Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:28 AM   #31  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Ok, so work today took me to the Kodak theater where I was on public relations business related to, you guessed it, American Idol. I didn't follow this season at all -- so imagine my *lack of* surprise when Blake Lewis walked right past me w/o me making so much a facial gesture until I saw screaming fans stampeding after him.

But overall it went well, and actually there's a part two to this AI related publicity on Thursday, so I'll keep you all in the know (well, as much as someone who *doesn't* know can.)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:21 AM   #32  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I have a friend who had severe sciatic pain for years. It got so bad that she was literally unable to sit for any length of time. She had to go on disability from work because she was unable to drive or sit at a desk. It got a little better once she stopped working and then she got pregnant. I can't quite remember how the pregnancy helped her doctor figure this out, but it turns out that she had a huge tumor in her abdomen area--seriously, it was like the size of a softball by the time they found it! It was benign, but no wonder she had been in so much pain.

So far so good for me on the butt pain. I took it a little easy for my workout today.

Aquawarlock, I have to admit I have no idea who Blake Lewis is. One of the American Idol contestants? So far I've managed to avoid getting sucked into American Idol (Lord knows I watch enough other TV). What sort of PR are you doing for AI? Do you do PR for other TV shows?

Walking--you can do it! Right around the start of the 21-day challenge, I reduced my calories to 1200-1300 per day. I finally decided I needed to buckle down and get the holiday pounds off. It has made a big difference. I've starting losing again and my clothes are definitely fitting better (except for one pair of pants that is now too big)!

alinnell--good luck with your event! It's a lot of work to put something like that together!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:58 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up So hard to lose

So hard to lose, so easy to gain back. Doesn't seem fair does it?

I am down a pound from the two I gained back last week

Mini goal for June 13 (concert night, our first night out in a looong time) is to get under and stay under 140 lbs. I was going to say 135 but that's not realistic given the time frame. I want to take the weight off slowly and keep it off.

Dagmar (love that "dancing baloney" - a hi-tech IT term that my buddy Mark uses in writing HTML)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

About the challenge ... I really want to stress that I really didn't do very well. Almost everyday I step outside the boundaries. But ya know what? It worked any way.
1. it reminded me of the importance of tracking and actually assessing what I'd tracked.
2. it encouraged me to exercise more regularly and with intensity.
3. I had something to go back to. Even if I veered off, I had ?? days to try to correct my variance. One messed up meal could not possibly ruin the whole 21 days.
4. 21 days was long. I think I'd do 14 next time I wanted a kickin'. That way fitday will give me a nice asessment without doing any math.

I have talked to a couple of the folks who started ... it's not that they couldn't do what they'd set out to do ... it's that they stopped.

Both DH and I have physicals this afternoon. I'm really going to push for all the copies of things I can get my hands on. And I would like for us to plan from there. We'll see what he thinks about that
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #35  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

The days just seem to go by so fast. I blink and they're over. So much for the June goal! *sigh*
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #36  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Ok, so that was bad. I don't give up yet! I just need to get active. This whole knee pain thing just got me down. I've never been so stupid before to run in ratty shoes. I should have known better!

Aqua--Well, that's still cool. I'm a sometimes Idol watcher, but my favs were kicked off (LaKisha and Melinda). I never liked Blake...still don't. But I can't say much, cause I didn't vote at all anyways.
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #37  

Height: 5'6

Midearth: I AM measuring under my boobs and it is very depressing...it measures a 33. If I am only adding 5", I guess that would make me a 38 huh? (but the boob measurement is a 38 also?!) I guess I just don't get it. that is a 5" difference which would be like an F.....

Ennay: I have on a 36 B right now and have a little bit of bra overhang.

Aquawarlock: I'm so jealous! I have always wanted to go to an AI finale. I was a Melinda fan, but now am rooting for Jordan.

Allison: My in-laws used to do white dove releases at weddings. They say in most of the African-American weddings they were hired (probably hundreds), the wedding actually starts about 1 1/2 - 2 hours after the invitation states. They found this so common that they started coming late (as it really messed up their entire dove release schedule for the other weddings that started on time). Maybe it was a cultural thing.

As for me, I am only late when no one is affected by it. I think I spend half my life waiting on other people. I feel for you. Just think...if you are the late one, your person is waiting on you and may have already ordered your drink, etc. It is very relaxing for them. We have a friend who I really don't like to meet for dinner because he is SOO late every time. We end up waiting about 30-50 minutes (with several phone calls in between of why he is going to be a "few" minutes late). It is so frustrating!

I walked again today (about 2 1/2 miles). That makes Mon, Tues and Wed this week! It is supposed to be about 87 degrees here today and is already so humid it made for a hard walk. My walking buddy has lost 2 lbs since she began....I gained 2 (hopefully water). I caught a glimpse of myself in the bank security monitor the other day while waiting in line. Maybe that was the motivation I needed....I have been fooling myself into thinking I don't look "fat" yet, but the woman in the monitor looked like she needed to lose about 25 lbs! Hopefully the heat will decrease my appetite.
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I think I found a thing at Victoria's Secret about "what to change because this is happening with your old bra" ... ya know? if the band slips up your back then you need to ...

Let me see if I can find it.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/brag...tting_room.cfm
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #39  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

The only reason I have any idea who Blake Lewis is (and that is the first time I heard his last name) is that he sang the anthem at a Mariners game
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 138

Height: 5'5"

To everyone with sciatic pain: been there, done that! I used to have extreme pain when I sat for too long (like on a car ride). I'd been scanned (MRI) but it didn't show anything like a ruptured disk. Anyway, for whatever reason, the pain has gone away--I can't even remember the last time I had it! And it was BAD! I'd have pain from my lower back radiating down my butt and around to the front of my thigh. If I didn't get up and move around, my leg would often seize up to the point that I couldn't put weight on it. Very scary! I don't wish that on anyone.
I have severe siatica problems and can not sit of stand for more than 15 minutes. I have been disabled since August 2006. I have lost reflexes in my left leg and arm in since the car accident. I am left handed . Sorry for the typos sometimes. I have had sooo many tests and since nothing is found I do have bulging discs in the neck. I keep getting told to exersize and stretch more. ??? I cry if I do to much in a day. I am getting on nerotin hope that helps. Have been on tons of other pain killers and muscle relaxers. I gained 4 lbs since yesterday !!! I dont get TOM . The day before I gained 2 !! Back to my orginal weight. I ate 1/2 bacon egg cheese sand for brunch and 2 bloody maries. For snack I had the other 1/2 of bruch, Supper an ear of corn with spay butter and salt and pepper. A pitcher of hearbal tea for a drink, and 1/2 of a chocolate bar split with my DD, for night snack. The day before I ate zuchini all day and oatmeal for breakfast, and a mini blizzard for evening snack. ( I DO LOVE SUGAR!!!) HERAL tea all day.

Ennay I congradulate you on working sooo hard I admire you!!! It is more about being healthy than weight. You can be fit and look good in whatever size your in. Not all of us were meant to be size 3. I have not been able to be lower than a size 5 no matter how thin I am because of hip bones since 17 yrs ago !! Kids can change your body forever.
Angela1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

Thanks for all the supportive words -- yes, I'm getting back on track, and yes, it is so darned EASY to gain a few pounds back. Ugh.

Today's report: 1 hour bike ride (gorgeous day) and I've done well with eating... getting ready to eat a big salad and broccoli now. Just wanted to say hi, but I'm starving (I'm feeling the cut in calories BIG TIME) and need to eat now.

Hope everyone is having an excellent Wednesday!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

I had a pretty bad day today. I think I was having one of those days when you are just hungry all day

Moving on . . . I took the next two days as vacation and we have a 3 day holiday so I will be off the next 5 days . I plan to really work on staying on plan and hope for at least 1 lb. gone this week. I do seem to do better at staying on plan and exercising when I'm not working. I do need to start working a little harder at this as I have become complacent and I seem to have stalled big time on my weight loss; kind of maintaining but I need to kick it up a notch or maybe I just need a kick

Congratulations to you all who are staying on plan and losing. I'm jealous! I know I can do it, I just need to work a little harder.

Hope everyone had a great day
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #43  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin
I had a pretty bad day today. I think I was having one of those days when you are just hungry all day
ME TOO!! I went for a guilt bike ride tonight to burn calories... I'm off also till Monday, so I need to get on track too ... Other than that, same ole, same ole!!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:04 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Something in the air??

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin View Post
I was hungry all day yesterday too. Kept eating those little turkey (lower cal and fat than regular - I get brownie points for that right? ) pepperoni things whenever I stopped by the house.

I seem to psychologically give myself permission to eat whenever I lose a lb. Then I beat myself up when I gain it back. I will find a way to break this but the advice from all of you is always so helpful.

We will all look great in our bathing suits this summer!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:27 AM   #45  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I think I found a thing at Victoria's Secret about "what to change because this is happening with your old bra" ... ya know? if the band slips up your back then you need to ...

Let me see if I can find it.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/brag...tting_room.cfm
Thanks, Susan. I think this is a useful page. "Athlete SusanB": what a nice sound that has! Congratulations! Do the numbers 2012 call out to you? Come to London as part of the Olympic squad!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote