Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #61  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Been off plan in many ways these past 3 days. We were at the cemetary today as my MIL was being buried. It has been a time of coming together of my DH's side of the family. There has been more communication in his family then there has been in a long time. Nice to see them coming together and supporting each other.

I have still been exercising, but haven't been thinking about what I put in my mouth and what I don't. Hopefully, I will feel ready to get back OP soon, but I am being patient with myself.

Thank you for all the condolences. It's pretty nice having a whole new group of friends that I didn't have a mere 1 and a half months ago!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:23 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Unhappy a sad time for you

Take care of yourself Carolyn . I'm amazed that you're still exercising through what must be a terribly sad time and I hope it makes you feel a bit better. And you're so right to give yourself permission to not care about being OP right now - you've got grieving of your own to do and I imagine your DH needs a lot of support from you as well.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #63  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Yay, it's Friday! I have a very busy day today scheduled at work, but I'm determined to make it to the gym for leg day. Luckily, it's cooler today, which will make squats in my new, non-airconditioned gym (did I mention it's a step down?) tolerable. Mostly.

Have a great day, everyone! I'll catch you on the downside...

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I haven't been here in a while

Carolyn~ sorry to hear about your loss

dagmar~ That sucks about the city doing that. A friend of mines family has show dogs so i know how well behave show dogs are. I guess it owould be hard for thenm to pin point all the bad ones in their eyes it would take too long.

I was talking to friend of mine in corwall last night she is makinf me want to move there lol. If I had the funds to pick up and go I would be there. It is cheaper cost of living there then here in New Brunswick.lol

I went to see a school and I do my entrence test this week.

I am still 129 but i was back to 132 so I am happy to see 129 again.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:57 AM   #65  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default Checkin' In

Well, I'm going to give eating OP a shot today. My DH and I had a great chat last night before bed. It helped to hear his thoughts on his Mom and his family.

Today is a Main Course Salad Day which means fruit until dinner. I am going out to the Old Mill for dinner and music tonight so I doubt the main course salad for dinner will be what I have, but I can try to keep it close by asking for my order to be modified so I get more veggies then anything. For those who live in T.O., if you get a chance to see Pretzel Logic perform one day, do it! That who is at The Old Mill tonight. They are a Steely Dan tribute band which is some very challenging music to perform.

Have an OP day, everyone!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Here's a for Carolyn.

Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike housework? I just need to declutter, dust, sweep and wipe a few things before folks start coming tomorrow, but there's lots of other things I'd rather do.
I think, for a break, I'll go buy some party supplies some time this morning.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Buddy is about the same today. He threw up last night after we let him drink too much water. We have to hand feed him and he won't eat anything that he has to chew. This morning, I hand fed him 1/4 of oatmeal. He seemed to enjoy that.

I forgot to eat breakfast yesterday and my other meals were quite small. I'm sure I was way too low on calories, but at least I dropped a pound! It can't be water weight, either--I drank water like a fish (as usual).

So it's Friday, lunch out with DH. I had a light breakfast to allow for a few extra calories at lunch. I don't want to blow the 1 pound loss!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Allison If Buddy's eyes are still rolling around then the world is still spinning and he's still nauseous. Kaya's eyes kept going to one side for about 3 days and then they started to normalize. I gave her ice to lick instead of the water and that helped hydrate her without the vomiting. I couldn't get her to eat anything but she always was a picker. Plain boiled white rice is usually really good and very easy on the stomach and digestive system. A little broth on top makes it a bit more interesting too.

Hope he's feeling a little less "seasick" this weekend.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dagmar~I know rice is good for the tummy for dogs and humans, but for some reason, my dogs won't eat it--even if I fix it with broth. That's why I tried the oatmeal instead. Anyway, we're giving him small amounts of food throughout the day and he does eat ice cubes from time to time (no more large amounts of water!!). I sure hope he snaps out of it in a couple of days. It's sad to see him like this.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #70  

My great-grandma died today. I found out she was placed in hospice yesterday. So...I haven't really paid any attention to what I ate the last couple days.
And I'm getting really frustrated, because my mom has been gossiping about me on the phone to her best friend for a couple hours like I can't hear her. And no one will tell me what we're doing for dinner, so I just ate a bunch of snack food (We usually eat at 5:30ish, and it's 6 and there's no meal food in the house). Now I find out we're going out to dinner, and I just ate a pluot, cheese and toast, and an animal cracker. *sigh*
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #71  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Back again,

New job [O Finally!], DH got injured, starting to downsize all our stuff for the upcoming move, etc, etc.

The good news is: I haven't gained any weight and I've kept up with the exercise. The bad news is: I haven't lost any weight either. But--I'm on plan today with time to hit the internet!

My condolences to Clykk and Valentine...take good care of yourselves!

My two tiny Irish Jacks got into a major Girl Fight 2 days ago and now I'm watching for developments on the loser's injury. Usually my Dog First Aid skills are adequate but we're going to the vet tomorrow if things look shaky. I guess if you're built for chasing nasty rats into holes, you're only too capable of a nasty nip to your crate mate!

Onward!
cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:00 PM   #72  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

ValentineNicole - I'm sorry about your great-grandma. When I was born one of my great-grandmothers was still alive. She lived until I was 18. She was in her 80's when she passed away.

Dagmar, I'm sorry that some dogwalkers messed it up for the rest of you. I hope that everything works out and you end up being able to keep your job.

I'm going to the Finger Lakes tomorrow morning with 2 friends. We'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday. We'll be taking a tour of at least one winery. And sampling some wine, of course! There are more than a dozen wineries in Keuka Lake, which is where we'll be.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:04 PM   #73  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Hi Everyone!

Wow, it sounds like things have been crazy for everybody the last few days...

Carolyn and Valentine - you're both in my thoughts

Allison: Give Buddy a hug from me! Poor little guy. I hope that he feels better soon.

Cuppa - I hope your girls are okay!

I had a pretty good day today. My boss took us all out for lunch, and I had a tuna melt with garden salad...probably more calories and fat than I should have had, but I'll go easy tomorrow, and hopefully it will all balance out At least I avoided the more unhealthy choices!! I also did a 4K interval run today, which went pretty well
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #74  

to everyone
Thank you for your condolences. She lived a good, long life and passed away at the age of 94.

I'm going to give myself the weekend to just do what I need to do, and hop back on track come Monday.
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:46 AM   #75  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

OK, everyone, up and at 'em! It's 6:41, and time to get cracking. C'mon, wakey wakey, rise n shine!

Just thought I'd channel your mother for you.

Me, I have about 2 hours before The Boy can be rousted. I'm going to spend it on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book. Only first I have to unpack the tea. And the mugs. And the good book. Oh, and move the couch down from storage, which requires DH. Ah, well, it was a nice thought anyway.

If I'm giddy this morning it's because the scale read 140.0. 140.0! I haven't weighed this little in, gads, 10 years, easy. I won't change my ticker yet in case it's one of those localized and temporary flukes of gravity that only the radio waves from an electronic scale can generate, but it's still enough to make my morning.

Hope your mornings are equally pleasant, in their own ways.

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote