Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:35 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 141/134/119

Height: 5'5

time2shine - i agree with mudpie. those things tend to be wayyyy off. so if you want an accurate body fat reading, you could get a cheaper, non-body fat scale and then a good set of calipers =) check amazon for reviews of both! if it's over $25 you'll probably get free shipping too!
ashley916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #47  

S/C/G: (Preg 205)/163/150/140

Height: 5' 6"

Body fat scales are only of value if you want a comparison from the previous week or month. They are "precise" (repeatable) but not necessarily "accurate" (true value). I don't care what the actual number is but I love seeing that I'm honestly down 3% body fat since January.

Another word of warning on digital scales. Many "store" your last weight so you don't see fluctuations. A way to override this feature is to weigh yourself with added weight (I keep an old pair of 2 lb. dumbbells I don't use anymore by my scale), then weigh yourself without. You should then get an accurate (true value) weight. It fools the scale into thinking you are a different person!
get fit in ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #48  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitegirl24 View Post
PearFreak- I know a lot of 3FCers use The Daily Plate and/or FitDay to track their calories and activity levels. Check them out!
Thanks Kitegirl. I'll have to check those out.

I did however wake up this a.m. and am down a lb. hoping it isn't a fluke . I have become more conscious of what I am eating, and have cut out my later in the night snack-fests... I'll drink some water first and go from there.

Last edited by PearFreak; 07-12-2008 at 12:58 PM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question: how are you feeling about July so far? We're almost halfway through the month, and while I've made a little progress, I was really hoping to be further along. Just curious how you guys are feeling about it.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

I had hoped to be further along too - but I will keep it up - my now goal is 1 lb a week which is very attainable and so I am going to keep myself in check for this

good idea about the scale and shoes to weigh in - hadn't thought of that

linda
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #51  
Maintanier to the MAX

silverstar33, I am in agreeance with you on wishing I made more progress thus far this month. BUT I am hoping that I will end this month off with a bang and be surprised at my Sudden Overnite Progress. *fingers crossed* It could happen - right?

Last edited by PearFreak; 07-12-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

pearfreak - absolutely - that is what I am expecting to happen as well

Linda
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

I'm glad I'm not alone! While I haven't been fantastic about what I've been eating, I have really been that bad, and I've been hitting the gym hard. I was ecstatic a couple of weeks ago to see two lbs mysteriously disappear overnight, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it happens again!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #54  
Maintanier to the MAX

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgroomer View Post
pearfreak - absolutely - that is what I am expecting to happen as well

Linda

Glad to know I am not the only one wishing and hoping about that.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #55  
Bye Bye Big Butt

S/C/G: 158/145/130

Height: 5'4

Hey Guys,

I am so ready to get back to normal. DH has been home all weekend and it has been one temptation after another. Our 10 year anniversary was Fri. so Saturday we went to dinner and a movie, I did well. No bread, no dessert, no potato...steak and broccoli. But then after browsing the book store he comes out with a big cold slice of cheesecake and starbucks. I had a few bites
Then tonight out to eat again I am ready for the temptations to be over. Then he gets mad because I don't want to got out...

Sometimes it's just too hard when other people are so affected by your food options.

Oh, and tomorrow I have a pool party to attend...Guess what's being served.....PIZZA my favorite food of all time and one of the worst foods health wise
MercerMom is offline   Reply With Quote