Old 11-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

I'm happy today. I finally showed a loss on the scale (I posted in the weigh-in thread). Not much but better than gaining, which I did last week being on plan 100%.

In fact, I felt kind of bloated this morning & almost didn't weigh-in but I did and am glad. It's funny how sometimes when you don't feel lighter you lose and sometimes when you feel "skinny" you don't.

I've got the ingredients for the Thanksgiving dishes I'm making. I'm making a lowfat Chex Mix (although I always use real butter - margarine scares me with all the junk it has). I'm making a cranberry/blueberry dish, a praline sweet potato dish and pumpkin bread pudding (using whole wheat bread & Splenda - but also raisins). I'm making more things this year then I usually do but that's so I can guarantee that I'll have stuff I can eat & enjoy.

Nelle - Even though you might be trying to maintain, it's still great to come here for support. You can still maintain by keeping core values of FS and allowing treats when you feel they're worth it. So please stick around! I joined that other forum last week. I like it but this is still my favorite one.

buttercupkitty - I think most of us feel the same. One meal or one day isn't going to ruin everything we've all accomplished so far. FS gives us ways to get back on track by doing a detox day or two if we feel the need.

Dollface - That's one thing that has kept me on track with FS - that I've not been hungry. Are you sure you're eating enough? Sometimes not losing means your body is holding onto the weight because it's in starvation mode. If you've followed my progress, I actually showed a gain last week. Not much, but still a gain. In fact, I've been struggling for a couple of weeks but I finally hit another low weight today.

Sometimes our bodies need to adjust for the large amount lost in Phase I. I only lost 4 lbs. on detox but for my frame (& the fact I had already lost around 13 lbs. prior to starting FS), that is a big amount for me to lose in a week. It wasn't all fat - some was water weight.

I feel my body was going through that adjustment the last couple of weeks. It can get discouraging, especially when following plan. However, during this time I felt like my body was changing (I don't measure), which gave me the encouragement to continue on. You have lost 1/2 inch which is great! So make sure you're eating enough of the proper foods and you will see a loss.

Sarah - It's a funny picture painted about two women on ellipticals trying to outpace each other! Congrats on your loss! Since I'm pear shaped I haven't seen a big change in clothing sizes even with having lost 19 lbs. When I started dieting I was inching into size 14's, although I never bought any. My 12's (those that haven't been shrunk) are too loose but most of my size 10's (unless they're stretch) are still too tight. You'd think with 19 lbs. lost I'd be a couple sizes down.

I am seeing it in my face and stomach, though, so I'm not complaining too much. I've just started working out again so I think that will speed things up with getting my 10's to fit comfortably. Seems like last time I was at this weight my 10's were fitting fine. But that was 3 yrs. ago & I guess as I'm aging gravity is just going where there's too much to begin with.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:41 PM   #32  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,
I haven't decided what I'm going to do about tomorrow yet. I'm not cooking so that helps... no leftovers. But I will enjoy the turkey and vegetables... probably will skip the mashed potatoes and only have a small bit of stuffing. I will definitely have a small piece of pie. I don't expect it to be that bad. Today was another story. My stomach was so upset this morning and I felt lousy but then later when it settled I just kept wanting to eat. Crackers at first, to settle my stomach but then other stuff... not worth mentioning. So now I feel kind of junky. Therefore I think I will drink lots of water tomorrow and make sure I do a nice long walk and we'll see. But Friday through Sunday I am going to be right back on track with the good stuff.

I am so psyched about what I did on Sunday. Did I already say I went running? (well running is a strong word I guess... more like jogging) but anyway I had built in a little running into my walk but on Sunday I did my "30 minute route" totally as a run! It has been like 17 years or so since I used to "run." It felt awesome. The next day my knees were achey and sore. So I will only do that once a week until I get lighter and stronger.

Sherry that picture is SOOOOO cute!!!!!

Buttercup, good to see you!

FashionNelle I followed that link, thanks! It was helpful!

Bouncy, you have a wonderful thanksgiving too!

All of you have a great day tomorrow!! Don't forget to appreciate your family and especially kids. I know someone who has a 2 year old with a terminal illness. It makes me put this day back into the focus of appreciation and less about the food and fuss of "getting ready." Ok, well anyway, have a beautiful day!!!

Old 11-23-2006, 10:15 AM   #33  

I made 3 of my dishes last night and my lowfat Chex Mix got burned. I followed the instructions and don't feel like making it again. I also made a yummy looking and smelling cranberry/blueberry dish & a pumpkin bread pudding that looks & smells so good!

I'm sitting here waiting for my sweet potatoes to bake since I wanted to make this before going out for the day so it would be fresh & ready to eat.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Old 11-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Talking Happy Thanksgiving, Fat Smashers!!!!!

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is having a FABULOUS Thanksgiving,

I just want to say I am so proud of myself because I just completed my workout. Since I know there is going to be extra calories, I know I had to put in the extra effort. Will try to workout again this evening.

Just wanted to drop everyone a line and wish you and yours a Happy Thansgiving.

Let us be thankful for the food that will grace our tables today and I am grateful for my Fellow Fat Smashers also.

Keep Smashing!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 11:24 AM   #35  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Happy day after Thanksgiving, I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. I am very pleased with myself, I was in total control yesterday, and I did all the cooking. I didn't get according to FS standards but I was in control, I measured 1/2 mashed potato's and 1/2 cup of corn bread dressing, and I had a little turkey, and steamed carrots, I didn't eat the gravy or my homemade rolls, but I had a very small slice of my sweet potato pie, about 3 bites worth, and when I was done I didn't feel stuffed, but I was satisfied.
And I have 0 quilt today : )
I will be doing phase 3 today and detox tomorrow for one day, just to let my body know that it won't be eating those types of foods on a regular basis LOL...Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Hugs

Ladean:
Old 11-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #36  

OK, this on-plan person went off-plan yesterday, but I was full just taking tastes of everything during dinner. My stomach has certainly shrunk since my plate wasn't overloaded like normal (& I usually take 2nd's which I just could not do yesterday).

However, I did have some pretzels & chips & dip (which I had not planned on having). I did not make myself sick from eating too many of them, though.

I also took it a lot easier on the desserts, although I did eat more than I planned. We were at my son's house for 9 hrs. so I had to wait for my dinner to digest before I could even think of having a dessert. But after several hours I did have a few different items.

I didn't eat a 2nd meal like I sometimes do when spending so much time at my son's house (we play games after the meal). So even though I was definitely off-plan, I don't feel sick today (which I have in the past after "feasts") and I don't feel guilty.

In fact, I'm not going to weigh myself until Monday (let things settle down) & if I gain I'll do a detox day or two. I am back to plan (Phase III) today. I'm hoping that having a high calorie, off plan day might boost my metabolism to get my slow loss moving. We'll see...
Old 11-24-2006, 03:14 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hey Fat Smashers, although I didn't eat on plan yesterday I don't feel guilty because I only had one plate and yes I did have dessert. But I have worked out today a little. Will get back on plan on Monday after all the leftovers are gone.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #38  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Hello smashers, I had a great day yesterday, was mainly on program
made the key lime pie , it was so good. with sf lime jello , key lime
yougart and sf cool whip. and reduced crust. I did realy good, but
last nigt i did eat a cookie and cream ice cream sandwhich . 160 cal!!
no guilt here!! I think we have a problem when we do feel guilty.
The thing when we do it to forgive ourself. Judy , lem ,and ladean
i think that is all that has been here. I m going to go on phase 2 today
detox tomorrow and sunday, trying to shock this old body!! ha! ha!
Smashers lets get a smashing .lol see all later.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:11 PM   #39  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

I stayed on plan! I ate fruits and veggies all day and made some veggie burgers from the recipe section to eat instead of turkey. I did really well and I am proud of myself. I'm the kind of person who starts slipping and keeps slipping so I am really trying not to do that - at least during detox. I almost ate a piece of pie but instead took a little taste and asked to have it removed from sight. It worked. I am really in awe of the plan and how good I feel while losing weight.
Hope everyone had a wonderful turkey day!!!!
Old 11-25-2006, 07:50 AM   #40  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning all of you lovely smashers out there!! It is a great day here
inTexas!! will put up the tree today!! hope all will have a great day and
get into the xmas spirit!! I had a good day yesterday and ready to smash
this fat away!! lol wishing all of you a great and very blessed day lol.

Judy you have changed since last year hu? Iam so proud of you , keep it up!!
habits are hard to break , but will be done. lol have agood day.

six sarah 81- proud of you sweetie. you are doing so good!!!you will have what
you want , just keep on doing what you are. it will be yours . It feels so good
to be in control. lol have agood day

Sherry- I know you said you dont have that much time to post. but just know
I miss you when you are not here. How is Joshua? Poor little fellow.I hope he
is well by the tiime you read this message. Are you getting ready for xmas?
hope to see you later.

Ladean- Buddie you haVe came along way baby!! lol you have so changed
the way you think and look at food!! You have always been a role model
to me girfriend. You are a true friend and always there when i need you.
thank you for being you. You make my journey much more injoyable.
if i dont see you today. have a great day and have fun shooting with dh
tomorrow. lol

Lem- how are you doing? Iknow you will have what you want girl!! just keep on trucking so to speak!! ha!! you will suceed. have agood one.

to anyone i may have missed , just know it was not intentional. you are
just as important to me , as the ones that i posted to individual. Out of
time and alot to doha!! tree calling my name!! going shoppiing today!!
iam nuts!! ha!! ha!! hugs to all
Old 11-25-2006, 10:17 AM   #41  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone,
I ate a lot at Thanksgiving but it was ok. Then yesterday I started off well but since I haven't been grocery shopping my normal good choices werent' here so later I had some things I felt yucky about. I think my body is retaining as well but since it is my weigh in day I had to do it. Scale says I'm 199.4 which is a 2.4 pound gain. I am determined to get rid of that by next week. My NOvember goal is blown though since I was supposed to be 190 by this Thursday. But I will try to make that up in the coming months. I did go for my big walk today with a little run at the end. My biggest mistake the past 2 days was not drinking the water so I will be doing that today for sure.I don't feel guilty. I feel determined. I usually feel that slide between Halloween and Christmas that makes me just fall off for good. I don't feel that this year because feeling healthier just feels so good and I want more of that feeling and I have no interest in the sluggish, unhealthy feelings returning.

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 11-25-2006, 02:04 PM   #42  

I felt a little "hungry" yesterday which isn't normal for me. Must have been from Thanksgiving. However, I did stay on plan and within my calories, even though I could have eaten more. Got my workout in, too, even though I was sooooo tired. Of course, I felt good after doing it.

Nelle - I think we all feel pretty good about our Thanksgiving feast. The only leftovers I have are the things I made that are FS friendly, but I'm having to measure out portions because they're so good!

Linda - I've had that lowfat key lime pie before - it is good!

Sarah - You did great! Usually I start "falling" during this time but I'm really motivated this year and have no intention of going back. Stick with us since it sounds like you're really doing so well.

happyface - My downfall is water but I've been doing pretty good lately. In fact, I'm going to make some real iced green tea (I'm in Phase III). I can get my water in well when it's iced tea.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:18 PM   #43  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone...I hope your turkey day was a good one.

I detoxed Sun, Mon, Tues and I only ate the 1 big meal on Tgiving to cut back on my calories. I allowed myself about a tablespoon of potatoes, some turkey, a very small piece of ham, about 1/4 c of mac & cheese, 1 yeast roll, 1/2 c of asparagus casserole, 1/2 c of dressing, 1 sm piece of choc pie. I managed to avoid the gravy & the dumplins. I had no idea how to figure out how many calories that was so for the day so I just didn't even try. Later that night I had maybe 2 T of another dessert and that was it. I felt absolutely sick all day. Why do I do this? I know all that food at once (especially all those carbs & starch) is going to make me feel horrible. Within 10 minutes of eating, my eyelids were heavy and I was so sluggish. It made me realize how good I feel on Fat Smash compared to when I eat all that crap. Unfortunately I haven't been able to stick to Fat Smash today for some reason (i had a sandwich w/ bread) but I am back to detox I think tomorrow, if I can do it.

I am out of town for 2 weeks starting tomorrow so sticking to detox or P2 (I will try a combination of both)for 2 weeks while in a hotel is going to be my biggest challenge yet. I will fix my grits or oatmeal for breakfast, have some type of fruit for lunch & snack and then dinner will be the hardest thing. Everyone with me will be eating out and I will probably have to eat out one meal a day as well. Also I am going to try to walk each day for 1 hr but even that will depend on the weather. I will have to pay if I want to go to a gym (the hotel doesn't have one). I hope I will get Lifetime Channel and maybe I can do Denise Austin in the mornings as well.

Take care everyone, best of luck in sticking with Fat Smash over this holiday season. I will miss you guys and your support. I will try to post when I can but my internet will be limited. I definitely won't be weighing in again until I get back to my own scales I don't trust anyone elses!

Lem
Old 11-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 254/233.6/140

Height: 5'4

Default Detox

Hello!! I am anxious to begin what will hopefully be my last attempt at weight loss!!

Curious if you all post your daily menus. Also, does anyone have menus from when they did the 9 day detox??

Gretchen
Old 11-26-2006, 09:40 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 254/233.6/140

Height: 5'4

Curious where you get the weight trackers at the bottom of most of your posts??

Gretchen