3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Planning and Chat June 17 - 24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/115491-featherweights-planning-chat-june-17-24-a.html)

srmb60 06-18-2007 06:05 AM

Featherweights Planning and Chat June 17 - 24

Good Morning! Last week's thread was again very up, positive and successful. What's up for this week? Outdoor activities? Beautiful early summer produce? Grilling?

Mudpie 06-18-2007 06:08 AM

Hi!
Wasn't sure what the group did when you hadn't put the group post up. How do I delete :o two postings that are not longer needed :o. i will definitely leave this to you from now on but have a question - what does the ggroup do when you're away?
Thanks,
Dagmar

srmb60 06-18-2007 06:13 AM

I'm not sure ... I'll ask to have some of these removed. Let's just continue on with that one of yours. I've already posted in it. OK?

Mudpie 06-18-2007 08:42 AM

Sorry for all the confusion

Let's contiue with this one. Everyone associates your name with this post and I've found a way to get people to ignore the other two - I think.

Can you tell I was a little anxious this morning? Of course you wouldn't be posting before 6 a.m. Only demented people get up that early (that would be me ;)) . DH was supposed to call me Sunday night when he got back from his "boys" weekend and didn't. I didn't sleep much, envisioning him somehwere in a huge car accident (it was a boys 'n beers weekend) so the dog and I started fooling around on the net around 5 a.m.

Won't do that again! Poor impulse control! At least I wasn't eating!!! And DH was fine when I called to wake him up at 7 this a.m. I will "kill" him tonite I think - just relieved he's ok for now.

Dagmar :cool:

ennay 06-18-2007 11:21 AM

rrrrr Dagmar MEN!!! I remember once early in my 1st pregnancy dh forgot to tell me about a bachelor party he was going to after work. He MAY have told me about it weeks before in a vague sort of way. i.e. "We'll be taking Tom out after work one of these days"

Anyway, all I could do was sit home envisioning him in a wreck and I had all of these pregnancy hormones flooding me. I was a sobbing sack of tissue by the time he got home.

ennay 06-18-2007 11:25 AM

I didnt get my run in this morning. ds was a major PITA last night. wouldnt settle until after 10 and then was up from 3-4 am. :yawn:

Otherwise things are going well, except my farm coop had rhubarb last week so I HAD to make a pie. My sister and her family were supposed to be here last night to help us eat it but didnt get in until after 10 so went straight to the hotel

AquaWarlock 06-18-2007 12:50 PM

I went off plan over the weekend, had a birthday to celebrate with friends at the beach (and s'moring by a bonfire) followed by me making a seafood dinner for Father's Day (seafood stew, crab cakes, salmon fillet, grilled scallops) -- nothing grossly fattening, but not particularly healthy either.

Anyways, getting back on track today, hopefully I'll make some leeway on the scale before July 4th (and 10 days later, my birthday) creep on up.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

BlueToBlue 06-18-2007 01:14 PM

I have a new pool to try out this week so I'm pretty excited. :swim: One of the local high schools opens their pool for public lap swimming for six weeks over the summer and it starts today. My regular pool is a 30 min drive without traffic and only has lap swimming for a few hours a day, whereas this pool is only 10 minutes from my house and the lap swim hours are more convenient. I have high hopes for it--I'm trying it our tomorrow. :goodvibes

I had a terrible disappointment this weekend. While grocery shopping, I noticed that Trader Joe's sells dark chocolate bars in packs of three. The nutritional info said that 1 package was a total of 230 calories. Assuming a "package" meant all three bars--because they were packaged together--I got really excited. These were decent sized bars of chocolate; I could definitely eat just one at a time (a third of the package and only about 80 calories)! But when I got it home, I realized that a "package" referred to just one bar. So one bar is 230 calories and I can only eat about a third or fourth of it at a time. Boy was I ever bummed! :( At least I figured it out before I ate a whole bar!

Whittlin 06-18-2007 02:02 PM

Dagmar, if I had something to say and the thread wasn't up yet, I'd post. Yes, I associate Susan with the first post but we're all in this together and would just think it would be no problem. Your thread would have been fine to me.

I did not lose an entire pound but just a half. So can't change my ticker yet. The Father's Day weekend was very stressful. I'm making notes to myself about next year - mainly that if it's dad's day the kids should treat him while I fold my hands and relax. I see no reason why I should stress! Barely was able to do something for my own dad, and dh only called his.

alinnell 06-18-2007 02:19 PM

Susan, sorry about the calories in the chocolate. I have a story about chocolate myself. I keep a few large bars of dark chocolate in the fridge for those times when I need a little sweet something. I usually eat just one square at a time. I wanted one yesterday after lunch and you know what? I didn't enjoy it. It's really expensive chocolate and it used to taste good, but for some reason it didn't this time. I'm thinking my taste buds are trying to tell me to stay away from it!!! (LOL at least I'm convincing myself that!).

Back on the diet track today. I will lose the last few pounds! Don't look at my ticker as it is not correct, but I'll let you all know when I'm back to ticker weight (hoping for Friday!).

srmb60 06-18-2007 04:07 PM

My starting the new thread is just another symptom of my obsession with 3FC. It doesn't matter who starts. I hope folks don't assiciate it with me ... I want them to assiciate it with those of us who are "almost there".

I bought granola bars once that were like Barbara's chocolate. There were two thin bars in each 'individual' packet. The nutritional info was for one bar, not the packet.

michelinwoman 06-18-2007 04:30 PM

Yikes! I went off plan this weekend and the scale jumped up to 152 this morning (hopefully water gain!!!...not moving ticker just yet). I had hamburgers, cheesesticks, several fattening snacks AND sweetened drinks!!!! time to get back on plan!

Su-Bee 06-18-2007 04:45 PM

Me too! I gained, by the scale, FIVE POUNDS between Friday morning and this morning! And Friday was on-plan!

I have been sucking water like a madwoman all day to try to flush this weight away. . .

I'm with you, alinell - ticker by FRIDAY, dadgummit! We can do it - I know we can!

Angela1970 06-18-2007 07:45 PM

Hi Mich, I am 12/12/1970!! We are the same age. As last weeks Diet soda comment. Here is a website http://www.newstarget.com/NutraSweet.html

I can not take nutrsweet. I never had a diet soda until last yr when I tried to lose weight. I had horrible migraines. I have read some other nasty stuff too. Like people who feel likethey have achiness and no energy being linked to it. This site says it stimulates hunger. :(

Got alot acomplished today but ate only a 1/2 bagel and 3 bacon strips now I am starving. I always do this. Now I will want to eat and sleep. TTYL :)

sznn 06-18-2007 08:26 PM

Must be the way the planets are lined up that so many had a feeding frenzy w/e.
I was doing so well all week....til Thursday and then I just lost it :eek:
Just snowballed along, yesterday was an all day snack fest.
Certainly didn't get away with it. The scale leapt up 5lbs and I am feeling max. girth!!!
I was trying on clothes today to get myself 'scared straight'.
Nothing like bad lighting and warped mirrors to bring one back to reality.

I have been just short of saintly today - will see if I can keep it up.
Best to all the rest of you who are struggling.

-S

cuppajoe 06-18-2007 09:44 PM

:D:D:D

:carrot: I LOST 4 POUNDS!!!!!!! :carrot:

O HAPPY DAY!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::

Cuppa

Whittlin 06-18-2007 10:18 PM

Cuppa, I'm so happy for you! And did I see by a previous post that you are about to have a significant b-day? I wanted to tell you that I recently turned 51, after a one-year commitment to better health. I wasn't losing weight all that time, but did start in Aug. Anyway, you see the ticker! If I can do it at 50, so can you!

Mudpie 06-19-2007 05:48 AM

WHOOHOO cuppajoe

:bravo: cuppa 4 lbs is so significant! Indicates a real loss, not just water/bloat etc. Awesome! :woohoo:

What is it about turning 50? I did so back in March and almost immediately started planning my diet to lose that "extra 15" I've been carrying for over a year.

I also have a time limit that I haven't wanted to put into "print" until now. I'm going on holiday to New York City in October as my 50th birthday gift to myself. That's when I want to be thinnest. Just to look my best in the place I love best for holidays.

And then I want to stay within 3 lbs. of that pretty well for the rest of my life.

Dagmar

srmb60 06-19-2007 06:16 AM

Morning all! Go Cuppa! That's great!

Nothing new this morning. Gotta go to work ... ho hum ...

Su-Bee 06-19-2007 09:12 AM

Yay Cuppa! That is AWESOME!

I managed to drop my 5 lb. weight gain, plus another fraction of a pound from where I was on Friday. . .not gonna lie, though, I am still a few lbs. above ticker weight, and would LOVE to get that off this week so I can start really LOSING again!

abbyin 06-19-2007 09:34 AM

Good morning ladies :wave:

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I am having a good morning. I stepped on the scale this morning and am down 1 lb :goodscale . Actually I have been down for the last couple of days so I moved my ticker this morning. It's good to see that ticker finally moving again.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan.

Have a great day!

Kery 06-19-2007 09:55 AM

Hi, I'm usually not very talented at keeping up with weekly threads, but I will try. :)

Cuppa - Grats, that's a nice loss!

Barbara (and the other 230-cals servings victims) - I absolutely HATE when they pull that stunt. "They" being the people who conceive the packages, but I have no idea of who they are. It's so easy to get mistaking, and since the size of a "serving" has gone completely FUBAR these days anyway, more and more often I find you can't trust those things... At least we're somehow lucky in France, our packages give the calories for both a serving and for 100g, so at worst we can simply weight food if we're not sure. But this sure doesn't 'excuse' anything!

alinnell 06-19-2007 12:25 PM

WTG Cups!!!!

I made it through day 1 of my "re-diet" (that's what I'm calling it). Not too shabby, almost 1500 calories, will shoot for lower today.

AquaWarlock 06-19-2007 12:27 PM

Cuppa Nice! 20% of your goal achieved!

This morning I had an egg white omelet with chicken sausage, spinach, avocado & cheddar cheese, with whole wheat toast & "new" potatoes (sauteed with onions and bell peppers) had half of everything and boxed the rest for a breakfast later on. So full right now so I guess I can do a lighter lunch & dinner. Also did some weights exercise this morning so hopefully my protein-plenty breakfast will be put to good use in rebuilding muscles :)

EDIT/UPDATE: Changed my current goal to something more time-pressing (it used to be 135-goal weight-by end of 2007), I find myself going into the mindset of "Oh, I have half a year to work on this" which leads to me to think it's OK to go off plan (haven't done so yet, but I don't like having that kind of mindset), so decided to shift my goals to something a bit more current. If I can lose 4 pounds in a little less than a month, great! If not, it's not something I'm going to beat myself up over.

canadian mom 06-19-2007 01:22 PM

congrats to all the losers this week !!!

Mudpie 06-19-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadian mom (Post 1739166)
congrats to all the losers this week !!!

You're all WINNERS! :D

srmb60 06-19-2007 07:54 PM

Hi everybody! I took my neice out for her half-birthday this evening. Did not eat on plan but it was fun! Everybody should spend some time with a sporty 12 1/2 y o once in a while.

srmb60 06-20-2007 06:24 AM

Morning!

I was thinking about Sweet Talker (Dana) ... anybody know where she's been?

AnnRue 06-20-2007 06:45 AM

Ok so I finally figured out what this thread was for. Yesterday my boss took us all out to lunch. I think I did ok but it sure wasn't a diet day. I had a burger. Hopefully I can get back on track today.

Ann 214/175/155

Mudpie 06-20-2007 08:04 AM

burgers aren't bad

It's all the stuff that goes on top of them and the bun. Most fast food chains now offer healthier burgers. I try to order one of those or just get a plain burger with lettuce and tomato and eat it open-faced (throw the top half of the bun away or take it home for doggie snax in my case :p).

The fries are what do me in. I usually just don't get any and snitch a couple from DH, although I suspect you couldn't do that with your co-workers or boss ;)

Mudpie 06-20-2007 08:13 AM

TV-free for a week

I've haven't turned the TV on once since I've been at this dog sit - a record 7 days - and so haven't been eating in the evening after dinner, except for one snack before the final dog walk. Hope I've broken the habit of TV/overeating in the evening. Is it 3 weeks to break a habit? :?:

I've been reading for about an hour just before bed (in bed actually to avoid any contact with food) and I'm curious to see if I've lost any weight at my next weigh in next Tuesday. No scale here so won't know 'til then.

I've also set myself a mini-goal to drop down to 135 by the end of July - 5 lbs. in about 5 weeks. EAT MORE SALAD!!!

canadian mom 06-20-2007 08:22 AM

I've been snacking at night also it is on healthy things but still eating too much I think. I have not been using fit day for a few weeks I think it is time to satrt tracking my cals again for a bit.

Su-Bee 06-20-2007 08:57 AM

I am back to ticker weight! Woo-hoo!

Of course, since I originally moved my ticker to this weight (back in OCTOBER), this is the THIRD time I have gained a bit, touched ticker weight, gained a bit, touched ticker weight, without ever seeing that elusive 144. . .all three times, I've been at 145.0, too.

If I am REALLY, REALLY good today, God, can I PLEEEEEEEEASE see 144 tomorrow?!

alinnell 06-20-2007 10:34 AM

Sue~WTG on getting to ticker weight!!

Dagmar~good luck on those 5 pounds.

I've been on plan for another day--yesterday was about 1500 calories. Well, it's still more than I wanted to be eating, but it's still good. I'm trying to log everything into fitday to keep myself from cheating. I think today will be the best day--DD won't be home for dinner so I'm planning a nice omelet. Other than that, I have a sack full of fresh veggies and fruit to get me through the work day.

Anybody have a good way to get rid of gnats???? We seem to have a lot of them in the grass and gardens outside our office and they follow people it and then fly around your head all day. It's really maddening!!! The gardeners came today and really stirred things up and I've got about 3 or 4 in my office that are driving me crazy!

BlueToBlue 06-20-2007 01:08 PM

I am two days into what will hopefully be a perfectly on plan week (after a not so perfect week last week). So far so good and I'm down a couple of lbs.

It looks like the new pool is going to work out. :swim: I went yesterday and although they only have two lanes set aside for lap swim, there were only a couple of us swimming, so it worked out fine. The pool is not as nice as my regular pool but the water was warm and the sun was shining. Who can ask for more that? If I go once a week, maybe I'll even pick up a little color this summer (although probably not that much with my 45 SPF sun block). :beach:

Alinnel - Gnats are so annoying. We have a lot of them too (my SO has a tendency to overwater our gazillion houseplants, which makes them a highly desirable place for gnats to breed) and they are really hard to get rid of (the gnats, not the houseplants, although I'd like to get rid of the houseplants too but that's a different problem ;)). You can buy yellow strips of cardboard that are coated with a sticky substance at your hardware store (or you could try coating a yellow piece of paper with vasoline). Hang these up around the office. The gnats will be attracted to the yellow and then will get stuck on the paper. It does work if you can get past having these yellow pieces of paper with dead gnats stuck to them hanging around. :p If you have houseplants in your office, put a layer of sand on top of the soil to keep them from breeding in it.

Doughnut 06-20-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanB (Post 1740077)
Morning!

I was thinking about Sweet Talker (Dana) ... anybody know where she's been?

I've been wondering about Sweet talker too. I think she did some exams and we haven't seen her since. Gone home for the summer maybe? Also wondering how Sodiumlightbaby's doing but she kind of floats in and out.

I had a bad week last week but stayed at 144.6 so not too bad. I'm struggling with hunger this week but doing better calorie wise - don't even bother asking about exercise.

Oh well, need to keep plodding on. 3 weeks today I'll be in swimming costume - God help the poor Greeks.

alinnell 06-20-2007 02:03 PM

Speaking of MIA people, Jen (2frus) sure has been in Spain for a long time.....

Mudpie 06-20-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doughnut (Post 1740688)
3 weeks today I'll be in swimming costume - God help the poor Greeks.

I used to live in Greektown - they love voluptuous women. You will be hit upon everywhere you go, particularly if you are voluptuous and blonde!

michelinwoman 06-20-2007 05:10 PM

Moving my ticker back down....must have been water weight afterall!!!

Mudpie 06-20-2007 05:15 PM

The right decision?

Just made a medium-size life decision that would have sent me running to the grocery store for the cookies a month ago.

We have new policies/regulations coming in from the City regarding "professional" dog walkers. One is that we will be fined and finally have our work permits revoked if we walk unlicensed dogs.

I usually substitute for one walker for the summer and make about $800 cash for it. Not a small sum to me. However, the owner of these dogs is adamantly refusing to license them. I can see his point and asked for a compromise instead. He didn't even bother responding. Also he was an a**hole about paying me last year, took the dogs away for a week without informing me, etc. etc.

So I called my friend and told her to get someone else to walk the dogs. Was my self-respect and integrity worth $800? YES.

I did then head for the grocery store ;) but I got the equipment necessary to start making and taking ice tea along with me to work instead of diet pop. I did cave and got a small package of snack-size rice cakes but that was 200 calories, well within my snack budget.

Dagmar :cool: :cool: