Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Featherweights Planning and Chat June 17 - 24

Good Morning! Last week's thread was again very up, positive and successful. What's up for this week? Outdoor activities? Beautiful early summer produce? Grilling?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Hi!
Wasn't sure what the group did when you hadn't put the group post up. How do I delete two postings that are not longer needed . i will definitely leave this to you from now on but have a question - what does the ggroup do when you're away?
Thanks,
Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #3  

I'm not sure ... I'll ask to have some of these removed. Let's just continue on with that one of yours. I've already posted in it. OK?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Red face Sorry for all the confusion

Let's contiue with this one. Everyone associates your name with this post and I've found a way to get people to ignore the other two - I think.

Can you tell I was a little anxious this morning? Of course you wouldn't be posting before 6 a.m. Only demented people get up that early (that would be me ) . DH was supposed to call me Sunday night when he got back from his "boys" weekend and didn't. I didn't sleep much, envisioning him somehwere in a huge car accident (it was a boys 'n beers weekend) so the dog and I started fooling around on the net around 5 a.m.

Won't do that again! Poor impulse control! At least I wasn't eating!!! And DH was fine when I called to wake him up at 7 this a.m. I will "kill" him tonite I think - just relieved he's ok for now.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:21 AM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

rrrrr Dagmar MEN!!! I remember once early in my 1st pregnancy dh forgot to tell me about a bachelor party he was going to after work. He MAY have told me about it weeks before in a vague sort of way. i.e. "We'll be taking Tom out after work one of these days"

Anyway, all I could do was sit home envisioning him in a wreck and I had all of these pregnancy hormones flooding me. I was a sobbing sack of tissue by the time he got home.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I didnt get my run in this morning. ds was a major PITA last night. wouldnt settle until after 10 and then was up from 3-4 am.

Otherwise things are going well, except my farm coop had rhubarb last week so I HAD to make a pie. My sister and her family were supposed to be here last night to help us eat it but didnt get in until after 10 so went straight to the hotel
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM   #7  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I went off plan over the weekend, had a birthday to celebrate with friends at the beach (and s'moring by a bonfire) followed by me making a seafood dinner for Father's Day (seafood stew, crab cakes, salmon fillet, grilled scallops) -- nothing grossly fattening, but not particularly healthy either.

Anyways, getting back on track today, hopefully I'll make some leeway on the scale before July 4th (and 10 days later, my birthday) creep on up.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I have a new pool to try out this week so I'm pretty excited. One of the local high schools opens their pool for public lap swimming for six weeks over the summer and it starts today. My regular pool is a 30 min drive without traffic and only has lap swimming for a few hours a day, whereas this pool is only 10 minutes from my house and the lap swim hours are more convenient. I have high hopes for it--I'm trying it our tomorrow.

I had a terrible disappointment this weekend. While grocery shopping, I noticed that Trader Joe's sells dark chocolate bars in packs of three. The nutritional info said that 1 package was a total of 230 calories. Assuming a "package" meant all three bars--because they were packaged together--I got really excited. These were decent sized bars of chocolate; I could definitely eat just one at a time (a third of the package and only about 80 calories)! But when I got it home, I realized that a "package" referred to just one bar. So one bar is 230 calories and I can only eat about a third or fourth of it at a time. Boy was I ever bummed! At least I figured it out before I ate a whole bar!

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 06-18-2007 at 04:35 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #9  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Dagmar, if I had something to say and the thread wasn't up yet, I'd post. Yes, I associate Susan with the first post but we're all in this together and would just think it would be no problem. Your thread would have been fine to me.

I did not lose an entire pound but just a half. So can't change my ticker yet. The Father's Day weekend was very stressful. I'm making notes to myself about next year - mainly that if it's dad's day the kids should treat him while I fold my hands and relax. I see no reason why I should stress! Barely was able to do something for my own dad, and dh only called his.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Susan, sorry about the calories in the chocolate. I have a story about chocolate myself. I keep a few large bars of dark chocolate in the fridge for those times when I need a little sweet something. I usually eat just one square at a time. I wanted one yesterday after lunch and you know what? I didn't enjoy it. It's really expensive chocolate and it used to taste good, but for some reason it didn't this time. I'm thinking my taste buds are trying to tell me to stay away from it!!! (LOL at least I'm convincing myself that!).

Back on the diet track today. I will lose the last few pounds! Don't look at my ticker as it is not correct, but I'll let you all know when I'm back to ticker weight (hoping for Friday!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #11  

My starting the new thread is just another symptom of my obsession with 3FC. It doesn't matter who starts. I hope folks don't assiciate it with me ... I want them to assiciate it with those of us who are "almost there".

I bought granola bars once that were like Barbara's chocolate. There were two thin bars in each 'individual' packet. The nutritional info was for one bar, not the packet.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6

Yikes! I went off plan this weekend and the scale jumped up to 152 this morning (hopefully water gain!!!...not moving ticker just yet). I had hamburgers, cheesesticks, several fattening snacks AND sweetened drinks!!!! time to get back on plan!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Me too! I gained, by the scale, FIVE POUNDS between Friday morning and this morning! And Friday was on-plan!

I have been sucking water like a madwoman all day to try to flush this weight away. . .

I'm with you, alinell - ticker by FRIDAY, dadgummit! We can do it - I know we can!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 138

Height: 5'5"

Hi Mich, I am 12/12/1970!! We are the same age. As last weeks Diet soda comment. Here is a website http://www.newstarget.com/NutraSweet.html

I can not take nutrsweet. I never had a diet soda until last yr when I tried to lose weight. I had horrible migraines. I have read some other nasty stuff too. Like people who feel likethey have achiness and no energy being linked to it. This site says it stimulates hunger.

Got alot acomplished today but ate only a 1/2 bagel and 3 bacon strips now I am starving. I always do this. Now I will want to eat and sleep. TTYL
Angela1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Must be the way the planets are lined up that so many had a feeding frenzy w/e.
I was doing so well all week....til Thursday and then I just lost it
Just snowballed along, yesterday was an all day snack fest.
Certainly didn't get away with it. The scale leapt up 5lbs and I am feeling max. girth!!!
I was trying on clothes today to get myself 'scared straight'.
Nothing like bad lighting and warped mirrors to bring one back to reality.

I have been just short of saintly today - will see if I can keep it up.
Best to all the rest of you who are struggling.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote