is like a huge challenge.

I Still have the brand new suit I bought last summer I have not even won yet, but I would like to buy another one. Target has some really cute ones this season that I have been told support the girls quite well.

(And su-bee, you couldnt be more right!)

I am sick. Having no insurance is tough, so I am trying to beat this cold the homeopathic way. Well see how that goes.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote