Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Default So?

How's everyone doing? Is our race giving anyone else the butt kick they needed?

It's actually helping me. I found out the other day that my stepfather passed away and it literally made me too sick to eat. Until last night, when I indulged in comfort food. Today was better though and I went out for a nice long run this am, which I really needed. I'm surprised that I haven't binged more since stress and emotional turmoil usually sends me into an eating frenzy. So far I'm dealing with it by being rotten to everyone around me, instead of eating my face off. Not sure which is worse. *sigh*
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #2  
You go girl!

S/C/G: 144/143/112

Height: 5" 3"

Hi Goin' - sorry about your stepfather and your families loss.

I just joined yesterday and today my department threw me a belated Bday party. I had a nice healthy sandwich (probably should have stopped at half) and HAD to have a cupcake seeing as I am the one that requested them (2 weeks ago before I started caring about what I'm eating) ...At least I only had 1 instead of 2 or 3!
Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 PM   #3  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm sorry for your loss gold That is sad indeed.

Ugh, well I'm sad to say that today is not going well at all for me. I'm rather stressed out because of my report due friday...and have been eating my face off today. TOM is also due next week, and I tend to get snacky the week before. UGH, please stop me now!!!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #4  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I had a huge binge tonight...mostly because the stress of my last few weeks culminated into one big, oppressive, depressive cloud over my head. I had two doughnuts, half a muffin and a small bag of chips before I stopped tonight...I literally felt like I was going to throw up a few times (and I NEVER throw up). I think I'm geeling depressed and lonely...

My boyfriend's been gone since the start of August (working and then vacationing) and because I had been taking classes and working, I've had no social life to speak of. Brian usually IS my social life on weekends...so I think this feeling down is finally catching up with me.

I'm thinking of taking Brian to a hotel somewhere this weekend just to UNLOAD all of the stress in my life for a few days. Forget about work, college, money, dieting--EVERYTHING. And just enjoy myself for two days.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #5  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

I hear you Azure!!! I think going on a vacation for a few days is a wonderful idea.

I'm going on vacation at the end of the week...if I didn't have that to hang on to, I'd be going crazy right now.
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:58 PM   #6  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default That darn stress fairy!!

Well, sounds like I am not alone in having the stress fairy visit me causing me to eat off program.

goinforthegold My MIL past away last week, so I know what you're going through. Add to that, the concern felt for my FIL and you have a formula that the stress fairy LOVES!

It's been a tough 24 hours. Mine and my DH's emotions ruled the night last night and the entire day today. I look forward to a more tranquil day tomorrow.

My DH and I both work from home and late in the afternoon yesterday, I popped into his office to ask how he was doing and he said he was feeling really sad for his Dad. My FIL shared a room with his wife (of 60 years)in the nursing home up until she died last week. He has dimentia and can barely walk. I suggested that we take his Dad out with us that evening to our DS's last soccer game of the summer. We had visited him last week and took him outside for a walk in his wheelchair. It was a pleasant visit. We hoped for the same.

WELL, what a tough visit we had!! When my DH picked his Dad up he discovered that his Dad had peed and was soaked right down to his shoes! A nurse cleaned him up and put him in a new set of clothes. My DH brought his Dad to the washroom one more time before they left and my FIL had a bowel movement. Well, by the time we got to the game, my FIL clearly had another bowel movement because there was a lovely odour in the car. My FIL said nothing about either accident. We transfered him to his wheelchair and watched the game anyways and then headed back to the nursing home. Not a word from my FIL about his condition. IT WAS A VERY DISAPPOINTING VISIT to say the least. My FIL has not had to wear a diaper before, but clearly it's now needed. My DH and I are still reeling from the visit gone bad. It was so hard for us to see him in this condition and not be able to help him. If he was a baby we would have changed him. It's just not the same with a grown man.

Azure Glad to hear we are still neck to neck in this race what with your emotions driving you to eat as well! My All-Fruit-Day yesterday fell apart in the late afternoon and today I was pretty hopelessly off program. But, I have worked out both days to try and melt away some of the stress. Hey, let's resolve to find another way to deal with depression and loneliness. I plan on taking a bubble bath when it hits (usually in the evening). What about you, what do you commit to doing differently? We can think of each other and remember what we committed to.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #7  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

I am so sorry for your loss goinforthegold. I hope you can find some other, better coping mechanisms other than shutting down and lashing out...but at least your coping some way...plus the fact that you're on here and sharing says something right?

I'm doing pretty good race wise...I've committed to at least doing yoga everyday and I'm pretty good with watching what I eat so..that's not really problem....My weigh in will be the last day of August....we'll see where we are then!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

So sorry for everyone personal loss and stress!

I'm doing well. I don't know if this is the kick in the pants that I needed or that the past 4 weeks of being OP has finally kicked in. In any case, I am losing!!! I am super happy about that. Now I just need a little more to keep it off and lose a couple more.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

I've been doing surprisingly well! After a couple of not-so-great weeks where I didn't lose and maybe even gained, the past few days have been right on track! I've been effortlessly sticking to plan and turning down treats and I reached a new low weight this morning! (Sure, it was only .4 lb lower, but it still counts!) This week just seems to be going magically well and I'm going to credit the race with inspiring me. Let's just hope things keep going this way!

Oh! And as a bonus, I got an unexpected $300 today so I'm going to go shopping tomorrow and get new size 6 pants since all my size 8's are falling off me!
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #10  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

I did an entire hour of cardio and ate well. I feel like a rock star today.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

I went riding and worked my butt off riding a young horse...though that's the only thing I did. My eating was well...crappy. My calories for the day stayed around 1000 but that's only b/c I had a happy meal and nothing else all day. *sigh* I have a headache. Today will be better. The scale is down to 112.5 this am. We'll see if it sticks.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #12  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

I've been off plan eating wise largely because I haven't made a plan. Today I plan!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Well if this is a race to gain 5lbs....maybe I've already won!

Sort of kidding
My exercise has been on target - but the eating has been rather like a runaway train.
It is PMS week and I am on the hormone rollercoaster.

Today is a new day
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/150/150

sorry about your loss! My in-laws we're in a serious auto accident last week, and they are in 2 different hospitals about 40 miles between them. I'm a stress eater and no time to excerise except hospital hallways. Any suggestions?
christabell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

Most of my pants - size 8's mostly - have been falling off of me. So I decided to go buy some new pants today. It was very inspirational! First, I no longer wear size Medium shirts - I have to get them all in size Small! Depending on brand, either size 4 or 6 pants fit perfectly. And I got a pair of motivational jeans, size 5 juniors. They fit me like a glove now, but if I gain an ounce I won't be able to wear them - so I have to be sure not to gain anything.

Going shopping really helped me see how much weight I've lost. It's sort of hard to see it on yourself, you know? I look so much better now than I did 13 pounds ago! I have so much more shape - my waist is much more defined.

Now I'm really motivated to take off another 5 pounds! Ready, set, go!!!!
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote