Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Angry fed up (pardon the pun)

I've been trying to lose five pounds for what seems like forever. I just keep screwing up, going on kicks where I eat a bunch and don't even think about it because of the stress of law school. I try to work out at least two or three times a week (at least 90 min a week), but it can't be putting a dent in what I'm eating.

Any tips for getting me to kick myself into motivation? I'm just have major issues dieting. I'm trying to get back into that mindset where I eat to live and not the other way around. but it's so hard. I feel so horrible about myself because I worked hard to be at 133, and now I'm back up to nearly 139.
BLLgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Sometimes maintaining can be good too. Sounds like you're under a lot of stress. Don't know where you live but it's a lot harder to eat salad and such if it's minus 25 degrees and snowing outside.

You are keeping up the exercise - good for you! Maybe just aim to maintain until the stress levels go down a bit?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:46 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Yes, that sounds good.. except every time I step on the scale, it seems to be lurking forward I will see what I can do though. Thanks so much for the advice. I have written down what I'm having for b-fast and lunch tomorrow, so hopefully that will help me stay ont rack a little better.
BLLgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:36 PM   #4  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

No real advice except that dear god do I know how it feels, and how disappointing it is to see the pounds coming back on. The scale I can deal with, it's my clothes and the way my body looks that I can't stand.
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:40 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Maybe try to focus on healthy foods, no junk in the house or dorm... Instead of exercising add some Yoga and meditation to get you focussed on what's important in your life...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

when i'm stressed (quite often lately) i have the same problems. i dont' know how to say no to food and even though I keep exercising i am eating so many calories that my weight creeps back up. My best advice for the future is not to get discouraged and give up the workouts - then everything really will go to heck (i've done this... the results are not pretty). Unfortunately I don't know what to tell you as far as eating, hopefully having a plan will help you to stay on track. Best of luck!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:46 AM   #7  

The stress thing: this was on my mind today, too. Running myself ragged with life. I really get tired of the deprivation when I'm stressed. Why can I not eat that? My life is so hard! I'm eating that, and nobody better dare try and stop me. Are you like that, too? Or is it just that you're stressed and then eat mindlessly -- you're distracted with school, so you go on autopilot with the eating? Or both? I'm asking myself this, too, and wondering if figuring out why I eat when I'm overwhelmed will help me. Not like I haven't tried to figure this out a million times before. The food keeps going in the mouth. I dunno. All I know is, I totally understand the bummer of 133 versus 139. I'm up to 136 from 129. All that "suffering" and now it's back on! Let's just think good thing it didn't get higher. Good luck with getting re-motivated!
Lizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Look at it this way. Would you rather lose 5 pounds now or 50 pounds later ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
OMG, ain't that the truth... I am constantly nipping myself in the bud before going way over where I lose control... It is a CONSTANT battle, one day at a time, one hour at a time, some times one MINUTE at a time... I just have to do what I have to do... I've accepted it now, that I can't eat what I want, when I want, I have to be mindful and in the moment when it comes to food... I cannot eat mindlessly because I will go overboard, even with healthy foods...

But, c'est la vie, I just don't listen to the voices in my head, most of the time anymore... Or at least I do my best not too....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #10  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Yep. Constant battle.

I said that to my husband last night. It's so hard staying this way than getting here ever was. Oh well...keep on keeping on I guess.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Thumbs up Words of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
This is why I've been a member here for nearly a year now. I think I quite possibly would have had double or triple the weight to lose if I didn't post, blog, and generally make a nuisance of myself at 3FC!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote