Old 11-10-2006, 09:46 PM   #1  
anitagirl

S/C/G: 252/246/190

Height: 5 9"

Arrow New member

I just started The fat smash diet yesterday.I'm really liking it because unlike other diets I have been on,I always feel full.I 've been battling with my weight since I had my princesses, but now I'm ready to take back my body/health.I really enjoy this forum.It gives me the extra boost I need whenever I read the success stories .Thank you guys for this support.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Wecome anitagirl. I haven't felt hungry once on FS. That's why I think I can do this for the long-term. On Weight Watchers by the time I reached goal I was starving! Not to mention sick of journalling everything and counting points.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #3  
anitagirl

Red face Herbal tea vs green tea

Hi Judythanks for your kind words.I had a question.Can I substitute green tea for herbal tea.
I just cannot stand the herbal tea taste.Made me wanna throw up.I prefer green tea and I'm thinking of sticking with it.What do you think?
Thanks,Anita
Old 11-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

I believe on another thread Dr. Ian said you can substitue decaf green tea for the herbal. If I'm wrong, I simply can't see that it would really hold you back, although there seems to be a reason for most of what isn't on detox.

I do question omitting some things like oat bran, which IMO is better than oatmeal (higher fiber, no additives, seemingly more nutrients, same or less calories, etc.). I think some things just weren't thought about, esp. less popular items like oat bran.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #5  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! We are glad to have you and will try to help out the best we can. Have a great week. Lem
Old 11-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #6  
TTC #1

Height: 5'6 1/2

I have never heard of this. i looked it up. and shows something to do with the celebrity fit club and abut detox?
Do you mind giving me the basics of the diet?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #7  
lem
Lem

Hi Pretty Peanut - the diet was started by Dr Ian who is the Dr on Celeb Fit Club. The book can be found on Amazon or at WalMart for unde 10.00. Basically it is in different phases and Phase1 (detox) basically requires you to eat fruits & veggies only (but no potatoes or avocado) raw, grilled or steamed only (no fried), some brown rice daily, oatmeal and some skim or lowfat milk along with some plain yogurt but this is all you can have in the 9 days. No butter, sour cream, sweeteners, sugar, etc. You can't add flour or anything like that to any of your foods. Also no cheese and you can have some egg whites but no whole eggs. You have to eat 4-5 mini meals every 3-4 hrs. No caffeine and the only drinks allowed are water and herbal tea. You hdd meat, eggs & a little cheese in the next phase. You are also supposed to get 30 minutes of cardio 5 days per week. Its best to buy the book and then you can come here for recipes, tips. motivation etc. I look at it as a plan for life, not some fad diet. Once you get past detox, the plan is doable and I have never been hungry. We would be happy to help! Good luck. Lem
Old 11-14-2006, 08:31 AM   #8  
TTC #1

Height: 5'6 1/2

hmmmm...
Sounds like a good plan.
and you lose about how much per week?
or how much have you lost?
I have to do something quick my dead line of 20 lbs by new years is approaching fast.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #9  
lem
Lem

I lost 6 lbs in my first try w/ Phase1 (detox). I tried to go to P2 but fell off the wagon by eating large portions and 1 serving of potatoes. So, after 3 days on P2, I went back to P1 again for 9 days and today is my last day. I will weigh tomorrow to see what has happened. I know I already lost 3 more lbs so I will have lost at least 9 lbs since I started Fat Smash. I would say if you are getting 30 minutes of cardio, 5 days per week in Phase 1, you could expect 5-10 lbs loss if you aren't cheating. I would say 20 lbs by New years would be a bit unrealistic if you started detox today unless you are really strong throughout the holidays and working out hard. But, I am sure you would be happy with 15 lbs, right? I know I would be! Any loss is something! After detox most people seem to be losing 2-3 lbs a week which is still pretty good. Good luck to you and let us know if you decide to start, we will be looking forward to helping and hearing about your big loss! Lem
Old 11-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #10  
anitagirl

Unhappy

I have been doing so well for the past 6 days but today has been terrible. I have been hungry all day and have had serious headache.I don't wanna stop because I'm almost done with the Phase one.I took some low fat yoghurt and have felt better this evening.Reading some of the letters in this community has lifted me up too.So guys keep writing.It helps alot.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:16 PM   #11  
lem
Lem

Hi Anitagirl...sorry you have been feeling bad today. You are definitely too far in to stop. You can make it to Day 9! When I felt bad, I fixed myself some fried rice or a yogurt smoothie. I think carbs are comfort food to me so they always picked me up, especially when I made the smoothie really thick like a milkshake. I get to add meat tomorrow and I am SO glad!!! You are almost there too. Please let us know your final lbs lost for detox. I just love hearing how everyone is doing plus it is motivating to me and to yourself whether you lose 2 lbs or 10, it makes you want to keep going. How much are you trying to lose? Take care and have a good evening! Lem
Old 11-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #12  
anitagirl

Lightbulb Back on track

Hi lem,thanks alot for your letter.I feel so much better this evening.I made some thick strawberry smoothies (just like you talked about) with low fat milk and it was so good.I went out for a walk later in the evening.I felt super charged to face the 3 days left in Phase 1.
Very important is to always add some good carbs like brown rice/beans for energy.Thanks again.I gotta go to bed now.Have a lovely evening y'all.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:43 AM   #13  
Determined to Lose

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitagirl View Post
I have been doing so well for the past 6 days but today has been terrible. I have been hungry all day and have had serious headache.I don't wanna stop because I'm almost done with the Phase one.I took some low fat yoghurt and have felt better this evening.Reading some of the letters in this community has lifted me up too.So guys keep writing.It helps alot.
Hey Anitagirl,

Oh my gosh I remember my first couple of days on phase 1... They were AWFUL, I was STARVING!! and totally craving sweets.. =( So i had 1 or two or three starburst), NOTHING would fill me up.. it wasn't till day 6 that I found some great portabella mushroom burgers and had that with some brown rice and slices of tomato.... I swear I never felt so good, It was the best meal ever, THEN I ate yogurt for breakfast the next morning.. OH MY GOSH, It was so good... lol.. Sorry, but I know how you feel, my husband felt so bad for me, I also found some lactose free, sugar cane sorbet.. I dont know if thats cheating or not, but i only ate about 1 tbsp a day.. Dont worry you are almost at the finish line, keep running strong and I'm positive you will make it.. Trust me, I have no self-control what so ever (so I thought) and somehow I made it!..

Hang in there girl, you can do it!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #14  
anitagirl

Hi
Thanks for your encouragement.Today was really good for me.I made some sweet potato fries from this site and it was yummy.Tomorrow is my last day for the phase one.YES!!!!!!!.I feel great and I can't wait to weigh myself.No matter what it is I 'm goona stick with this program because it's definitely lifestyle change for the better.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:45 PM   #15  
anitagirl

Post Update

Hi guys,
I have been so busy for over a week and haven't had a chance to write.Now I'm back.Lost 8 pounds after phase 1.It felt so good. But then I came crashing on my daughter's birthday.I ate so much food ,I coudn't believe myself.I went back to detox for 2 days.
So Now I'm good.Turkey day is here and I believe everyone is a little nervous as I am.I think eating in moderation is the key.I know it's hard but let's just give it a try.I think we can do it.Happy thanksgiving!!!!!;