Old 08-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #31  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Suzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
I'm enjoying today more than yesterday, lol. I'm learning to add things for more flavor so that I don't end up with a bowl of something that just tastes like brown rice, lol. I really need good, deep flavors to make me enjoy a diet plan. Otherwise, I move on to another plan

Today I improvised with lunch and was very happy with the results. I had a bottle of Seeds of Change brand roasted red pepper vinaigrette. It's a naturally low fat, all natural dressing, so it's allowed. I combined 1 1/2 Tbsp of it with 1 Tbsp plain yogurt and poured it over my cup of cold brown rice. I added chopped onions and tomatoes, and chopped fresh spinach. It was seriously delicious

I'll investigate the Maggie seasoning, thanks for the tip!

Pam, I find that fruit smoothies really satisfy my sweet tooth. I just combine frozen berries with yogurt and milk, and add a little splenda to tame the tartness. These days I also add a tablespoon of ground flax seeds to gain the benefits of omega oils and fiber, plus it adds a slightly nutty flavor to the mix.
I am loving all the different Ideas of how to prepare the rice, keep them coming as you as you discover them ok?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 215/209/150

Height: 5'6

todays rice, I added in some stir fried vegetables. I used frozen veggies and heated them in a fry pan with 1tsp of chick broth, the veggies were snap pea, shredded carrots and zucchini - YUM!

For Wed, I am making a bean soup - I'll let you know how it turns out. I think this might help me become more creative cook too.

Pam
Old 08-22-2006, 05:57 PM   #33  
Ladean

Default Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmteub View Post
todays rice, I added in some stir fried vegetables. I used frozen veggies and heated them in a fry pan with 1tsp of chick broth, the veggies were snap pea, shredded carrots and zucchini - YUM!

For Wed, I am making a bean soup - I'll let you know how it turns out. I think this might help me become more creative cook too.

Pam
That sounds great!!! I'll try that...Tomorrow I am stuffing a green bell pepper with rice and beans and tomatos and mushrooms and onions.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:39 PM   #34  
it's always something

It all sounds delicious I agree that this will make us more creative cooks! We'll have to be if we're going to eat this much brown rice every day

I also plan to subsitute other whole grains from time to time. Eating Well has a recipe for an interesting quinoa stuffed pepper that sounds good and just needs a tiny bit of tweaking to fit in. I'd also like to make some kind of flavorful stuffing for portabello mushrooms.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:37 PM   #35  
Less30

Day 2 and really sluggish. Probably really a detox for me since I just came off 10 days of vacation. Did not do so great on snacks today because of schedule...
B: Oatmeal (plain w/ cinnamon & 1 packet of splenda)
L: 1/2 cup black beans and corn with salsa
watermelon
Snack: smoothie (banana, yogurt, frozen berries, 1/2 cup fresh squeezed OJ & ice)
D: salad, brown rice, black beans w/ saute onions, cilantro and garlic and some tomato sauce
Old 08-22-2006, 09:23 PM   #36  
it's always something

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you It sounds like you did good under the circumstances.

Good luck
Old 08-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #37  
Ladean

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Good Morning Buddie, As For As The Rice , I Just Dont Eat Over 4oz!! Like The Protien On The Next Phase. Maybe Suzanne Are Someone Else Can Help. Have Good Day.
I was wondering if you were here today..I know your doing great by your emails..Keep up the good work buddie, your doing great!....Well, I got through my first day with no problem, so far I am really enjoying it.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:21 AM   #38  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning Ladean and all of you Beautiful ladies, How is it going?
we all hanging in there? I feel so much better , i will tell you that. I peeked
on the scale and loved the results so far!! we can do this , my headach
is fianly gone!! hew!! sugar withdrawls i amagine and diet drinks.
Iam running late just wantd to say hello to all my smashers!! hew!!
lets kick this weight where it belongs kicked to the curb!! go!! smashers
to!! hope to see all of you later.
Hugs Linda
Old 08-23-2006, 08:39 AM   #39  

Hi Ladies,

Well yesterday was day one. Not bad. I really wasn't hungry but I usually am not the first 2 days. It's after that that I get cravings.

As many of you have said you have to find creative ways to make the limited selections enjoyable. I'm going to try and experiment with a veggie bean burger I used to make. But it calls for bread crumbs to bind it together. I will try and add a little oatmeal instead.

Another thing is the scale. I tend to want to jump on that thing every two minutes when I am losing weight. I am not going to get on it until day 9 is over. On No! I have to wait 8 more days!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 177/173/150

Height: 5'5"

Day one down (it went really well). Here I come day 2!!

Today's plan:
B: oatmeal with milk and cinnamon, 1/2 banana
S: yogurt
L: salad
S: apple and yogurt (if needed)
D: rice with steamed veggies along with a side salad

exercise: I'm taking both my girls for a walk in the double stroller. 30 minutes here I come! LOL
Old 08-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #41  
Ladean

Default Linda and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Good morning Ladean and all of you Beautiful ladies, How is it going?
we all hanging in there? I feel so much better , i will tell you that. I peeked
on the scale and loved the results so far!! we can do this , my headach
is fianly gone!! hew!! sugar withdrawls i amagine and diet drinks.
Iam running late just wantd to say hello to all my smashers!! hew!!
lets kick this weight where it belongs kicked to the curb!! go!! smashers
to!! hope to see all of you later.
Hugs Linda
Good morning, sounds like this is really working..I haven't got on the scale, but this is only dat 2 for me, I think I will do like Dr Smith says and not weigh until my 9 days are up..SO happy your already happy with the scale Linda, you go girl...Tell us how your veggie burger turns out, I am starting a menu book of the different recipes, because I know throughout my life I will need to fall back on phase 1...Today's breakfast is 3 egg whites, and melon,1 cup of green tea and for snack I'll have yogurt,for lunch, left over veg soup, and an apple, and for snack another yogurt,dinner is a stuffed green bell pepper with brown rice and beans, and onions, mushrooms, and yellow bell peppers, I am adding some taco spice to my beans, and a salad, and maybe some frozen grapes for a later snack. Wishing everyone the best of luck on their journey to better health.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:17 AM   #42  
Ladean

Default All

I was just curious is anyone has experienced the flushing of the bowels? I don't know how else to put it LOL. I thought I would have that, but so far, I'm not, just curious.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #43  
Starting over.... (again)

S/C/G: 247/239.5/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone, just wanted to let you all know I finished phase I with some excellent results! I lost 8.5 lbs!! I admit it was tough for me, I even cheated a little bit one day..my cravings got the best of me. But now I'm on to phase II and so happy that I can have some coffee at last..lol. Hope everyones sticking with it and dont give up it's well worth it!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #44  
Ladean

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBlossom View Post
Good morning everyone, just wanted to let you all know I finished phase I with some excellent results! I lost 8.5 lbs!! I admit it was tough for me, I even cheated a little bit one day..my cravings got the best of me. But now I'm on to phase II and so happy that I can have some coffee at last..lol. Hope everyones sticking with it and dont give up it's well worth it!
That is amazing...Can someone explain to other then detoxing your body, why no coffee? I don't drink it very much anymore, but I do like a cup now and then, coffee has no calories, anyone know?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #45  
SonJohn

S/C/G: SW 226/ CW 207/ GW175

Height: 5'10"

Congrats PinkB, Nice Job!!!! Sorry no Idea's on the coffee.

This is day 9 of Phase 1, for me and I have to admit that I checked the scales more than I should have. Checking the scales inspurwed me to continue exspecially on day 2 and 3 the toughest days for me. I'm down 11 lbs- YAHOO!!! Tomorrow starts phase 2 - I really like Phase 1 wonder if I can just stay here a little longer.