Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #76  
Ilene the Bean

Hey gang ....

Just back from the gym with a great back workout under my belt ... I didn't feel like it but once I got started I done good and I think I will feel it tomorrow... I did some negative pull ups to prepare me for doing one unassisted pull up... they usually are felt the next day...

At the moment I am running the bath to get ready for work, I will leave early to be back home early because there is snow in the forecast and I don't want to be on the road when it snows that hard. I work 40 mins away...

Tonight is a girls night out... food should be ok, we are ordering out and I'm ok with that I always order salad and salmon... but it's the freakin' wine that does me in... After tonight it's back to the clean clean eats....

Later all, gotta run TTFN ... and let's be careful out there...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

WTG Whittlin on your loss!

Welcome abbyin! I agree, your coworker's diet stinks! I wonder how long til she drops it!

Jen~my DS is in Karate and will soon be assisting in classes as part of his black belt training. I know your belts are different in color--is brown your highest? What degree are you? My DS is red/white and next is red and he has to get to the 2nd or 3rd degree before he moves onto red/black and then again there are several degrees to earn before black. If he earns his black belt before he is 16, he'll get a black/white which will automatically be upgraded to black on his 16th birthday. Once he is a black belt, he'll be teaching classes on his own as well (and hopefully make a little $$)!

Ilene~sounds like you're feeling better!

sweettalker~have a great time!

artmaker and SusanB~stay warm up there!

pink pirate~I've seen some classes like you're taking around here. I don't think I'd last 5 minutes!

Hi to everyone else! have a great day.

Oh, I forgot~~~I'm down another half a pound this morning, however it might be due to the extremely light dinner last night. I'll hope for it to remain gone through the weekend, though. And then I can change my ticker!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've been wantonly extravagant today (at the dollar store) and have fabulous long plum coloured nails.
I see the housekeeping fairy did not come while I was otherwise occupied.

Have any of you tried Meg's video in this thread ?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103684
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #79  

Susan~I can't even imagine trying!!! I was a downhill skier for many, many years and I have the knees to prove it. People are amazed at the sound they make when bending--and you'd be amazed at the pain that a couple lunges or squats will put me in.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Wow, you guys seem really tight, thanks for the warm welcome. There is so much going on that it will take me awhile to get into the loop. Yay! It's Friday, and boo it's Friday, I don't know about anyone else, but the weekend is a real weak point for me when it comes to food, you all seem to be doing so well, you an inspiration. Does anyone else have any young children here? Just curious. Well, my goal this week is to not eat past 7 pm, wish me luck, I find that this is the time that I binge eat. Also, I am going to sign up for the gym on Sunday, found a grerat gym in the area and it's 200 bucks for a year, can't beat that. Now I just need to find the time and motivation to go.
Keep up the great work and have patience with me, it will take awhile to get to know everyone.
Dana
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 158/147/130

Height: 5'4

Smile It's a new month!! Time for change!!

Hey all!!! Sorry I missed a few days. I've been super, duper busy. Anyhoo...tomorrow I start my "training" as I like to call it. My friend and I are going to run stairs. Then, on Sunday we are going running. I'm also going to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I'll plan my meals for the whole week and hopefully stay on track Oh, new running shoes will be in order, too. That will make a HUGE difference!

Happy February! Good luck with all of your goals and welcome newbies!!
jblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #82  

Dining in a restaurant with 7 1/2 y o twin girls is a hoot! We had so much fun! I'd gladly forgive the too many calories for that more often! I can be mindful the rest of the weekend.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #83  

Wow~I'm the first one in here this morning! I guess weekends are a bit slower, huh?

As for the week, I am officially down 1 pound. I had hoped for 2, but 1 is just fine. It sure beats 6 weeks stagnant!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #84  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Indeedy weekends are slow! - Spesh since I have DIAL-UP!

You might wonder why I'm not in France! The ferry was going to arrive an hour later into Caen and so we decided not to go - at least they told us, but it meant that we'd arrive at 5pm and leave at half 10pm, so it would've hardly been worth going.

We've been swimming in a posh new swimming pool. It's fantastic! I think we shall make a habit of it, and go more often I really enjoyed it and swam half a mile and DH just dossed around with floats and water noodles

Tomorrow we're off for a motorbike ride so that DH and Penelope can get aquainted

Laters

PS - oh I'm having a healthy eating day today : *proud*
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #85  

Morning! We had a Dodge Spirit that the kids drove for a while after I got my new car. The kids called it Percy. We still talk about Percy.

Yup, Dana, we're a pretty nice bunch. We gladly accept any chitter chatter
Old 02-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 163/158/147

Height: 173cm - 5'8.5

I'm not seeing a huge difference in the scale at the moment, but I took my measurements again ... over the past 3 weeks I've lost 2cm off my bust, 2cm off my tummy and 4cm off my butt. I'm happy with that!
pink pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #87  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Tried Meg's link to the Tateme(sp?) video....squats are the one thing I love! Am hopeless at lunges with my bad knee, but squats don't seem to be a problem. Have followed along with the video for the last three days and kept up...yahoo! Think I will get myself a big stop watch and try it on my own.

Pink Pirate...good for you on the inches lost...that's a much better indication of how you're doing than the scale.

Fru, sorry your weekend away didn't come about but sounds like you had a great time anyhow....yay for the good eating day!

All well here...in spite of eating out three times this weekend , I don't feel like I gained anything....was very careful of what I ate and kept up my cardio both days.

Looks like I may have a PT job, going to people's homes to train them. Met with the firm owner on Saturday and he was very positive. He acts like a broker...tries to link up the potential clients with the right trainers. Has about 9 trainers and 2 nutritionists on staff. Will know more in a few weeks....depends on the potential clients who contact him. He has a very professional looking website.

That's about it here....frigid weather has moved in....thought the wind would take my nose off this morning....think it's supposed to be about 9 degrees with the wind chill factor. Brrrr. Stay warm, stay healthy all!
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote