Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat for April 7 - 13

It's spring! More energy, more daylight, more sunshine!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:55 AM   #2  

Exclamation I'm kinda away this week

Good morning gang!

The weekend warriors thread saved me again. DH started me off really badly on Fri. night but I'm still at 135. I have to stop hanging out with him in front of the TV.

Have a week this week. My dad has his (minor) surgery today but my cousin the doctor is actually doing the aftercare part!!!

Pet sit with 4 young pets starts today. Limited cooking facilities (and the fridge needs to be propped shut). Lots of microwave dinners and salad I'm thinking .
Maintenance this week and then start the slow loss again the next.

My first training session is Tuesday April 15, a week from this week. The gym space is ready, dug out my workout clothes, and I'm good to go .

I'll try to check in when I can.

Have a great week all! Enjoy the weather!

Dagmar (serenity will come)
Old 04-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 137.5/136/120

Height: 5'1

weighted in at 128 this morning-down 5 pounds since last monday-would like to lose another 3 to 5 this week in time for my vacation-so i can fit into my summer clothes-tried them on last nite-I could get them on but they were tight
I drank beer this weekend but am on the wagon for the week-I nibbled on a few things that i probley should not have but nothing major over the weekend.
I did alot of walking 9 miles this weekend as well-plan to do the same this week.
Have a great week everyone!!
Colleen
132/128/125
jamer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm finally starting to lose again. It feels so good! My back is better and I was able to run Saturday and walk Sunday (5 miles total). I got so much accomplished this weekend, it felt great! It will be a wonderful week.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody!

As soon as DH gets home from work, we're going to the gym! Our first real visit. We'll see if I can clod-hopper my way thru the plan 'Tracey' made for me. All kidding aside, I'm interested to see what she suggests about nutrition.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #6  

Thumbs down Sleeping with pets. . .

. . . is not conducive to a good night's rest. Particularly when there are 4 of 'em in bed with you. Luckily the 5th one (100 lbs) is out of town at a dog show for the week.

It's going to be a looong day . I have my lunch made and my snacks packed so I'm hoping I don't cave this evening. Usually the combination of too much work and not enough sleep does me in but I'm aware of this and taking steps to combat "diet fatigue".

SusanB How did it go at the gym?

AllisonSounds like you're really back OP!

Dagmar
Old 04-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

I GOT A BED!!!! for almost a year i've been sleeping on my mattress on the floor and this weekend i finally purchased a frame and box spring. i've been kinda giddy since sunday night!

in other news i must get to the gym... so i will catch up with y'all later!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #8  

Thumbs down Eating with pets . . .

. . . is not a fine dining experience .

Since there is no table high enough to keep the dogs away from my plate I've resorted to eating at my client's desk. I'm keeping the younger dog at bay with the keyboard pull-out tray and the older one is just sitting right behind my chair, panting and drooling .

The one cat was barricaded (I thought) with a big plastic storage box. Well Miss Lulu just jumped up on the chair back and ran around to the other side of the desk. She spent dinner trying to paw a mini tomato out of my salad .

At least the other cat is shy and was doing something else. I felt like the star of some strange sort of solo play, with the whole audience riveted to my performance.

I was hunched over the keyboard tray, wolfing my dinner while pushing at the younger dog with my knees and swatting Lulu out of my salad with my "fork" hand. Sheesh!

This week I will definitely TGIF - I get to go home then.

Now the dogs are wrestling behind my chair as I type, making grizzly bear cub noises. I think it's time for a walk!

Dagmar
Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #9  

The gym was good! Dh and I were like the blind leading the blind but the owner and our 'Tracey' were great. Three sets ... she's given us a start weight from our walk thru the other day ... if you can do two sets of 15 reps then you have to try a higher weight. Full body workouts ... it took a while.

I'm fairly confounded by the nutrition sheets she gave us. It's a lot about grams per day and per meal ... I'm more used to percentages ... I'll figure it out.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #10  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I've missed the beginning of the week somehow. We're all packed and ready to go. Our flight leaves at 7:25am tomorrow morning so that means getting to the airport at a little after 4! Oh but who cares! Woo hoo!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Lekhika, have a fabulous time in Jamaica! soak up some sun for me because this weekend i will be at a conference in connecticut and it's supposed to rain.

SusanB, nutrition-wise i'm horrible at actually measuring and counting. i honestly do best when i try to do simple things like make sure the majority of my plate is veggies, not go back for seconds, etc.

dagmar, your pet-sitting adventures bring back memories for me! i used to watch 3 dogs and the table was high enough that i didn't have to fend them off but they definitely did all watch me and salivate the entire time i ate.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #12  

Wink Is it Friday yet?

Hard week and now I'm coming down with a head cold. This happened the last time I was really stressed (not that long ago) so I think the cold/fatigue are related.

Also not sleeping/eating the way I should be . I really will need the Weekend Warriors this coming weekend. Although I am getting a lot of exercise - 10 dog walks per day . No wonder I'm exhausted.

I think Glory87 made a really good point, in another thread, about not keeping foods that set you off on a binge in the house. Unfortunately I often stay in other people's houses where those foods are available and I have an invitation from them to help myself. I ate so many cookies yesterday afternoon that I'm still when I think about it. Today I took along my chicken noodle cup of soup and 10 low fat crackers and those did me just fine. Packing the snacks seems to help me a lot.

Got to go - final dog walk of the day coming up. Going to bed at 9 tonite I think. Tomorrow TGIF and TGIGH (thank goodness I'm going home).

Dagmar (love those labs)
Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #13  

I bought Tosca Reno's book today. She talks about packing a cooler to take around with you! Have food, will travel.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I bought Tosca Reno's book today. She talks about packing a cooler to take around with you! Have food, will travel.
I do that in summer. Otherwise my sandwich and fruit would be cooked by lunch time (no A/C in the car). I'm going to experiment this summer with a bigger cooler and veggie/salad stuff in plastic containers as snacks. I'm also going to take cold drinks from home, rather than buying diet pepsi at variety stores.

Dagmar
Old 04-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #15  

Morning!

I would save soo much money if I always had diet coke at home. A dollar a can doesn't sound like much but over time it is.

I was in a bulk food store yesterday and actually looked at individual packets of peanut butter. I wonder if that would keep my tbsps honest