Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #31  
Walking away the weight

What great photos, Batmomm!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Wow batmomm~what a difference!!! WTG!

Dagmar~my dogs adore salad!!! As soon as they hear the bag of lettuce open, they're there waiting for handouts. I give them a lot of lettuce--they eat the pieces that are turning brown so I don't feel as wasteful! They prefer the crispier portions of the lettuce, though, so they get the stems!

I had a pretty good day yesterday. DD and I went to Panda express for dinner but we shared one entree, so it wasn't an entire bust.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:43 PM   #33  
Changing for the better

batmom - Wow! What a difference....I would love to participate in a race or two this summer; I'm not actively working towards increasing my stamina though. I usually alternate the treadmill/elliptical/stationary bike at the gym during the week, so I am focusing on increasing my overall endurance. But I am definitely going to look into doing a race sometime.

I am drinking lots of water at work, and eating my lunch in pieces throughout the day instead of all at once during my lunch hour. That way, I don't become starving, and I stay energized instead of full. Between that and walking during lunch, I should be able to combat the afternoon "slump"!

Leigh - I tried the banana shake after dinner last night, and it was very good! I think I drank a tiny bit too much since my dad didn't want to finish it, but it's pretty healthy so I'm not worried. Tasted just as good without the store-bought mix that adds extra calories!
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

batmomm, those are amazing before and after pics!

dagmar, date night sounds fun. i'm sure you'll look beautiful. =)

beer and camping? i'm up for celebrating Victoria day here in the US too.

Robsia, that walking goal is a great idea! i think i might make one like that for walking/jogging for myself. i'd love to say from Philadelphia to Tucson before I actually move there, but i think that's too many miles for a few months.

yesterday with south beach was a bust. good until evening when i felt crappier than crap due to it being "that time of month". so i ate crap and skipped the gym. trying again today... although i don't know if i'll be able to stick with it over the weeked, i think my bf will be in town staying with me.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #35  
Walking away the weight

Allison - from your avi, it looks like you have Labs? We have one Dachshund and one yellow lab who may be mixed as we got her from the Humane Society. But she looks like a yellow-white Lab. Maybe I should try lettuce with her

Kitegirl- I am glad you like the shake. It is one of my favorite treats because it makes me feel like I am getting a milk shake in.

Iris- I am just getting over TOM, so I know all too well how you feel. Every moment feels like I could binge during TOM.

So far I am doing well today. And I still have lots of points left, even after deducting dinner from my total.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #36  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

my dog loves baby carrots, well he gets baby carrots and loves treats LOL.

Kitegirl, you are smart to mix it up with the machines b/c you'll be able to stave off injuries better. Lots of runners get hurt b/c all they do is run and get lots of muscle imbalance problems--we're not a real smart bunch But races are very fun regardless of your fitness level. It's really the only sport in the world where you can be in the same event as the elites...finishing a race is always impressive regardless of your time!
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Leigh~Yes, I have 2 labs, Buddy is a 14 or 15 year old yellow lab (rescue) and Chico is a 3 year old black lab (and my baby). We feed both dogs a whole carrot at each meal. Buddy had a weight problem early on and the vet suggested it. No one can eat carrots without the dogs drooling now.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #38  
Walking away the weight

awww- your doggies sound so cute, Allison

I am excited because I found a way to get my 5-lb reward for only $7 on ebay - it is a magazine subscription and I am so happy because it is $20 everywhere else.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:26 PM   #39  

okay, lesson learned: don't try to kickstart a new diet at the same time you are starting your period! (especially if it's south beach. phase 1 might be okay with me at any other time, but right now i NEED my carbs!!)

it's funny listening to everyone talking about their dogs eating veggies. i used to work for a vet clinic and we had a dog come in to board with a baggie of cut up raw peppers and carrots as treats... he loved them! my parents' dog gets ice cubes as treats every time we get a drink. as soon as he notices you have picked up a glass he'll run over and stand to watch you pour your drink and wait for his ice cube.

i'm very excited because i used to go to the gym with my mom but she quit quite some time ago... i just talked her into joining me for the summer. my gym is running a special for a memorial day to labor day membership. i know she's been wanting to get into better shape, and i'm stoked to have a gym buddy again!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:02 AM   #40  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Yay - I am down 0.6 this morning from yesterday! When I lie down I can feel ribcage and hip bones - but I have tons of back fat - ick!! And still wobbly upper thighs, although my lower thighs are getting nice and toned with all my walking.

We're getting there.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #41  
Walking away the weight

Iris- LOL - my Dachshund absolutely loves carrots. I am not sure my Lab does or not since we have only had her since January, but I can try and give her a carrot next time I have one. That is really cool about your mother joining you at the gym.

Robsia! That is awesome.

My weigh in is tomorrow. I am doing Weight Watchers points and each week I am given 35 bonus points to use for whatever I want throughout the week. This week I exercised 5 days instead of three. So I also earned some activity points each day and this week I have an insane amount of points left over. I could never use that many all in one day (today) and they do not carry over week to week. So I am using some of them for lunch today while I am out running errands. But that makes me slightly worried about my weigh in tomorrow - I am hoping "splurging" with extra points today won't affect my weight in the morning
Old 05-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #42  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hey love, maybe if you just eat something healthy with your points it wont make too much difference? I think you'll do great either way!

I have the feeling I'll gain a few pounds (incredible slip up today AND yesterday) But I'm feeling really positive that I can correct it within a few days, so all is not lost
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #43  

Robsia, i love when you can feel thinner by feeling bones and things - keep at it!

Loveliam, i don't know too much about the WW points but I think you'll even out even if you do splurge a little... that's kind of how they're supposed to work, right?

Spoz I am personally not even weighing myself because the last two days have been a disaster... good luck getting back on track, you can do it!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #44  
Changing for the better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia View Post
Yay - I am down 0.6 this morning from yesterday! When I lie down I can feel ribcage and hip bones - but I have tons of back fat - ick!! And still wobbly upper thighs, although my lower thighs are getting nice and toned with all my walking.

We're getting there.
We're twins! I'm the same way....while I want a flatter stomach like most of us, I am REALLY hoping for that gross fat on my back to disappear so I can fit into petite sizes My chest is on the larger size for my height (34C) so it makes it tough to wear shirts when both sides of my body are too big. I am also focusing on my thighs as well, since I seldom wear shorts due to my embarrassment of flabby legs (and that includes WITH bikini-bottomed tankinis).
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #45  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I have to find shorts that stop halfway up my thighs - to show off the toned bit and hide the wobbly bit!

I was described as 'beautiful' tonight! Not by a guy though!

I'm still on Maternity Leave but I went in to school to watch their summer show.l The last time the kids and staff had seen me was 4 days after Ruby's birth last December when I dragged myself in to watch the Christmas show, and I was, well, somewhat larger.

So everyone said how 'well' I was looking but one of the other women teachers did a double take and said "Wow - you just look beautiful!"

They've all seen me slimmer than this before, but not for a while. So that was a nice boost.

Had some sad news though - I found out one of my colleagues has been off since Christmas with cancer. She had it before but got better for a bit but it's back, in her liver and spine. She is being very positive about it apparently, but I don't know what the prognosis is really.

Puts our worries into perspective doesn't it? I had a friend who was diagnosed with liver cancer a few years ago. Six weeks later, he was dead.

So ladies, hug your babies, and your children and your significant others. And if you haven't got any of those things hug a stranger and thank god you're alive, becuase it could be a **** of a lot worse.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote