Old 08-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #76  
it's always something

Oh NO Pam! As a southerner with a serious history with bbq pork and potato salad, I can certainly sympathize. Just imagine how much stronger you are going to feel at the end of the day if you pass up the temptation. If you make it through this, you can make it through anything

Chargrilled vegetables are out of this world! Maybe you can plan to do that this weekend so you don't feel left out. They are addictive

Hang in there! The day is almost over
Old 08-25-2006, 04:16 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 177/173/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone. I forgot to post yesterday. ACK!!!
I'm still doing awesome. Day 4 and NO CHEATING so far. The exercise has been horrible, but I'm getting some walking in, just not 30 minutes of it at a faster pace.
I made the lentil "soup" last night for dinner. Not a big fan, but I ate it anyway. DH loved it and he's not even following the diet. Shame on him.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #78  
Less30

Today is day 5 and the headache is finally gone. There are no cravings. I even went to dinner last night at Soup Plantation and did not go off Phase 1! I would have loved the ice cream and the breads, but I decided it is not worth it. My only frustration is my lack of motivation to work out. However, today is really the first day that I have not felt sluggish and I already plan to do a 4 mile run/walk this evening. Exciting Friday night huh? I am also planning to just do Phase 1 until next Friday...a few extra days can't hurt. I will also probably do the every other day thing in Phase 2...where every other day I will use a Phase 1 menu. I want this weight to be gone!!!!
Old 08-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 255/234/155

Height: 5'8

Are we allowed to have wheat cereals?I wanted to buy grape nuts but wasn't sure if I was allowed to eat it.Other than that got all my shopping out of the way and I start tomorrow.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #80  
it's always something

Not yet. You can introduce cold cereals in phase 2, which begins on day 10. He doesn't list grape nuts but they should be fine as long as you measure out one serving according to the package.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:30 PM   #81  
it's always something

Slamey and buttercupkitty, kudos for sticking with it! Especially you, buttercup, for going out to eat and still staying on track during P1. I'm sure that was quite a challenge.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:02 AM   #82  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning smashes, We are doing a fantastic job!! let us all keep it
going on. lol Day #6 for me!!Doing good , have been on plan all the way.
feel realy good. Ifeel like i have lost some weight , can tell the differnce in
the way my clothes fit!! also tryed on two rings that i have never been
able to wear fit perfect!! It feels so good!!

Arhtanley, I hope you recieved your book. HOw is it going?
Buttercupkitty- Happy to hear that you headache is gone .You
are sticking to plan and you are so motivated!! go girl go!!

Pam- it is 5days for you and day 6 today. lol How did the luch
go at work? Girl you had a pla, good for you.

Suzane - How is it going? Dont you just love this plan. Wishing you
a great day.
Ladean- Hello Buddie missed you yesterday. I know you were busy
at the store. Hope you had a great day. Keep up a smashing buddie.

Team lets us all keep on smashing !! we will look so good>>>>>>>>>
have a great day. off for my walk.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:01 AM   #83  

Good going everyone. Today is the start of day 5. Yesterday I was getting a bit tired of brown rice, beans, etc. But I am still plugging along.

Hope I can make it through until Phase II begins.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:16 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 177/173/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm so proud of myself! Last night we went out to eat (we always go out to eat on Friday nights). Anyway, we went to a Mexican restaurant and I STAYED ON PLAN!!! No chips, no anything but a salad with lettuce, onions and green peppers. I had to pick out all the chicken, but I did it! I would have LOVED chips and rice and a diet coke, but I held out!!! I can't believe how well I did!!! I really can't believe how well I'm adjusting to this plan. What's the deal? I'm hoping for at least a 5 pound weight loss at the end of 9 days!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:38 AM   #85  
bouncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlostIT4ever View Post
Yeah I finally found it, I am so exicted about this, I know we will do great.
Good for you!! you rock girl!! you are doing so great . out to eat at a mexican restraunt . That takes some good smashing those habits. you go girl!
have a good day
Old 08-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #86  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Default Good morning Linda, Suzanne, Pam and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Good for you!! you rock girl!! you are doing so great . out to eat at a mexican restraunt . That takes some good smashing those habits. you go girl!
have a good day
I just can not believe how well this plan works, I am so excited, I feel like a little kid, I decided I needed a little motivation so I weighed this morning, and I am down 4.5 pounds in 4 days, well actually today is day 5 for me, I am thrilled, I was just hoping for 4 pounds for the whole 9 days, so that was a great surprise...The thrilling thing is, I did a bunch of running around yesterday and Hubby and I ate out twice, once for breakfast and once for dinner, and I stayed on plan, for breakfast, I ordered Oatmeal, I ate it with splenda and a banana, and about 1/4 cup of 2% milk, and since it was a late breakfast I didn't eat lunch, I was so full from breakfast, but had a yogurt and grapes for snack later on, and for dinner hubby wanted chinese food, and I agreed and I ate ALL veggies, NO meat just green beans, broc, carrots, snow peas,cabbage and onions, now I know it may have had some extra oils on them, but I figured it was better then eating the meat or egg rolls (my favorite) and then I had some honeydew melon, I was very proud of myself....We can do this ladies, it's a great plan and it WORKS.

Last edited by IlostIT4ever; 08-26-2006 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:55 AM   #87  
bouncy

Default Ladean

Buddie, Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!girl keep it up!! we can do it all of us!! Itell
you this is the best smashing i have done!! hew!! hew!! After all the
running around you did, you could have said to yourself iam tired i will eat
what ever!! Girl you had that right thinking going on. I just cant wait
until We. for the first week weight in. lol OH! I tried the brown rice with
cinammon and a little milk and splenda was good. i alo added a banbana in it.
see you later buddie HOpe all of you ladies are having a great day.
Hugs LInda
Old 08-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #88  
Ladean

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Buddie, Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!girl keep it up!! we can do it all of us!! Itell
you this is the best smashing i have done!! hew!! hew!! After all the
running around you did, you could have said to yourself iam tired i will eat
what ever!! Girl you had that right thinking going on. I just cant wait
until We. for the first week weight in. lol OH! I tried the brown rice with
cinammon and a little milk and splenda was good. i alo added a banbana in it.
see you later buddie HOpe all of you ladies are having a great day.
Hugs LInda
I am really liking the brown rice for breakfast, it's a nice change from oatmeal. I cooked it a bit longer then it calls for today and I liked it even better, hey GMTA, I had it for breakfast this morning too with a banana..I am making a pot of navy bean soup today, so that's what I am having for dinner tonight, for lunch I am having another cup of brown rice with sauteed onions, mushrooms, red peppers, and a salad with chick peas, and RF dressing...I don't remember who said they were going to stay on phase 1 a little longer, but I don't think that would hurt a bit, it's very healthy, and what great results we are getting..I am even finding that I have more energy during the day..Love love love it!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 215/209/150

Height: 5'6

I am so proud of all of us!!! We sticking to the plan and reaping the benefits. I too am feeling good.....although I did break down and have a piece of grilled pork at the lunch yesterday - but I ate my tomatoes first, then drank 16 oz of water and had a very little piece of pork...about 2 oz. So really I am not counting that as falling off the plan.

Since its Saturday I got up and put on some workout clothes and did a "core" workout for 45 minutes. Then hubby and I decided to take a wall down in our living room - so between cleaning up all that sheet rock and vacuuming for 45 minutes I think I have met my work out needs for the day.

BTW - Thanks for letting me know I am on day 6 - I too plan on doing Phase 1 until friday - but then we leave for a cabin with friends.....which I am already starting to meticously plan what my menu will be, I think staying away from alcohol will be the worst.

Again, great job ladies!!!

Pam
Old 08-26-2006, 01:33 PM   #90  
Ladean

Default Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmteub View Post
I am so proud of all of us!!! We sticking to the plan and reaping the benefits. I too am feeling good.....although I did break down and have a piece of grilled pork at the lunch yesterday - but I ate my tomatoes first, then drank 16 oz of water and had a very little piece of pork...about 2 oz. So really I am not counting that as falling off the plan.

Since its Saturday I got up and put on some workout clothes and did a "core" workout for 45 minutes. Then hubby and I decided to take a wall down in our living room - so between cleaning up all that sheet rock and vacuuming for 45 minutes I think I have met my work out needs for the day.

BTW - Thanks for letting me know I am on day 6 - I too plan on doing Phase 1 until friday - but then we leave for a cabin with friends.....which I am already starting to meticously plan what my menu will be, I think staying away from alcohol will be the worst.

Again, great job ladies!!!

Pam
It sounds like your doing well, and I doubt a piece of pork will undo all your hard work.keep up the good work.