Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #1  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Default Slump?

I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem as me....I've worked pretty hardcore to get where I am now....within 10 pounds of my goal and now I'm not working as hard (exercise wise) and am sort of coasting and maintaining....

I just need some more....something more push me to do better....
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

YEP! Exactly what's happening with me. I've totally been slacking off, even slipping back into old habits. I've even gone from 113 back to 114.5...ARGH. Though, I REFUSE to change my ticker...LOL.

Funny, I notice you were the same weight as I was when you started and we're the same height and virtually the same weight now. Doesn't it stink being so darn short? Hehe, I've decided I don't need to lose any more weight, I just need to grow a few inches taller!! Though, I guess losing is easier than growing. *sigh*

When did you start? I started back in March and was totally focused until about June. Ever since June, I've been progressively less focused. *sigh* Though, I am at least still exercising, thank goodness.

Hopefully the race we're starting tomorrow will give me the boost I/we need. I hate being soooo close yet still sooooo far away.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #3  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

You two are giving me sudden inspiration! I have about the same starting stats as you both do, now I KNOW it can be done. I'm in on the race too!

But don't be too short-sighted about being short. Plenty of tall girls wish they were "petite". I mean, don't sell yourself short, just remember Katherine Hepburn who once said "I'm long on being short!" Short of that, we usually know we're overweight before tall people do!

cuppa [aka 'Short Dog']

Last edited by cuppajoe; 08-18-2007 at 11:32 AM.
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hey, I've been "slacking" for months!!! Here's my story:

136 on Thanksgiving day
143.5 on Christmas day (that's really depressing!)
143 on New Year's day
142.5 on Feb 1
144 on March 1
141.5 on April 1
143.5 on May 1
141.5 on June 1
143 on July 1
145.5 on August 1

Today? 145. Sure I MAY be maintaining somewhat, but I still see that 136 and I WANT IT BACK!

I started running (C25K program--currently on week 4) and that is helping a little. Maybe not so much weight-wise, but it helps keep my on plan. I stopped drinking my nightly glass(es) of Cabernet (I'll still have a glass when we go out to dinner, though). I don't know what else I can do to motivate myself.

We're having a "race" to lose 5 pounds in this Featherweight group. Come join us--we're starting tomorrow!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:22 PM   #5  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Yep, me too! Pretty much as soon as I hit 140, actually...
I'm now exactly 10 pounds away. I'm still exercising, but my eating habits are SUCKING!!! I'm hardly even trying anymore.

I figure two things are going on for me that are related to my self-sabotage:
1. I suffer from depression, and there's a part of me that doesn't feel like I CAN reach my goals. I just don't feel good enough.
2. I'm kind of happy where I'm at. Yeah, another 10 pounds gone would be awesome, but right now, I'm getting second looks from guys, I'm getting compliments from friends and family, and I'm comfortable in my own skin, which I haven't been in a while.

Still, I do want to hit 130, so I'm going to seriously re-commit myself now!!
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppajoe View Post

But don't be too short-sighted about being short. Plenty of tall girls wish they were "petite". I mean, don't sell yourself short, just remember Katherine Hepburn who once said "I'm long on being short!" Short of that, we usually know we're overweight before tall people do!

cuppa [aka 'Short Dog']
cuppa

Dagmar (my DH calls me a midget)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Midget at 5'4? Ugh, I'd love to be that height...just those few inches would really help.

When I was a kid I liked being petite. I was always the smallest in the class and liked it. I felt bad for all the tall ackward girls...because I was cute. ROFL Not anymore...now that I'm older, I realize there are definitely advantages to have lots of space to hide the jelly. ROFL Plus, I'd LOVE to have beautiful long legs...and an actual waist to speak of. *sigh* Oh well...better do the best I can with what I've got.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I have to agree--being tall is an advantage weight-wise. No one ever saw me as fat because it all spread out all over the place. But I felt frumpy wearing tight size 12 and feel much better now at 6 (although with the latest gains, the 6's are starting to feel tight).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #9  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

goinforthegold

I have been watching what I eat since January but started exercising mid April..that's around the time I found 3fc. And it was after my vacation in mid July that I started to lose focus. I am just not as gung ho about my cardio. I do try to do my half hour of yoga everyday and have been still watching what I eat....I know the solution is easy in my case...get back on that treadmill and pound out the miles.....

I too am hoping that the race will at least get me closer to my goal and hopefully inspire me to get there.....

cuppajoe

I rather like being short. When you're losing weight it's the best, 5 pounds is totally noticeable when you're petite...but so is 5 pounds gained.... (I guess that's when it sucks)

Sometimes I wish we all could be satisfied with our bodies and be a little more forgiving of ourselves....
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote