Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:44 AM   #46  

Default Words of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I think it comes down to making one positive choice at a time . Each time I do that I feel good. So the more I do that the better I feel (do I hear the theme music from a commercial starting? ).

I make less bad choices because I feel so much worse when I make them, in comparison to how I feel after the good choices.

So eventually the good choices become good habits and the bad choices still happen occasionally but are no longer a "lifestyle".

Dagmar

Wow, this is such good advice.
I've been struggling with consistant binge after binge and it's been really frusterating.

I've decided to take each day at a time and to put a star in my diary for each day I don't binge.
Eventually I'd like to feel that not bingng has become a lifestyle and not such a struggle.

I hope everyone is doing well this week.

Cheers
LadyLux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:52 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Good plan!

LadyLux Good plan with the stars in your diary for the non-bingeing days. Positive reinforcement is always better than beating yourself up or criticism.

I had a pattern (for so many years I can't even count them) of eating clean for two days and then bingeing on the third. I think I've lost/gained at least a couple of hundred lbs. because of this.

I stopped it by not having any binge foods (cookies and crackers w PB and cheese were my favorites) around and by not watching TV in the evenings (which usually bored me enough to binge).

I'm not 100% successful but I'm getting closer. And when I binge now I feel incredibly awful for days afterwards, which makes me pause before the binge and consider the consequences more.

Good luck with your plan! Let us know how we can help
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Food yesterday wasn't terrible (ok--I did take the kids to Applebee's for lunch and we all had one of their dessert things in a glass. Mine was strawberry cheesecake). I did partake of wine, which I knew I would.......weight is remaining the same. I doubt I'll see and change until next week because this weekend isn't going to be the greatest. We're going out to dinner and then to the BB King concert tonight and tomorrow everyone is coming here for dinner (dinner is on plan but not the wine). As I said before, I hope to be wine-less by Monday and then we'll see some changes.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #49  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I actually ate okay yesterday. I had a few glasses of wine at work and binged on some of the chips that someone set out However, I had a salad for dinner, and I had worked out in the morning, so that kept me within my calories for the day.

TODAY... I just ran 12 miles!!! I've been posting this all over 3FC in the various threads I follow, but I'm just so proud of myself I can't help it This is by far the furthest I've ever run, with the previous longest distance being ten miles (I did that exactly once). And when I did 10 miles, I ran it at a pace 43 secs/mile slower than I did today! That's a ton of calories burned so now I can relax tonight and not have to worry about every bite I put in my mouth.

Last week I was down to 125, which is my lowest weight, but it's also the weight at which I got stuck last year. All this week I've been back up to 127/126, so I'm really hoping I can be back to 125 by Monday. Unfortunately, I think this is where I'm going to plateau for a while. My plan is just to start being extra careful (no binge days!) so that doesn't happen. We'll see...
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Well, I had a bad day yesterday but, I'm back on track today. DH and I have been spending so much time together (both off for the holidays) that I think the stress was getting to me. He had to work today, so I am having a glorious stress free (me time) day. I love "me time"

Sounds like everyone is working hard to stay on track for the new year. I went back to calorie counting today. It seems to be the only thing that works for me.

Hope everyone is having a great, stress free day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #51  
Ilene the Bean

Laura you have every reason to be proud of yourself 12 miles is nothing to scoff at ...

Today wasn't a perfect food day, too many carbs although good ones, but it was still ok... I had a great workout at the gym too did chest, triceps and shoulders ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #52  
Lets Stop Yo Yoing

S/C/G: 283/276/170

Height: 5 7

Default Hi, Newbie here

I am determined that I will not say Diet.. Im living heathier....
Begabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begabo View Post
Diet is a four letter word . Or Die with a "t" .

But personally, to lose weight, that's what I have to do. Eat clean, count all the calories, and work out every day. I need to use very specific terms and have defiend goals.

I tried the broader term of living healthier but I didn't lose and weight as there were no specific goals.

Hope you have better luck!

Dagmar

Dagmar
Old 01-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Laura, a 12 mile run us awesome, gee, I thought I was doing good if I walked 5 miles. Congratulations on a great job.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #55  

Height: 5'6"

Had a good day yesterday, but DH is off today (so we'll be making something for dinner), and I'm working on first-day assignments for school (starts tomorrow), so I hope the stress doesn't get to me...
BLLgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hey Featherweights,

I did ok with my surgery Thursday - first time with general anesthesia, and I did get sick from that, but otherwise, it went well. I have rested for the last two days and tried to eat relatively healthy.

I've got lots of healthy foods in the fridge and hope to be back to walking by the end of this week. I've got about 15 lbs to lose, so I need to get going!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well... keep up the good work ladies!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #57  

Smile Feel better soon!

Glad everything went well for you Claire . Hope you're back to 100% soon!

Dagmar
Old 01-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

I stink at this dieting thing

Yesterday I did really good and today I stunk. I am never going to lose weight if I eat well one day and eat like crap the next. I tried to plan today but by the end of the day, I let myself get to hungry and over ate at dinner. I know better. I should have had a little snack in between lunch and dinner.

Well, tomorrow is a new day, a new week, and I have really got to get myself together.

Hope everyone else had a good day.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #59  
Ilene the Bean

Welcome back Claire glad everything went well...

abbyin -- We'll keep you accountable

Dagmar -- I agree that eating just healthy doesn't cut it for me...It has to be healthy, clean unprocessed foods, counting calories, cardio and weights ... Whew, is THAT all .... But, that being said, Begabo eating healthy is 1000 times better than dieting, I do agree with that...

Yesterday was a so-so day... only a small glass of wine while watching TV... Today was really good, plus I went swimming, I enjoyed that a lot
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:15 AM   #60  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begabo View Post
Haha! Good one. My line of thought is similar. Losing weight is not my New Years Resolution, just a part of it. My goal is to get fit. Part of that is losing the last 15-20 pounds, because it's pure fat. I know I'm not a fat person anymore, so I'm not focusing on the weight alone. I just want my body toned and to get back to the healthy lifestyle I was living two years ago so that I don't keep gaining weight.

I also haven't had a cigarette since NY Eve!! Tonight was hard, since I was working the tobacco aisle at work, but I didn't buy. I was never a heavy smoker (maybe a pack or two a week), but it's still hard to give up.

Last edited by midearthseeker; 01-08-2008 at 03:17 AM.
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote