Old 12-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hello Fellow Fat Smashers. I have been reading your posts and catching up on everyone's progress and it seems like everyone is back on track.

Been having a rough few days dealing with some drama. Finally today, I feel like myself again. Haven't been on plan too much, did really bad today and had some french bread (which I love) and hot spicy wings, hmmmmm.
Tomorrow will be on plan, phase II.

Keep on smashing.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Good Morning!

We got snow flurries this morning! LOL! We didn't get any snow in the big storm that came through recently. We just got rain. So, this is our first "snow". Since this is our first winter in Kentucky... I am not sure how much snow we can expect. From what I have heard... they mostly get lots of ice here. YUCK!

My weigh in isn't until Saturday.. but I cheated a bit and hopped on the scale. I am back down to where I was BEFORE Thanksgiving!!!!! I won't post my weight until Saturday, though.

Nelle~ HI! I am sorry that you have been going through a rough time. But.. it is good that you are feeling like yourself again. I know what it feels like to not be feeling like yourself. I feel like I have lost control. I love french bread, too!

Have a great day!

Sherry

P.S. Maybe the flurries will increase?? (I got my fingers crossed!)
Old 12-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone. I have a tough day ahead of me. I'm visiting a friend who is in the hospital. She's only 42 and this will be her last hospital visit as she is finally succumbing to an aggressive breast cancer that has traveled throughout her body and brain.

She is my son's (Matt) girlfriend, Jamie's, mother and is my son's "other mother." I was part of a benefit held for her last year. Unfortunately, I only really got to know her because of the benefit (you can see her photo at www savesharon dot com). Jamie & Matt started dating in high school so you never really take that too serious. They're now 21 (Jamie) & 23 & still together.

She's such a great woman and I wish I had known her longer. I've had family members and even 2 friends pass away but this one is really getting to me the most. Probably because she was fighting to hang on for her kids (13 yr. old son & Jamie) & as a mother I would be the same. She said she just wanted to see Jamie graduate from college (won a full 4-yr. scholarship) & her son graduate high school (she is estranged from her loser husband so he's no support). That was her goal. She's not going to make it. I've cried my eyes out & lost much sleep over this.

To top it off, this week is finals for Jamie & one of her professors actually told her, "You knew your mother had cancer, why did you take classes this semester?" That was in response to giving her a break this week. She did tell him that her mother has been fighting for a couple years now and she didn't know when the fight would be ending. The other teachers were very nice.

I know as hard as I try I'm going to be a blubbering idiot but Sharon cannot talk or move so I don't think she'll notice. Jamie feels she does know when people are there even though she can't respond.

Normally when I'm emotional I want to eat but I don't feel that way today - almost the opposite.

Sorry to write such a dismal post but it helps getting my feelings out. In fact, I was planning on writing a short post today since mine are always novels. Maybe tomorrow - LOL!

Nelle - Hope you can jump back on plan tomorrow. I'm so glad to be back in the groove after the difficult days following Thanksgiving.

Sherry - I can't remember where you lived before KY. We still have snow on the ground from a blizzard days ago. It is frozen and there is still some ice on unshovelled sidewalks. I would be happy never to have to see snow or ice or slush or cold weather for the rest of my life. I should have been born in AZ!

I really don't think it's cheating to weigh yourself more than once a week. There was a thread about this on another forum I'm on about how our weight can fluctuate a lot even in one day. I like weighing in twice a week because you never know when you're having a "bloat" day which could ruin your entire week if you feel you gained. That bloat might go away the next day or two but if you don't check you wouldn't know.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Judy I am so sorry for your friend. I will pray for her and you. Take care.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:10 PM   #20  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm sorry Judy! That is so sad. My heart goes out to all of you.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #21  
Less30

Just wanted to check in...I am still doing this plan and loving it...I hardly eat meat and I never drink diet soda any more...but I am drinking coffee again. I am down more weight...even this time of year! 15 down!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:42 AM   #22  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning beautiful smashers, Wishing all a great and blessed tgif day!!
How is everyone doing? Iam not!! But pulled myself and picked myself
up this morning. I weight this am and to my suprise i was up 5 pounds!!
I new i felt puffy!! ha!! ha!! but didnt know what damage i did!! well iam
back on detox for nine days. I have let problems just get to the best of
me!! we all know medicating ourselves in food , sure doesnt help!! just
made me feel worse!! I just have to get back on tract!! Iam not feeling
so good about myself right now. LIke Sherry and Judy said just leave the
sugar along. Im fixing banbana cookies this am on porgram now!! Pluse
i dont get off on a sugar franzie!! Iam so glad to have support here.
I need it!! I will let all know each day how iam doing. I need to be accountable
Thanks for letting me come and vent. Iam not going to gain this weight back!!
cant do it. Iam trying to remember how i feel right now in my mind. No not
trying doing!! I dont like to be negative!!

Judy- My heart goes out to your friend and family. and you girfriend. My prayers are with all of you. lol

Sarah- Congrats on the lb gone girfriend. keep up the great job!! lol it is very
apperant that you are working it!! have a great day.

Buttercupkitty- what a inspiration you are to all of us!! 15 off!! congrats
you are doing a wonderful job!! You are showing all how it is done!! Keep
workiing it!! you can do it!! go girl!!

Sherry- how is that handsome son of yours? He is well now right? I bet
he tries to get into the presents hu? It is 22 deg. here. A little cold for
us texans !! ha!! ha!! have a great day sweetie.

To eveyone that i might have missed this am have a great fat smashing day.
see all later. need to get my rear in gear for work.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:07 AM   #23  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone.
Today I want to binge. For the last hour its all I can think of is treating myself. I want a huge t-bone and with a huge baked potatoe and cheesecake for dessert...I know I won't go that far but I will probably hit Mcdonalds for lunch and get an asian salad and a yogurt parfait to try to compensate.
I haven't had a bad binge since the day before I started fat smash. I ate an order of hot wings, an order of breadsticks, half a large supreme pizza, and followed up with a hot fudge sundae. When it was over I looked in the mirror and realized I was no longer the person that I wanted to be. I never thought of myself as fat...just pregnant frequently and carrying a few extra lbs. Then came the photo...the one where I couldn't believe that I was the big girl in that picture.

I wore "the jeans" yesterday. They have been sitting in a drawer for almost 5 years waiting for pregnancies to be over and for me to lose the weight. They fit just a little tighter than I remember but I hope to keep working on that. It felt good to wear them. I need these little victories to keep me going.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Sarah
Old 12-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #24  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Good morning beautiful smashers, Wishing all a great and blessed tgif day!!
How is everyone doing? Iam not!! But pulled myself and picked myself
up this morning. I weight this am and to my suprise i was up 5 pounds!!
I new i felt puffy!! ha!! ha!! but didnt know what damage i did!! well iam
back on detox for nine days. I have let problems just get to the best of
me!! we all know medicating ourselves in food , sure doesnt help!! just
made me feel worse!! I just have to get back on tract!! Iam not feeling
so good about myself right now. LIke Sherry and Judy said just leave the
sugar along. Im fixing banbana cookies this am on porgram now!! Pluse
i dont get off on a sugar franzie!! Iam so glad to have support here.
I need it!! I will let all know each day how iam doing. I need to be accountable
Thanks for letting me come and vent. Iam not going to gain this weight back!!
cant do it. Iam trying to remember how i feel right now in my mind. No not
trying doing!! I dont like to be negative!!

Judy- My heart goes out to your friend and family. and you girfriend. My prayers are with all of you. lol

Sarah- Congrats on the lb gone girfriend. keep up the great job!! lol it is very
apperant that you are working it!! have a great day.

Buttercupkitty- what a inspiration you are to all of us!! 15 off!! congrats
you are doing a wonderful job!! You are showing all how it is done!! Keep
workiing it!! you can do it!! go girl!!

Sherry- how is that handsome son of yours? He is well now right? I bet
he tries to get into the presents hu? It is 22 deg. here. A little cold for
us texans !! ha!! ha!! have a great day sweetie.

To eveyone that i might have missed this am have a great fat smashing day.
see all later. need to get my rear in gear for work.
Buddie, I know all to well how your feeling and you my 100% of my support, I'm going through the same thing, I really think maintaining is harder then losing the weight...I plan on being here more, I've let life get the best of me for too long, and it's time to get on the ball and take better care of ME, because no one is going to do it for me.

Hugs
Ladean
Old 12-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #25  

Yesterday's hospital visit wasn't as bad as I expected. Still sad, of course, to see a young woman surrounded by her family on her deathbed. I swear she looked into my eyes a few times & she even smiled. Thanks for everyone's condolences & well wishes. She is such a great woman & has fought so hard.

I tried something off-plan yesterday (at least for Phase III - would be OK for Phase 4 for those who stick 100% to plan). I grabbed a Slim-Fast Optima shake I had sitting around that I bought prior to FS since I didn't want to eat in my car or in the hospital (for my afternoon snack).

I had the shake right before I went in & I didn't realize until I was driving home that it was past dinnertime and my stomach wasn't growling and I wasn't hungry at all. Maybe it was just the circumstances but I'm going to try this again when I know it will be difficult to get a good snack/meal in & see if it works good again.

I definitely prefer to eat my meals than drink them but just thought I would share. Kind of "in case of emergency" thing. And I do know this stuff has additives and sugars so if you're trying to follow FS to the letter don't try it until you reach Phase 4.

I don't ever like to suggest people go off-plan but sometimes they go way off anyway in a bad situation so this might be better than going to a fast food place & getting something worse. I think the Slim Fast Optima is their newest product.

Linda - You've come too far to go backwards so please jump back on & get smashing again! I get so mad at myself when I have to start over at square one and that square one keeps getting higher every time as I get older. I don't want to be there again & neither do you! You've already lost more than I ever had to lose (at one time).

buttercupkitty - You're doing great - almost halfway to goal.

Sarah - Try to fight that binge feeling. Those jeans will be fitting - I finally got into some of my old pants & some of the ones that fit me great are getting loose and I'll be getting rid of them soon. Sometimes just drinking a lot of water or iced tea helps me get rid of the urge.

Ladean - I agree that maintaining is more difficult than getting there. I'm a goal oriented person (at least when it comes to losing weight), and once I've reached goal it's hard for me to keep the motivation. Losing the weight is like a game to me to be won. Once I've won, the game has always been over. This time I'm hoping to be able to keep the "game" going to keep me motivated.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #26  

Hi,

Well... our flurries yesterday turned into full blown snow. Not much.. but enough for Joshua and I to go play in for a bit. There is still a small bit left on the ground today.

Judy~ I am so sorry for your friend. I don't know if there are any words that can be said that will make this easier. I just pray that if it is God's time for her to go.. that it will be easy for her. I can't even imagine what you are going through. (((hugs))) I wish that I could see you in person and give you a hug.

Linda~ Hey! It got down to 9 here last night. BRRR! Since, I am from Texas... I am not used to all of this cold weather. But, the snow is so pretty. It is 2:30 pm here and it has finally warmed up to 25 degrees. Don't let the gain get you down. I let it get to me. The worst thing you can do is to give up. What's done is done. Move on from here. I know you can do it!!! Joshua is well.. thanks. He is napping right now.. So I got a few mins to myself.

Ladean~ Hi... I believe that maintaining would be harder than losing. I haven't even been to the point of maintaining my weight.. but I look forward to the challenge one day. Hang in there! You are doing a great job. You have come so far.... you met your goal and I know you can maintain it!!

buttercup! HEY!! Long time no see! lol. Glad that you are doing so great! Hope you have a great holiday!

I got Joshua down for a nap. So.. I am gonna wrap a few of his gifts. But.. dh will have to put the tricycle together when he gets home next weekend. I am not mechanically challenged... but I know that if I get all of the parts laid out and start putting it together.... Joshua will wake up. LOL! I don't want him to see it yet. Plus.. he would have pieces all over the house.

Tomorrow is my weigh in. I know I have lost... but I am anxious to see how much. I didn't go back on detox. I just paid close attention to my calorie intake. And exercised. I am hoping for at least 2 lbs. ***finger's crossed***

Talk to you all later,
Sherry
Old 12-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #27  

Sarah~ Great Job getting into your jeans!!! I have a pair that I use to meansure myself by. I am in them.. they are tight... but I am in them!

Judy~ We posted about the same time. I am glad that your hospital visit went better than expected. I imagine it was hard. Thanks for the slimfast tip!

Sherry
Old 12-09-2006, 07:41 AM   #28  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning beautiful smashers, Hope all are doing good and a smashing!! hew! I had a great day yesterday , right on detox and stuck to it!! I still
feel so puffy!! I always want to remember this moment!! ha!! It is disgusting!!
I feel alittle better, but it isnt gone yet!! I have a birtday party to go to
tonight for my gs he will be turning 4yrs on tuesday. I will eat before i go.
it is pizza mostly there anyway. I wil focuse on the great tiime we all will
be having and the people there. I havent seen some in a while. lol
I will keep on smashing!! lol

Sherry- girfriend that is cold !!bur>>>>>>>>>>>9deg. I thought it was so
cold here. that is freezing to me!! Keep warm girfriend. Thanks for your ad
vice it means alot to me that you care. Im over it and i know you cant
undo right then what you haVe already done. It is just that when you know
better and know what will happen. Well iam moving on thanks.Keep joshua
warm and well. He is a cutie. lol

Ladean- Yep!! it is so>>>>hard to maintain. It is harder then loosing. I sure
found that out. lol We will do it buddie. Just a bump in the road. After all
we have came over some hurdles right ??????Hang in there cause i know
you can. YOu showed me the way!! Go girl!! show us how it is done to
maintain. lol Hope you haVe a great day.lol

Judy- Good morning , just wanted you to know Im thinking about you and
you friend and family. Take care sweetie.

to everyone else, keep on a smashing and remember we need to put outself
first , i know that is hard for alot of us to do!! but if we dont how can we
take care of others. lol Lets keep a smahing and doing our lets work it ladies!! go!! go!! we can do it!!
lets commite to at least 30 minutes a day. The time will pass so lets make it
count!! see all of you later . Going for highlights today and a cut!! maybe
she could cut some fat off!! hew!! hew!! later.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:30 AM   #29  

Good Morning!

Joshua and I are going grocery shopping this morning. I gotta stock up on healthy stuff. lol. I just checked the temp... we may wait a bit to go. It is only 25 deg. right now. I think I will let it warm up some. We are supposed to get up to 45 today.

Today is my weigh in. I haven't done it yet. I always weigh less mid morning. So.. I am gonna wait another hour or so. LOL! I don't want that scale to show any more than it has to. I will post my weight in a little bit.

Linda! I am glad you had a great day yesterday. Sounds like you are right back on track! Keep it up!

Talk to you all later,
Sherry
Old 12-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #30  

I'll be helping dh paint our family room and my granddaughter's bedroom today. It's coming together! I bought the wrong roller covers last night & have to go exchange them. However, I'm in the house freezing even with the heat up so I've got to warm up before I go out. I hate to have to go to the store on a Sat. It was so nice going last night since it wasn't crowded at all.

I went to purchase a room sized rug for my gd's bedrm. but the carpet guy told me to wait 30 days since we got the hardwood floors redone. So we'll do everything else so she can sleep in there and just put the rug in later.

Sherry - I was laughing reading your post because I am also so cold (here in the Chicago suburbs) and I did weigh myself this morning since I eat breakfast right away so never want to weigh after that. I stripped down and jumped on the scale & got dressed faster than ever it was sooooo cold. I can't take my shower until I warm up more. Gained 2 oz. since the last weigh-in so I won't post it.

Linda - So glad you're back on track. Have fun at the b-day party tonight.