Good morning smashers, Let get a smashing that fat!! We can do it!! so lets
get on the ball and smash it ladies. lets all have a great If i dont
see all before turkey day, have a great one.For all that are traveling
stay safe.Have a great day
Old 11-21-2006, 06:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 161/161/140

Height: 5'7"

Sherry,
I understand what you mean, I have been doing fs since the end of Sept, it seems as if the last 3 weeks are going to do all my hardwork in. I have lost my fire to lose I have no urge to exercise and just want to eat the worst possible stuff! I think I just am going to try and maintain too and try to get through the holidays! I just feel like I am being weak I am encouraged by my fellow smashers however and love reading the posts.
Thanks,
Carolyne
Old 11-21-2006, 07:59 AM   #19  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning Sherry, I know you are so happy that your son is better. lol
Just know we miss you when you are not here. but I totaly understand
when you have little ones. take care and hope to see you when you
can pop in. lol have a great day.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:41 AM   #20  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Good morning my fellow smashers, sorry I haven't been here in a few days, life has been a little hectic, always is around the Holidays...I am happy to report that I stayed the same this week, so my bouncing from phase to phase seems to be working, and it's easy to maintain that way...Come on ladies you can do it!!!!

Hugs
Ladean
Old 11-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Since I've been stalled I did a detox day yesterday & for the first time I didn't lose from doing that, either. Guess my bod's taking a break from losing the weight. No biggie, I'm still following plan and I'm journalling my food.

I've got to get my Thanksgiving recipes together today and go shopping. I was thinking of making chex mix as a better alternative to chips & pretzels (not much better, but a little - I'll have to check calories & fat for it to compare). I'm also trying a cranberry/blueberry recipe that sounds good and a praline sweet potato dish using Splenda. I still have to figure out a dessert since I want something for myself to eat that isn't too bad.

Julie - Someone mentioned changing the pizza crust recipe around a bit to make it sweeter and use it for a pie crust.

Shannon - Stick with us to get through detox. I'm sure you'll be very happy once you've made it through.

sixsarah81 - Hope you take those naysayers words as a reason to really do this and show them that you can. You're doing great! Detox was getting to me around the 7th day but it's because I was starting to eat the same things instead of checking out the recipes and creating something new and different.

Linda - Congrats on your loss! My goal is really to get to a size 8 pants and maybe a size 6. So I'm not that focused on the scale and as long as I can tell I'm slimming down, with or without a scale loss, I'll be happy. I know once I figure my calories out things will start moving again. Truth is, without more scale loss I won't reach my true goal of those size 6-8 pants but I'm not in a hurry and I'm on the right track.

This is the first year ever that I didn't eat any Halloween candy! Well, I had some candy corn before Halloween and before starting FS. But I didn't touch a thing after that. That's unbelievable for me since candy is my downfall.

Sherry - What a cute pic of Joshua. Glad he's feeling better.

Carolyne - I've been in your shoes and it's usually around this time of year. I don't know what it is this year but I'm bound & determined to reach goal. Maybe because it is harder to lose every time I gain so I know I can't keep going like I have been.

Other than one 5 minute desire for some baked chips, I haven't been tempted by anything others are eating around me, not even my beloved pizza. I can't really remember feeling this way except maybe when I was on the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (a lowcarb plan). I guess I've got that "click" and I hope you can get it back.

Ladean - You're happy to stay the same & I'm a tad disappointed - LOL! But I know I will be where you are one of these days and congrats for finding the maintenance method that works.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Thumbs up Hello Fellow Fat Smashers!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shae8230 View Post
Hey Everyone!
Thankfully Joshua got over his sickness. He is running around like crazy again. lol.

I ate chicken nuggets today! So... that settles it. I will not buy any more nuggets for Joshua. They smelled so good when they were cooking. I gave in.

I have been "giving in" a little each day and I haven't lost any more weight. UGH! So.. I won't make my Thanksgiving goal. I am not gonna beat myself up, though. I will just adjust it. I will make it my New Year's goal. It is unrealistic for me try to lose during the holidays. I am just gonna try not to gain.

I haven't been able to post as much as I used to. I just have so much to do during the day. I will try to make it on here at least once a day.

Have a great night!
Sherry
Sherry your son is soooooo adorable! That is a cute pic of him.

I am going to admit something. I have been wary of posting because I have jumped to Phase 4 inadvertently. I drop in everyday and see the progress everyone is doing and I feel like a slacker. I LOVE the holidays and I love the food of the holidays and I don't think it is realistic of me to lose any weight between now and the first of the year. I have decided to maintain. I am still going to watch what I eat and stick to plan but altered and I am going to up my workout regime to actually working out. LOL. Then on the first of the year I will be starting over again with the Detox phase.
Per Ladean's suggestion I purchased a glider and can't wait for it to get here. I know that will help me quite a bit. I have had about a 3lb weight gain but that because I have been off plan and not working out.

If it is ok with everyone, I still would like to post although for the next few weeks I will maintaining not losing. I think you guys are GREAT and I love hearing about everyone's progress and what is going on with them.

I am having a small Thanksgiving and I think its going to be pretty healthy. I am not making a lot of carbs and cooking low fat. Christmas is when I will really throw down

Keep on Smashing.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Fellow Fat Smashers, I got this link from the Yahoo Fat Smash group. Just browsed it a little and it looked helpfull. Thought I would pass it on.

http://www.fatsmashforum.com/
Old 11-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #24  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Nelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Nelle View Post
Sherry your son is soooooo adorable! That is a cute pic of him.

I am going to admit something. I have been wary of posting because I have jumped to Phase 4 inadvertently. I drop in everyday and see the progress everyone is doing and I feel like a slacker. I LOVE the holidays and I love the food of the holidays and I don't think it is realistic of me to lose any weight between now and the first of the year. I have decided to maintain. I am still going to watch what I eat and stick to plan but altered and I am going to up my workout regime to actually working out. LOL. Then on the first of the year I will be starting over again with the Detox phase.
Per Ladean's suggestion I purchased a glider and can't wait for it to get here. I know that will help me quite a bit. I have had about a 3lb weight gain but that because I have been off plan and not working out.

If it is ok with everyone, I still would like to post although for the next few weeks I will maintaining not losing. I think you guys are GREAT and I love hearing about everyone's progress and what is going on with them.

I am having a small Thanksgiving and I think its going to be pretty healthy. I am not making a lot of carbs and cooking low fat. Christmas is when I will really throw down

Keep on Smashing.
well hun if anyone minds I guess I'll have to leave to, because I am not trying to lose either, I am working on maintaining. But I am doing all phases of FS....I do plan to eat a little extra for Thanksgiving, but for the first time in my life, I feel I will remain in control of the food...I control the food, it doesn't control me. You will love your Gazelle, I wouldn't be without mine.

Ladean
Old 11-21-2006, 08:06 PM   #25  
Less30

I am not going to kid myself...I am eating and I am going to enjoy it...but I have become so focused on my working out and how great it feels that I fit clothes so much better, I will enjoy the day and then back to smashing...if I sit here and type that I am going to follow plan on THursday...it would be a big lie...ENjoy Turkey day and move on from there and back to FS.

Enjoy everyone!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:53 AM   #26  
Determined to Lose

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4

I havent lost a single pound in the whole week. I was so excited because i thought I had, BUT I measured myself and I lost 1/2 an inch on my stomach and waist. So I am very excited about that.. But otherwise I am trying to detox but I KEEP CHEATING.. ugh! I feel like I am STARVING ALL THE TIME.. =( I love this diet and I am still exercising but I just feel like blah..
Old 11-22-2006, 06:25 AM   #27  
bouncy

Default Doll Face

Good morning smasher, First of all you have lost 1nch total!! that is fantastic!!
so give yourself credit for that one!! lol You can tell the diffence in your
clothes. you will get back on tract and start to loose. The holiday is almost
over and we all can stay focused more at least until xmas!! ha!! ha!! we can
do this girfriend. You are doing good. so keep up the ie. lol have a great day
Old 11-22-2006, 06:31 AM   #28  
bouncy

Good morning BUttercupkitty, I love your honesty!! You know what you
are goining to do. I for one going to eat, but in moderation. lol I will have
tukey and salad and a tablespoon of this and that. I have a cousin that
has never had a weight problem . She does that and tells herself that
a little is better than none!! lol Sh also put several very small pieces of cake and pie or what ever together to make one piece. lol Just a thought. Then you
want have so much to get back off, if you gain. lol Sweetie have a great
day and a very good thanks givin.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:34 AM   #29  
bouncy

Good morning all of you beautiful smashere!! lol wishing all of you a great
and very blessed day and a great lol
Old 11-22-2006, 07:58 AM   #30  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

Smile

Good morning everyone! I invited my nay-saying skinny friend to the gym with me last night and she ended up competing with me in how many calories we could burn on the elipticals. It was so funny- we must have looked hilarious going faster and faster glancing at each other's machines. My clothes are not fitting any looser but I stepped on the scale and so far I have lost 6 pounds. I'm worried about the holiday weekend as we are going out of town Th-Sun and there is no gym for me to workout at.
I really love everyone's attitude on staying positive and treating yourself. It makes me feel like even if I cheat sometimes, it's ok and I can get back on track. I had a cup of coffee this morning and 1 serving of fat free croutons on my salad yesterday. I don't feel guilty about it, but I don't want to continue to get off track either.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
-Sarah