Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #1  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Default Weekend Warriors!

Let the PEP RALLY begin! C'mon ladies... The weekend is upon us and what are we going to do?!? (Maintain or LOSE!)

Hopefully we've all had a good week & we don't want to break our momentum or our weight loss success over the weekend. Become a "weekend warrior" and we'll support eachother over the weekend. A little accountability and movitation is all we need!

Good luck and

Last edited by Marathon Mom; 04-11-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I'm here too... and strong and raring to go
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up I'm in need of this!

Bad week for the eating . Too much exercise - 8 to 10 dog walks per day - but not enough to cancel out the calories.

I'm going to try to bring the number on Monday down by staying OP all weekend, despite feeling sorry for myself because I'm sick. Will be checking in frequently.

And my trainer is coming on Tuesday. I'm feeling quite"blimpish" right now so I have to really work hard for the next 4 days.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Hang in there Dagmar, the weekend will fly by, good eating or not, so let's keep it good
Old 04-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #5  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default let's get it started...

Hi all!

Wanted to make sure I checked-in tonight before bed. I've pretty much stayed OP with my diet and exercise this week. I don't have much planned for the weekend besides some "Spring Cleaning" and EZMONEY'S 5k. And of course, maintaining my weight at 139!

Good Luck to everyone!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #6  

Thumbs up Two meals down and one to go

It's so nice to be cooking, even though neither of us can taste much with the head colds . I spent the last week eating salad out of bags, microwave dinners out a plastic trays, carrots out of bags, etc.

Totally OP today and have only had one diet Pepsi . I will allow myself one more as the laundry marathon progresses.
It seems every towel in my car got extra dirty this week (including the ones some nameless choco lab peed on) and there was no laundry at the place I was staying. Good thing Tide was on sale!

A productive but not frantic day today.

Dagmar
Old 04-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #7  

Thumbs up Real food rules!

Made a really nice stir fry over brown rice, with pork tenderloin, sugar snap peas, orange sweet peppers, and lotsa raw garlic in the sauce (we both have head colds so will not notice it).

Now just the evening's TV, with melon and pineapple to nosh on, and I'm done day 1 of the weekend OP.

Anyone else out there? I seem to be the only one posting in this thread this weekend.

Dagmar (a lonely, but thin, soul)
Old 04-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #8  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Question I'm here!

I'm having kind of a crazy start to my weekend. Managed to get up and run this morning but then saddled with intense cramps the rest of the day. Yep...TOM is here! I've been in so much pain I haven't really felt like eating. Kind of rotating between drinking mass quanities of water, popping Midol, and doing some light snacking.

I'm just praying I don't derail all of my hard work with a Sun. night binge!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:15 AM   #9  

Exclamation I don't miss TOM

Menopause has it's own problems but the intense food cravings that TOM seems to bring on are not one of 'em .

I found that I craved sugar and carbs and felt really physically cold unless I ate lots of them. Sometimes my fingertips would even be blue! I guess it's the body's reaction to getting ready to have a baby - it wants more and more fuel for the process.

Monique How about eating popcorn for the Sunday night binge if your body insists? It's a not too bad carb, lots of fibre so it's filling, and the calorie count isn't so horrific as some other snacks (if you get plain microwave stuff). Good luck !

Dagmar
Old 04-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #10  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

I've made it through most of the weekend (rocked it with weight loss, after a major bout of struggling, actually). It's Sunday afternon/ night I need to worry about now. My dh is cranky and bitxxy. So are my kids. Send me some Zen, chicks!!

Monique, I made it through, so can you-- I'll send you some Zen, would you send it back my way?!!

Last edited by kittycat40; 04-13-2008 at 02:33 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:04 PM   #11  
needs constant reminding

Hey weekend warrior gals, I now realize this is sort of an established thing-- can I join?

Kitty
Old 04-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #12  

Smile Welcome kittycat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post

Hey weekend warrior gals, I now realize this is sort of an established thing-- can I join?

Kitty
We've been "established" for our second week now. And for sure you're welcome to join. And sending a bunch of Zen your way (my DH is always a mess on Sunday - dreading the workday to follow).

I love what I do so I look forward to Monday as I'm usually going into "dog withdrawal" from being away from the furry ones I walk.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #13  

Thumbs up Almost there and OP all weekend

In spite of a few rather major shocks (my DH is quitting his job and going back to school full time in 3 months I found out this morning) I am staying on plan .

Attempted seduction/sabotage by same DH has not resulted in any problem eating. I can't be "fat" for my trainer on Tuesday now, can I? The day after that, on the other hand . . .

Have a great night all!

Dagmar

Last edited by Mudpie; 04-13-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: smilie malfunction
Old 04-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #14  
needs constant reminding

Thanks Mudpie. I'm feeling the Zen. Had a family dinner and didn't drink the cocktail I usually need on Sunday evening. (B/w rowdy cranky kids -4 boys under 7, and moody dh, sometimes it's a really good thing!) Didn't even put salad dressing on my salad!
My scale gave me a friendly number this am and I want to keep it until at least Mon. am b/c that's my official weight day. I want to be a be to change my ticker!

I spent my weekend dog sitting for a neightbor. Your job sounds great to me!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:49 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

The weekend was so-so food wise... I'm hoping for a maintained number tomorrow morning :