Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #31  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Carolyn- I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. My thoughts are with you and your DH and FIL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnythighs View Post
Got weighed and BMI by a personal trainer, and am unhappy to find my home scale is 10 lbs too light. i am actually 162. Not at all happy about that.
Does that mean you've come down from 185 then? Remember that you still look the same and you've still achieved exactly the same amount of weight loss so don't lose heart. Have to agree with you that I wouldn't be happy though

Um, struggling but doing it. Yesterday ended up being far from perfect but today's going ok so far and I've exercised already with plans for more later - shock horror. I'm not counting my chickens yet though given that I messed up late on yesterday.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #32  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,

Carolyn, I'm really sorry to hear about your mother in law. My grandmother passed away in April, after a similar period of not eating...its hard to watch a loved one go through things like that

I am doing well with my new plan again today, and I'm somewhat less hungry than yesterday
M1: bran cereal, peach slices, skim milk
M2: 1 apple, 4 almonds
M3: salad with chicken, radishes, green onion, cucumber and low fat ranch dressing, 1 grapefruit
M4: 1 nectarine, 4 almonds
M5: we're going to the mall, but I'm planning on a ham sandwich with 1/2 the bun removed and a cup of soup.
M6: probably yogurt with some fruit

I'm not sure if I'm going to run tonight or not...I ran 5K yesterday and I'm a bit sore.

Thinny - don't dispair Maybe going to the gym will motivate you to get back on track. As for your scale, Doughnut is right...you still lost the same amount of weight, so be proud!!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #33  

Hmmmm...No breakfast because I woke up late...
I had 2 big plates of salad bar from Ruby Tuesday's for lunch - but I was good!!! Almost all of it was veggies (Usually I load up on meat and cheese and pasta salads), and no dressing in sight! I loaded my plate with lettuce, cucumbers, red peppers, green peppers, some peas, some lima beans, some carrots, a bit of grilled chicken, and a single bite of pasta salad (I figure one bite won't hurt!!). I had 2 glasses of hot green tea and two glasses of water, as well.
It's my mom's birthday today, so dinner will be out. We don't usually eat out so often - it's only because today is special! Haha. We're going to Naples - an Italian restaurant. I've never eaten there, but I'm thinking I'll have a nice big bowl of minestrone soup. Not sure if I'm going to attempt birthday cake - I may just sing. We'll see.
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #34  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hmmm... ... thinking I'd better revise one thing about my last post. I certainly do have fruit with dairy sometimes, and that's protein. In fact, bananas and milk are supposed to be especially easy to digest together, though bananas are usually easy. I'm not sure FFL says that everyone has a problem digesting proteins with fruits anyway, but after reading I realized I'm definitely one who sometimes does. A fruit at the same time as a meat is courting tummy distress for me! (the reason this would be unfortunate for a DIET specifically, for those who have the problem, is that glitches in digestion, such as our bodies' attempt to digest foods which require opposite stomach acids like fruit and meat do, also slow weight loss. There is literally a slower transit time and the tummy can bloat. That's a phenomenon I can attest, unfortunately. ) Eating the fruit and waitiing as little as 20 minutes until other foods, though, and there's no problem.

Hope the birthdays are happy and so sorry about the death in the family.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:51 AM   #35  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I don't know about you all, but it seems like this has been a long week and it's only Tuesday. I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow, but at the end of the day...girls' night with dinner and pedicures! I am so looking forward to it!

Clykk--I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL.

walking2lose--I agree with you on eating late. For the entire time that I've been losing weight, I've eaten dinner somewhere between 7 PM and 10 PM. For people who go to bed as late as I do, not eating after 7:30 just isn't realistic.

thinny--oh no! what a blow! But as Doughnut says, if your scale has always been ten lbs light, then you've still lost the same amount of weight. And no matter what the scale says, you still dropped the same number of sizes in clothing (another reason to go out a buy some clothes that fit and make you feel good about yourself), your measurements are still what they are, and you still look the same.

greatchoice--I wish I could say the same about my laundry; I love the sight of an empty hamper. I love it even more when the laundry is not only done, but folded and put away! I really have to do some towels tomorrow or I'm gonna have to use an emergency towel at the gym--I hate that!

alinnell--if you are off plan or eating fast food on the weekends, I think that could explain why you are having trouble losing weight. Now that I am down to the midpoint of my BMI (which is where you are at), I find that I really have to be on plan all day, every day to lose weight. Any week where I have more than a meal off plan is a week that I don't lose weight. It also doesn't seem to matter how much exercise I do--when I was sick and couldn't exercise but was eating completely on plan, I lost weight. But during the chocolate covered espresso bean fiasco, when I was exercising at my normally high level, I did not lose weight (and I couldn't have been eating more than 200-400 calories of espresso beans per day, so my calories weren't actually that much higher than when I am on plan).

Kery--Happy Birthday! I never count calories on my birthday and I always have a piece of birthday cake (and if there are leftovers, I have a piece every day until they are gone). There was one year when my SO bought these stupid tart things instead of birthday cake; he was trying do the right thing but man was I ever disappointed.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:15 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.
Today and one more shift and then I'm on holidays! First off ... we're having a get-together on Saturday. No pressure ... family, friends ... hotdogs and ...um ... pop. I need to get the house in order and gather up a few supplies.
Then except for the one shift I have to work because we're short staffed I'm off for about a week. Ah! leisurely walk when I want, grazing eating days!
And for the first time in my life ... they are paid holidays!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:35 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default Bittersweet (not talkin 'bout chocolate)

SusanB Enjoy!!

I am down to 135 lbs. I should be jumping for joy but I received yet another blow from the City last night. Apparently commercial dogwalkers are now regarded as some sort of criminals and they are determined to make us all lose our jobs .

I didn't binge eat after getting the news (via email), probably because DH broke it to me while I was in a kayak . Still didn't eat when we got home. I surprise myself sometimes.

I'm determined now to get down under 130 lbs. for my holiday in NYC as I want to enjoy it as much as possible . It'll probably be the last holiday I can ever afford to go away somewhere.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:48 AM   #38  

Aw Dagmar! Pain in the rear end Sorry to hear that.

I have major exam results due tomorrow (A levels for any Brits reading this ;-) ) and I'm predicted AAA so if I get less I will be..my perfectionism will make my life unbearable.

The dumb thing is that I've been offered an UNconditional place for a 2 year intensive Psychology degree programme at a good local private university, so it doesn't matter AT ALL what I get, they wanted me on interview alone (head swells slightly, sorry ;-) )

But for the sake of my personal pride I want that AAA...I NEED that AAA..

Less than 24 hrs to wait now..
emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dagmar~so sorry to hear about your job, but WTG on your weight!

Susan~wow, a week off! How lovely!

Emily~good luck on your tests!

Barbara~I think you're right. I'm going to be really good this weekend and stay away from fast food. Next weekend will be fairly easy to do, also. I'm meeting a bunch of girls (and labradors) from a lab chat board that I belong to. We're all meeting in Temecula and bringing food and drink to share. It should be fun.

DH is still sick today and he has once again headed home, so it will be a long, quiet day today. DD's jaw feels better today.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #40  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday Kery!

SusanB enjoy your time off!

Dagmar I hope that you’re able to keep your job.

Emily, good luck with your exam results.

It’s almost lunch time for me. Time for me to go on my walk (more like a stroll) and get out of the office for a little bit. When I get back I’ll have the grilled chicken and fruit I brought for lunch.

Yesterday I went to the gym and did weights – arms & shoulders – as well as 30 min. on the elliptical. Today I’ll get on the elliptical again, then I’ll probably do some more weights.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:23 PM   #41  

I had a fun time for my mom's birthday!
I did get my minestrone soup (although, it was loaded w/ cheese and croutons. I removed about half the croutons), but I also had a fried raviolli and a small piece of bread w/ garlic butter, as well as a few bites of cake.
But all in all, it wasn't so terrible. I don't think I gained any weight from it :-)

Today, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. The only bad thing about living at home is that it's hard to plan your days, since dinner is pretty much whatever everyone else wants!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #42  
Doing this for me!

Good Evening All!

I did pretty well again today! (W00T!)
M1: 100% bran cereal with skim milk and peaches (but I didn't finish it, since I was in a rush)
M2: 5 almonds and an apple
M3: tuna salad (FF mayo) on 1/2 pita, 1 plum, large chunk of cucumber
M4: 5 almonds and a handful of blueberries
M5: chopped up veggie burger, zucchini, cauliflower, salsa and a bit of yogurt...again, only ate half of it. Wasn't that hungry.
Guilty Snack: 60 cal hershey stick
M6: probably some fruit and a fat free pudding cup. I'm not really supposed to have the pudding cup because its not sugar free...but I feel the need for chocolate today. I had a crappy day at work.

Dagmar - sorry to hear about the job troubles But congratulations on not turning to food, and on losing another pound!

Emily - good luck with those results! Waiting is the worst part

Valentine - good job resisting temptation at your Mom's birthday!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #43  

Thanks!
Today, I got lots of fresh fruit and veggies from a local produce stand. It was an awesome day...I probably had about 7 servings of fruit and vegetables!
And they taste AMAZING!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #44  
Doing this for me!

mmm yummy! I love farm fresh fruits and veggies!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:55 PM   #45  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good evening

Oh my God Allison, you must be toasting out there! I went to Loma Linda Hospital to visit a friend whose daughter is there all week for tests and it was 111 degrees (ok, enough graphics I suppose!!).

I didn't eat too much today either. I guess I was just on the run too much and then the heat. I weigh in tomorrow (on my own).

Not much else going on here. I'm still feeling munchy for sweet things but I've managed to contain myself (for the most part! ).

Talk to you all later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote