Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #31  
Ilene the Bean

midearthseeker - BACK!!

I've had a very good day food wise ..... But now the dreaded evening is upon us and my toughest time of day *sigh* ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back Midearthseeker! Good to see you.

Well today wasn't one of my best days but it wasn't one of my worst either. I did make some good food choices to go along with my bad choices. Does that count? I did have salad instead of fries and I did decide on fat free dressing instead of full fat.

I know, I know - I'll keep trying

Hope everyone had a great day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #33  

Height: 5'6"

I'm really happy that the past couple days I've seemed to be pretty diligent with calories.. Hope I can keep it up!
BLLgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:50 PM   #34  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

I did terrible today. Margaritas and cheesecake. But it's almost the last of the junk food we have left in the house, so hopefully not too bad. Hubby says we'll start next Monday, so I guess we're going with his plan.
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #35  
Ilene the Bean

I ate some cottage cheese and mango as my snack tonight and about 10 cashews... I had to eat I was so hungry I had a pain in my stomach...
Old 01-03-2008, 11:44 PM   #36  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Midearth, I am doing the same thing and trying to use up the junk food that I have left from the holidays. I have about 700 calories of junk food left, so I'm hoping to do a 10 mile run on Saturday, eat it all, and then it will balance out However, that only works if I then go running on Sunday, because I seem to only lose weight if I get in a long run and one massive calorie deficit for the week. We'll see how it goes...

Tomorrow I have training for work and they're supposed to be providing lunch for us, but I'm going to bring my own salad with low-cal homemade dressing, because I have a feeling it's going to be something bad for me and not even tasty enough to justify the calories. I can't feel too virtuous though, because we have a cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres later in the day, and I will probably not be able to resist some of that! Again, we'll see how it goes...
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:33 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Question one choice at a time

I think it comes down to making one positive choice at a time . Each time I do that I feel good. So the more I do that the better I feel (do I hear the theme music from a commercial starting? ).

I make less bad choices because I feel so much worse when I make them, in comparison to how I feel after the good choices.

So eventually the good choices become good habits and the bad choices still happen occasionally but are no longer a "lifestyle".

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Okay. All the bad food is out of the house. Well, there are still some chips and cookies, but I can leave those alone. No more pasta! We'll have soup for dinner tonight.

DH is going golfing today, so our traditional Friday lunch is a goner. Well, sort of. I asked the kids if they wanted to go out to lunch and they did, so they'll join me instead. I don't know where we'll go, but I'll try to be on plan.

Sunday I have a dinner planned, but it will be on plan, so no problem (other than wine). After that, no more wine! My weight hasn't budged this week, so I need to do the drastic measure (no wine).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #39  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Yikes, no wine! LOL!

Well, despite the gorging of last night, I'm still down a pound and a half. Honestly, there's no way I actually gained 6 pounds in a week, so it must be mostly water. I'm about to workout for the first time in months...wish me luck!

Last edited by midearthseeker; 01-04-2008 at 12:36 PM.
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
I've had a very good day food wise ..... But now the dreaded evening is upon us and my toughest time of day *sigh* ....
That's my hardest time too! After dinner is cooked/cleaned up from and before bedtime. Too tired to read/do anything other than brain-dead chores and the TV beckons.

DH is addicted to the TV. His whole family is too. He does turn it off when I'm around during the day but it goes on after dinner and stays on until he goes to bed. I've come out on the weekend and found my little zombie staring at the screen at 2 a.m.

Dagmar (TGIF!!! and TGHAO - thank goodness holidays are over )
Old 01-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #41  
Ilene the Bean

Let's hang in there Mudpie and everyone else too we're all in this together ...

Today food has been good so far, but it's Friday night, and wine? Maybe? Probably? I don't know I'm just rambling... as long as I don't get the munchies with the wine drinking I'm ok...

We have no big plans this weekend though so it should be easier to stay on plan...
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #42  

Did bad when it came to going to the mall today. Had a Cinnabon. Now I'll definitely need to go to the gym this evening!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #43  

Strange, somehow I'm still down a few pounds.. Hope I'm not making a disappointing mistake by changing the ticker!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLLgirl View Post
Did bad when it came to going to the mall today. Had a Cinnabon. Now I'll definitely need to go to the gym this evening!
Anyone know the calorie count for one Cinnabon ? Probably something in the neighbourhood of three days' worth of diet meals yes ?

Dagmar
Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #45  

Yeah, I Googled it and it came up with something like 730 for the classic -- eek! Good thing I didn't get the pecan one.