Old 11-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #1  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Fat Smashers Weekly Support 11/20-11/26

Hope you guys don't mind that I started the thread today. Thanks for the well wishes from everyone. My stomach is much better although I have decided to detox this week all week except Thanksgiving. I ate some bread Sunday when I ate out. Normally I just tell them not to bring it but I was with a bunch of people who wanted it and I didn't have the willpower to turn it down I am scared to weigh in on Wednesday!

I hope everyone has a great week. I am looking forward to visiting w/ family this weekend! Lem
Old 11-20-2006, 12:55 PM   #2  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Default Lem

Hey you, I for one dont mind you starting the new thead. Everyone of us
go off the wagon girfriend. It is what you do next that counts. Pick yourself
up, dust you off and get back on the wagon. You are doing good. Dont be
hard on yourself. I dont know anyone that is perfect!! exspecialy me.lol
We just do the best we can, and keep going until we have the weigh off and
then to keep it off. I for one are proud of you . You will suceed , i believe
you have the want power bad enough girfriend. Well iam off from luch.
Have to run. Have agreat day.

Eveybody , have a great fast smashing day!! remember when we work it!!
it will pay off!! so go team go!! we will looks so.............good.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Well, I've gained again this week so will once again reduce my calories by 100 bringing them down to 1400 daily. Again, what bothers me is that I don't think I had a true 1500 calorie day last week to begin with but I will find that magic number so I can start losing again. Today is a detox day for me and maybe I'll have to add another one in this week to get below my last lowest weight. Whatever it takes!

Lem - glad you're feeling better. Since you've been sick maybe you won't show a gain even if you slipped. Thank goodness bread doesn't have much of a fascination to me (at least not white bread). We dined at an Irish pub the other night & the soda bread (I think that was what it was - smallish round slices) didn't even look that good to me so it was easy to pass it up.

Linda - thanks for the motivation, as usual!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:14 PM   #4  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Linda and Judy...I have been on track today so hopefully I can at least stay the same this week. I appreciate the motivating words today

Judy I am sorry you aren't losing. I guess it does get hard to find the magic number. Mine is usually 1200-1300 calories which doesn't sound like a lot but it is the only range I can lose in. When I first started dieting about a year ago on Weight Watchers I learned that no matter if I stayed within my points or not, If I wasn't in the 1200-1300 range, I wasn't going to lose. I guess it is the same with fat smash although occasionally I come in under that just because fruits & veggies just don't have that many calories. I have learned to like oatmeal in the past 2 weeks so hopefully adding that will get the calories where they need to be.

Good luck ladies! Lem
Old 11-20-2006, 05:19 PM   #5  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,
happy New week. I don't mind, Lem. I am trying hard to resist the remaining Halloween candy that is here. I would toss it but my husband and son eat it. Luckily I had a lot of people here this past week and so it did make a dent in what is left. I want to lose 2 pounds this week so I can be at -30. That will be very significant to me. I haven't been this weight in 11 years. I didn't walk this morning so I will make every effort to walk the next 5 days in a row.

Ok well typing this took the candy craving away! Whew! Have a great day everyone!

Old 11-20-2006, 07:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Lem, I have a feeling I will have to keep reducing until I get down 1200-1300 calories daily. When I was on WW the first time I was at the lowest points (which were lower than they are now). The 2nd time I went on it I tried at a higher range and was losing for a while and I kept dropping a range every time I would start stalling.

On FS I've learned to eat better foods which should keep me more satisfied even at the lower calories. Again, I'm just trying not to jump right into the lower amounts and I'm patient since I'm feeling good right now and winter is coming so no swimsuits for a while!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/194/150

Height: 5 foot 5

Default Time to straighten up

Wow, what a bummer. Thursday when I weighed in a had gained a pound, but dropped 1% for bady fat. But after Thursday morning it has been down hill. This morning when I checked my weight I was up two more lbs. Of course since Thursday morning I have had a swiss mushroom ssteak burger, pizza. Friday lunch was good, but then I had pizza and chesse bread and brownies. Saturday I had Cake and ice cream, more pizza, 6 oz steak dinner with garlic mashed pots. Sunday, I had pizza again, and chicken nuggets! Wow my gut hurts just repeating all of this. But today has been much better. I backed up to mostly phase 1 with a little bit of phase 2. I had a cup of coffee and a can of diet soda, and a couple bites of pork chop, oh yeah and a cupcake (mini one). I have let my daughter's slumber party, birthday party, and Tupperware party become my ruin! I haven't even exercised since Thursday morning! Well I will do a walk away the pounds tape tonight! and Tomorrow start new again!

I want to make a sweet potato pie for Thanksgiving. Any ideas on how to make a phase1/2 friendly crust? I thought maybe oatmeal and apple sauce to make the bottom like a crust and just tweek the pie directions. If not I will let everyone know how it turned out.

Thanks!
Julie
Old 11-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! How is everyone doing? Well, I am very proud of myself because I am almost done with my first day on the diet. Every day last week I tried starting the diet but by the time mid afternoon came around I just couldn't make it anymore. But today I kept making the right choices concerning my foods and drinking lots of water. It is really hard to cut out the cokes and mcribs from mcdonalds. But I plan to come here often for the next 8 days, till detox is over, to help me get through the cravings and push forward. I really want to look good for Christmas. Have a great week and hope to make some friends here.

Sincerely,
Shannon T.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:59 PM   #9  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone. I am just wrapping up day 3 of detox. The first 48 hours it was easy to resist temptation but today has been a little tougher. I'm still determined to hold strong though. My friends think I am nuts as I quit smoking the same time I started the diet but I think it was the best time to do it. I reach for veggies and fruits if I need something. I am excercising as much as possible which is leading my friends to speculate that I will burn out and won't follow through with the program for longer than two weeks. My friend was like "Well I hope you stick with it...last time you started working out you didn't last a month..." Now I feel like I have the motivation to do it not only for me, but to do this just to prove it to her scrawny diet-pill popping butt!
Old 11-20-2006, 09:20 PM   #10  
bouncy

Hi Shannon, It is hard to stay on tract during the holidays. So If you slip
dont beat yourself up. To tell you the truth , Iam going to have a table spoon of this and that, salad with turkey. I will be careful, just think i have earned the
righ to eat a little. Iam not going to go over board. I will not feel guilty, cause that is what getts you and the vicious cyle starts. Then after that thanks given
day lunch , i will get right back on my plan. That is my plan. Iam making a
sugar free desert. I just stay clear from the sugar. lol Well anyway that is
my plan as it is. lol Have a good night.
Hugs LInda
Old 11-20-2006, 09:27 PM   #11  
bouncy

Hi JUdy, Girfriend it is hard when you get closer to goal!! YOu are getting
there. JUst be patient with yourself. That is what iam trying to do.I dont know
why we have to haVe a certain number in our heads to weight. lol I am guilty
myself of the same thing. I have lost alot .althought iam at my get realy goal.
But It is that number in my head , saying you need me!! ha!! ha!! I will get
there , but i have come to the conclusion to be patient with my self. NOt
to put pressure on myslelf. lol YOu will get there !! Just one day at a time.lol
It is a guessing game. on how many cal. should i eat. I know we dont count
cal. BUt if your like me, you want to use less and conpare the higher and lower.
cal. of foods. lol Oh! Iam in a mood tonight. hew!! hew!! Well i Hope i didnt
confuse you sweetie. You will get to goal i know it. lol have a great night.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:34 PM   #12  
bouncy

Default happy face

Hey you ., I was hoping that the halloween candy was gone by now!! Xmas
is coming girfriend! lol I got rid of my candy from Halloween, this was the first
time in years i did not touch one bite!! I was strong this time!! ha!! ha!!
Tell them to hide the candy and maybe that would help!! lol If they have to
have it.And dont let you find it where you want be tempted. lol May help
at least i hope for your sake. See sugar is my problem. Out of site , maybe
out of mind.HaVe a good night . Hope to see you tomorrow,
Old 11-20-2006, 09:39 PM   #13  
bouncy

Default six sarah

Congrats for being on target!! You go girl!! Girfriend you show those friends
what you are made of!! show them you will go all the way!! What they said
would put a fire under me!! ha!! ha!! when someone thinks I cant do something
i do it!! ha!! some people never grown up!! me!! I am a firm believer it you
want something bad enough you will move heaven and earth to get there.
alot of my friends thought i would never lose weight!! but look at me now!!
and now they are asking how i did it. lol hang in there and show them
how to do it !! HaVe agood night.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #14  
bouncy

Hi Julie, we all have had those days. lol Just get back on detox for a couple
of days and it should be gone. and then get back on your phase. lol you can do it!! WE all slip and fall. just pick yourself up and get back to where you should be. have agood night lady. Remember if you want it bad enough it will be
yours. lol I belive you haVe the want power.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hey Everyone!
Thankfully Joshua got over his sickness. He is running around like crazy again. lol.

I ate chicken nuggets today! So... that settles it. I will not buy any more nuggets for Joshua. They smelled so good when they were cooking. I gave in.

I have been "giving in" a little each day and I haven't lost any more weight. UGH! So.. I won't make my Thanksgiving goal. I am not gonna beat myself up, though. I will just adjust it. I will make it my New Year's goal. It is unrealistic for me try to lose during the holidays. I am just gonna try not to gain.

I haven't been able to post as much as I used to. I just have so much to do during the day. I will try to make it on here at least once a day.

Have a great night!
Sherry

Last edited by shae8230; 11-20-2006 at 09:58 PM.