Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #31  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi there, I'm new and have just posted a few times around the community. Kinda trying to find a place to fit in. I think I may be a Featherweight now since I have 12 more pounds left to lose before my first goal? It may be my only goal - I just don't know yet if I'll be happy with my shape.

I'm an "oreo generation" or "sandwich generation" homemaker, with 2 of 4 children still at home yet my 2 parents needing care, living nearby. I am actually married to the guy I dream about when I daydream - how sappy is that?

T-Tapp is my workout of choice (so, hi to artmaker, we have that in common. If a workout is boring but you lose inches, that's excitement enough!) and I have just been watching my calories otherwise, trying to get in fresh fruits and vegetables. I lean on "smoothie-and-sandwich" meals a lot - skim milk, bananas, strawberries, sometimes with SlimFast powder, are always headed for my blender. I make homemade sandwich fillings plus celery, cucumber or lettuce for low-carb wraps or whole wheat bread, and try to have variety. (Kinda cold diet plan in the winter, but it's working so I wear a sweater and smile.)
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:12 AM   #32  

hi Whittlin, make yourself at home! Featherweights is nice and comfy...We even had a tea room for awhlie.

Maybe I missed your description, SusanB, but what type of dance are you doing? Sounds nice, with the cardio, dance and such.

Today was not a very good day eating wise, for me. The worst I can remember since maybe October/November? Oooh. But it gives me such motivation for tomorrow. And tomorrow, my friend and I are taking a yoga class together and I'm excited because I've just been doing it in my room so far to DVDs. I must get in more walkinggggg. I need a prodding. *sigh*
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:27 AM   #33  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I came in under calories yesterday I've taken the last two days off the gym and I feel SO much better today that I don't feel guilty in the least! I'll be back at it today doing some random squats and cardio. I think I'll take this week off my proper program and start that again next week. It'll be too tiring to try and catch up for the week

I've got some lovely food today - cc pancakes, turkey sandwich and goat's cheese on crackers. Then I'm going to treat myself since DH and I are having a mini party to celebrate my brown belt! We're going to have goat's cheese apple and honey sandwiches followed by some yummy ice cream. I remember posting about how I don't really like ice cream somewhere but I really fancy some today! I'd usually plump for cake but I've read "I can make you thin" by Paul Mackenna and done some of the visualisation exercises to help you get rid of specific food cravings - I did it for chocolate cake and birthday cake and I don't think I've eaten either since. They just don't float my boat any more! So ice cream is my chosen poison for tonight! Yeah so ice cream and some posh belgian choccies and the champers that's chilling in the fridge while watching Rocky! : Ooooh I'm excited about it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning. I'm having another perimenopausal awake period here this morning. So if I don't make sense, I'll clarify after I finish sleeping

Welcome Whittlin!

Carey? I have all my weights in a room upstairs. After supper I put my mp3 and hrm on and go up there. I either dance or jump or run the stairs until I get my heart rate up and then just keep doing anything that keeps my interest to keep it up. Step, dance, bedmaking, weights ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:44 AM   #35  
aka Superwoman!

You are indeedy up early Miss Suse!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:49 AM   #36  

Not for long my friend. As soon as I figure out what the cat wants, I'm off to slumberland once more.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:23 AM   #37  
aka Superwoman!

He he! That Darn Cat! Can I go back to bed too? It's 10:23am!!! Me likeses my sleepses!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:51 AM   #38  
Kat

S/C/G: 154 / 147 / 142

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I'm here for some motivation to lose the last 12lb! I've lost 50lb over the past year, but I've been putting off concentrating on losing these last 12lbs. I've finally got myself super-motivated, so here's hoping I don't lose the will power!
Katteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:59 AM   #39  
aka Superwoman!

Hi Kat! You're actually right where I want to be...

What's the plan? Do you go to the gym? Weightlift? Count calories? WW etc?

A lot of the ladies here lift weights - it's very good for just about everything! And we love it!!!! Whereabouts in London are you? I can recommend a fantastic kickboxing/MMA class in west London....
Old 01-31-2007, 08:47 AM   #40  
Kat

S/C/G: 154 / 147 / 142

Height: 5'7"

Hey! I live in Hackney, very close to the city, and work in the city. The gym I normally go to is in the city, near Liverpool street. I intend to lose the rest of my weight by counting calories, eating sensibly and I will be going to the gym again next week (busy after work every day until Monday now ), I get very bored of the gym though.. I was concentrating on running towards the end of last year but that get's boring quickly! Will be good to hear about classes etc from you guys as there seems to be loads of locals on here.

My old gym routine was 5 miles running at around 10km/h, 15 mins on the stepper, then 2x15 reps on the leg press, I stopped going about 2 months ago when I got bored and Christmas parties took up too much time.

I lost the first 50lb by just eating healthily, it's mainly sugar etc that is/was my weakness, and it just takes me a few days to get it out of my system before I stop craving it, so it's been 3 days this time so far, and the cravings are definitely weakening! I take sandwiches to work, and a load of fruit, and I cook for myself and my bf every night, so generally speaking my diet is pretty balanced.

Ummm, can't think of much else to tell you. I do tend to ramble on a bit! I get to weight myself when I get home after work tonight. Haven't weighed myself since the start of "being good" as I've been away from home, so am hoping I'll have dropped a pound, as it was only over the space of a weekend that I put 2lb on, so hopefully it'll drop just as quick.

*ramble over*
Katteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:11 AM   #41  

Ramble on ... we like it!

Apparently the cat wanted me to go back to bed so he could curl up in the laundry basket and sleep some more too.

Let me see ... what'll I do today?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:47 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Welcome all you newbies!

Something is going right. I think it's my menu plan. I had a terrific Italian vegetable pie last night. The crust was lasagna noodles and inside was onion, peppers, mushrooms, tofu, spaghetti sauce and some spices. Topped off with a little ff mozzarella and then baked. Very yummy and everyone liked it. I ended up eating three (3!) snacks instead of two yesterday (I guess I was pretty hungry) and still managed to DROP A POUND! I was a little lax this morning and couldn't motivate to do my exercises. Oh well.

Waiting for the TV repairman to come.....we've been without our big screen since the first of December. It's been nothing but problems trying to get someone to come look at it.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #43  

I know it sounds totally warped but I feel powerful when I have a meal plan! Control freak ... who me????
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #44  
aka Superwoman!

I feel powerful when I SQUAT MORE THAN THE MEN IN THE GYM!

And I've just decided to forego the ice cream tonight that I was planning on treating myself with. I think I'll make do with champagne and chocolate truffles! That means I can eat a smidge more goaty cheese now!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

WTG Jen!

We're having goat cheese on our turkey burgers for dinner tonight. That and lots of veggies to dip. Yum.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote